Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 01:26 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,439,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

The deception is all on you. When you place everyone in a box called "right wingers" it shows how ignorant you really are. Go pat odanny on the back, it'll make both of you feel better.

Need a tissue?

Old 09-18-2013, 01:35 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,768,802 times
Quote:
You said:

I said:

To which you responded:

The deception is all on you. When you place everyone in a box called "right wingers" it shows how ignorant you really are. Go pat odanny on the back, it'll make both of you feel better.

Can't rep you again, but I agree completely.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:19 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,695,935 times
Quote:
I wonder if he rigged that sign... because:
"When I took office, the price of gasoline was $1.80, $1.86. Why is that?" Obama asked. "Because the economy was on the verge of collapse, because we were about to go through the worst recession since the Great Depression."

The price of gas was low because we were heading into a recession? Is this a revised formula for supply side economics?
Actually, when Barack Obama won the election, something really weird happened. Before he was even sworn in, the price of gas a the pump dropped significantly:

I really have no clue why this happened, but if anyone could take credit for actually causing it to happen, the credit would have go to George W Bush since he was still POTUS, but I can't honestly say what he did to drop gas prices so suddenly.

The only thing that makes sense: I think it may have been mindless optimism (or pessimism if you're the oil companies) that Barack Obama was about to do something amazing to fix everything. Obviously, it didn't last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies