Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 01:05 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
The cop tried to retreat and used non-lethal means first...hardly "trigger happy".
how do you know that...cause the cops said so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
Well, I dunno.
The victim was "running toward the policeman"?
That was a mistake too.
Why didn't he walk? He must not have been very badly injured in the accident or he wouldn't be able to run.
Hard to say why someone does what they do after a car accident. Could have been shock...not thinking properly...scared, hurt...he didn't deserve to die though...especially from someone he trusted and looked to for help....guess pretty soon there'll be a rule book to read on "how to safely approach police", so that you won't be shot. Probably be a big seller.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:07 PM

692 posts, read 1,004,676 times
Quote:
hardly "trigger happy"
If firing at someone twelve times is not trigger happy, what is?

Old 09-28-2013, 03:55 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
how do you know that...cause the cops said so?
The article (the only source of info I have to go by) did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubina View Post
If firing at someone twelve times is not trigger happy, what is?
You shoot to stop the threat. Doesn't matter if it takes one bullet or one hundred.

Old 09-29-2013, 02:26 PM

[quote=Kreutz;31592883]The article (the only source of info I have to go by) did.

in other words, yes, the cops said so.

Old 09-29-2013, 04:19 PM

[quote=purehuman;31603634]
Quote:
The article (the only source of info I have to go by) did.

in other words, yes, the cops said so.
There will be other eye witnesses. A scene like this draws many eyes.

This will all come out in the trial. I just think its a shame to even have a trial to appease the usual race-baiter extortionists like it happened to Zimmerman.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:17 PM

21,873 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Hard to say why someone does what they do after a car accident. Could have been shock...not thinking properly...scared, hurt...he didn't deserve to die though...especially from someone he trusted and looked to for help....guess pretty soon there'll be a rule book to read on "how to safely approach police", so that you won't be shot. Probably be a big seller.
That's called common sense. And yeah, it's not so common.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:21 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,484,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
The victim was "running toward the policeman"?
That was a mistake too.
Why didn't he walk? He must not have been very badly injured in the accident or he wouldn't be able to run.
People are often in shock after an accident and are not thinking straight. Often things happen so fast that they don't even know how they got into the accident in the first place. Lots of accident victims report that they never knew what happened. It's often eyewitnesses who are able to say what happened, or the police figure out what happened from the evidence. Therefore, accident victims are often just overwhelmed that they almost died and that their car is wrecked.

Also, in this case, it was the middle of the night, no one was out, and the victim had been looking for help for quite a while. After all that, he was probably so relieved to finally see people (the police) who could help him, that he just ran because of the expectation of getting help.

This is such a sad story.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:21 PM

4 posts, read 3,975 times
Quote:
The cop tried to retreat and used non-lethal means first...hardly "trigger happy".

The fact the cop is being charged tells me he was white. If he wasn't there would have been no charges.

Defending yourself against black people trying to harm you is illegal in America now.

Does the "non-lethal means" still count even though the cop missed with the Taser??? Race issues notwithstanding, I think this was another case of murder! But the cop will probably get away with it! They usually always do. They can shoot somebody that's unconscious and justify it! Makes me sick!

Old 09-30-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002FXDX View Post
Does the "non-lethal means" still count even though the cop missed with the Taser??? Race issues notwithstanding, I think this was another case of murder! But the cop will probably get away with it! They usually always do. They can shoot somebody that's unconscious and justify it! Makes me sick!
The only reason I'm sticking up for the cop is because (based on the article) he did make a good faith effort to use retreat back and nonlethal means. The fact he missed with the taser is unfortunate(may not have worked anyway), but things like that happen.

I'm also wondering if the dead man was under the influence of something which will come out in a toxicology report. The bum-rushing the cops thing reeks of alcohol and/or PCP use, probably exacerbated by head trauma from the car accident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies