Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 04:30 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,866,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthesnuggler View Post
All the conservatives fell for his op-ed. The guy doesn't speak a lick of English, yet you took his "column" as gospel. Perhaps that' part of the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
The sad part about your post is that Putin actually does speak English..
Obama is often considered well traveled, an accomplished speaker, and well educated...what languages, besides English, does he speak fluently?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 04:53 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,182,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Strange world we live in these days, I never thought I would see the day the Conservatives would kiss the arse of a KGB Russian Dictator while making childish attacks on our President. It just goes to show that contrary to their own claims many one the right are not Patriots and not good Americans. Clue to the Clueless: Putin is NOT your friend and if he had half a chance you would either be speaking Russian or wiped off the map. Trust him all you want, just know that while you are doing so he is providing more arms to the Iranians along with a new bomb factory (opps, power planet), let's all hope you do not learn your lesson so late that there are mushroom clouds over your home town.
Ok, back to your arse kissing, have fun now.
Maybe you should read some of the posts a bit more carefully. All I stated was, there is a problem, when the Nobel Peace Prizewinner, draws a line in the sand and declares violence is the answer, and the big bad bear, The Russian President, is calling for a Peaceful Diplomatic Solution.

Can you not see the irony of this situation? I don't love Putin, and I certainly don't trust him. In fact I spent 10 years in the U.S. Navy, to help ensure we would never be speaking Russian as a native language.

All I am saying is, there is a problem when the warmonger wants a peaceful solution, and the "Peacemaker", is looking for a violent one.

Another thing to consider when people say keep our noses out of it...We made a mess in Egypt, let's not make the same mistake.

Also, WHY are people asking we do something about Syria, when Saddam was gassing and killing thousands upon thousands of his own people, but NO, we need to stay out of Iraq. All the while, with all the heads up he had, the chemical weapons we were worried about, are now in the hands of Syria.

If Putin can get a deal brokered, that ID's and removes those Chemical weapons, without America having to act militarily, I am all for it.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:00 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,295,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
Obama is often considered well traveled, an accomplished speaker, and well educated...what languages, besides English, does he speak fluently?
Politicese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Yeah, just like Obama writes his own speeches.
Who cares if Putin wrote his speech? Putin does speak English, as do most university educated Russians. Although, the further they get from Uni the less English they remember.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:03 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,993,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Maybe you should read some of the posts a bit more carefully. All I stated was, there is a problem, when the Nobel Peace Prizewinner, draws a line in the sand and declares violence is the answer, and the big bad bear, The Russian President, is calling for a Peaceful Diplomatic Solution.

Can you not see the irony of this situation? I don't love Putin, and I certainly don't trust him. In fact I spent 10 years in the U.S. Navy, to help ensure we would never be speaking Russian as a native language.

All I am saying is, there is a problem when the warmonger wants a peaceful solution, and the "Peacemaker", is looking for a violent one.

Another thing to consider when people say keep our noses out of it...We made a mess in Egypt, let's not make the same mistake.

Also, WHY are people asking we do something about Syria, when Saddam was gassing and killing thousands upon thousands of his own people, but NO, we need to stay out of Iraq. All the while, with all the heads up he had, the chemical weapons we were worried about, are now in the hands of Syria.

If Putin can get a deal brokered, that ID's and removes those Chemical weapons, without America having to act militarily, I am all for it.
Don't you mean when a Nobel Peace Prize winner draws a line in the sand stating that the use of WMD's will not be tolerated. Which by the way the rest of the world agreed with but lacked the backbone to back up with anything other than words. I applaud the President of the United States of America standing up for morality, even while conservatives seem to have lost their moral compass. Putin only came up with the idea and Syria only agreed because the President had our military pointing their weapons at Syria, why is it so many Cons cannot grasp that simple fact, is it because you have all become pacifists all of a sudden or is it simply because Obama did it?

You use the word Peacemaker in a sarcatic way then meaning you really mean the opposite. Really, which wars are those the vast majority of wars we have fought were started by a Con and finished by Obama. Putin a Warmonger meaning he is really a Peacemaker, good God are you smoking crack? Look at his past track record and look at his ongoing actions with Iran, do you think it will make the middle-east and the world safer by supplying Iran with more weapons and another bomb factory (power plant)?

Good for you and thanks for your service, I did my time also doing the same thing in the Army. Good to know you are at least aware enough to not believe Putin is doing this for world peace or any other reason than to help a Dictator guilty of war crimes get out from under the gun.

Did WE/Obama make a mess of Egypt? Might want to read up on the situation, first off President Obama did nothing more than support the right of the People of Egypt to descide their own future, we did not support them in any way other than politically. The Mess came about when the elected official descided he would make himself into a Dictator and his group the Muslim Brotherhood descided they could over step their authority. The Military and majority of People said H*ll No and deposed him and are now working to re-establish a new Democratic government, I say good for them and wish them luck in their efforts.

I was not one of them, I was all for punishing Saddam for his war crimes, it was the government that did not want to act as they should, sanctions did nothing. I was against invasion when we did because it had nothing to do with the war on terror and more to do with Bush using his powers as an excuse to go after Saddam. I am all for the World punishing any Nation that uses WMDs against others for any reason other than self defence, sanctions are BS, Dictators only understand one thing, Force. And that leads up back to the orginal topic, the ONLY reason Putin came up with a plan was due to the Presidents actions and the ONLY reason Assad agreed to get rid of them is due to those same actions by the President and that cannot be denied since it is the Truth.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:00 AM

1,999 posts, read 2,482,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I like Putin. I like him more than I've liked any American President from Clinton to Bush to Obama. And the sexiest voice I've ever heard on a white woman was a woman on a Milwaukee County bus speaking into her cell phone with a thick, Russian accent.

Quote:
What's ironic, or "irony," is that you call Putin a warmonger and seem to insinuate Russia is a warmongering nation. There is no more a warmongering nation on this earth than that of the United States of America.

The Russians have been heavy handed with the Chechens but they've been up a redoubtable foes right in their back yards (not to mention the Chechens can be rather barbaric). The U.S. has done as bad if not worse with it's global jihad and outsourcing of torture and hidden CIA prison-torture-camps and the U.S. has been fighting the Cub Scouts.

I realize Americans have been indoctrinated from knee high to see the Russians as an accursed people and to see themselves as the "good guys." The fact is Americans are the bad guys. Very bad. And the world is lucky to have Russia.

Now, who else does the U.S. want to attack? Because being the war mongering nation it is it will in fact cut a Jihad wrapped in some sacred banner as it always does every so many few years. Mind you, the U.S. only attacks nations that don't have nuclear weapons and one's it extraordinarily has a technological advantage over.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:12 AM

1,999 posts, read 2,482,560 times
Quote:
Don't you mean when a Nobel Peace Prize winner draws a line in the sand stating that the use of WMD's will not be tolerated. Which by the way the rest of the world agreed with but lacked the backbone to back up with anything other than words. I applaud the President of the United States of America standing up for morality, even while conservatives seem to have lost their moral compass.
The United States is accused of using chemical weapons in the take down of Fallujah.

And aside from the chemical weapons--supposedly--used, that was one astounding take down that will go down in military history, perhaps being studied in the future just as Stalingrad is.

But if the U.S. used chemical weapons in Fallujah (photographs leave me to believe the U.S. did, the corpses looked more apocalyptically horrific than any photos I saw from Syrian corpses), it has no moral ground to stand on. The U.S. yapping its mouth about morals is like Satan standing on the top of a hill yapping about morals.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:49 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,277,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Time has done stuff like this before. It's not a political decision, they just figure more North Americans are more likely to buy their magazine to read about whether school athletes should be paid than to read about world events.
Exactly. A few weeks ago I read an article about TIME doing this all the time. LOTS of times. LONG before now. Can't find it now because Google has buried it under the flurry of Daily Caller and other rightwing articles about the Putin cover.

Meanwhile, here's another recent article about this useless kerfuffle that also shows some older covers.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/polit...arently/69450/

It's marketing, people. TIME thinks Americans don't want to read any European-based stuff. I repeat, they've been doing this all along.

Of course if you're a C-D conspiracy theorist with an anti-Obama jones, you'll just ignore TIME's history. Funny how the frothing-at-the-mouth crowd only noticed now.

Watch this post be ignored because it debunks the meme ...

Old 09-18-2013, 10:06 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,182,535 times
Quote:
Don't you mean when a Nobel Peace Prize winner draws a line in the sand stating that the use of WMD's will not be tolerated. Which by the way the rest of the world agreed with but lacked the backbone to back up with anything other than words. I applaud the President of the United States of America standing up for morality, even while conservatives seem to have lost their moral compass. Putin only came up with the idea and Syria only agreed because the President had our military pointing their weapons at Syria, why is it so many Cons cannot grasp that simple fact, is it because you have all become pacifists all of a sudden or is it simply because Obama did it?

You use the word Peacemaker in a sarcatic way then meaning you really mean the opposite. Really, which wars are those the vast majority of wars we have fought were started by a Con and finished by Obama. Putin a Warmonger meaning he is really a Peacemaker, good God are you smoking crack? Look at his past track record and look at his ongoing actions with Iran, do you think it will make the middle-east and the world safer by supplying Iran with more weapons and another bomb factory (power plant)?

Good for you and thanks for your service, I did my time also doing the same thing in the Army. Good to know you are at least aware enough to not believe Putin is doing this for world peace or any other reason than to help a Dictator guilty of war crimes get out from under the gun.

Did WE/Obama make a mess of Egypt? Might want to read up on the situation, first off President Obama did nothing more than support the right of the People of Egypt to descide their own future, we did not support them in any way other than politically. The Mess came about when the elected official descided he would make himself into a Dictator and his group the Muslim Brotherhood descided they could over step their authority. The Military and majority of People said H*ll No and deposed him and are now working to re-establish a new Democratic government, I say good for them and wish them luck in their efforts.

I was not one of them, I was all for punishing Saddam for his war crimes, it was the government that did not want to act as they should, sanctions did nothing. I was against invasion when we did because it had nothing to do with the war on terror and more to do with Bush using his powers as an excuse to go after Saddam. I am all for the World punishing any Nation that uses WMDs against others for any reason other than self defence, sanctions are BS, Dictators only understand one thing, Force. And that leads up back to the orginal topic, the ONLY reason Putin came up with a plan was due to the Presidents actions and the ONLY reason Assad agreed to get rid of them is due to those same actions by the President and that cannot be denied since it is the Truth.
Actually, I pointed out that the exact same thing was going on in IRAQ Saddam was gassing his own people, and many of the people calling for intervention against Syria, were against intervention in IRAQ.

As for Eqypt, Why wasn't the same support provided to the people of IRAN when they were going to rise up? Instead, support was for the leaders of Iran. Additionally, why was support for the people of Egypt, the first time around, but not this time?

Wishy washy.. . .

Old 09-18-2013, 10:29 AM

48,493 posts, read 97,103,228 times
They clearly don't want to be put on Obama's enemies list. Look at groups that are and now they have been targeted by the administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies