Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 02:22 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
When you can't argue with logic because your arguments are invalid, argue with emotion. That's sure to win people to your point of view

I've lost friends to violence. When it happened, I didn't blame the gun. Nor did I blame everyone who owns a firearm for the actions of one person. I placed the blame squarely on the head of the person who committed the violence.
Get out of here with that common sense, it might upset the liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 02:26 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
LOL.. I thought AR stood for Accounts Receivable..

Seriously, it stands for Automatic Rifle, back in the day when Colt gave it the AR designation in the model, it was legal to own a fully automatic firearm.

I don't refer to my Colt AR-15, my European AK-47, or my Springfield M1A as "Assault Weapons", like some anti-gun politicians do, I call them Semi-Automatic rifles because I'll never use them to Assault anyone, unless they want to assault me, besides, any one of my semi-automatic handguns, or my 2 magnum caliber revolvers are easier to handle in a self-defense situation.

AR originally stood for Armalite Rifle. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:33 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
LOL.. I thought AR stood for Accounts Receivable..

Seriously, it stands for Automatic Rifle, back in the day when Colt gave it the AR designation in the model, it was legal to own a fully automatic firearm.

I don't refer to my Colt AR-15, my European AK-47, or my Springfield M1A as "Assault Weapons", like some anti-gun politicians do, I call them Semi-Automatic rifles because I'll never use them to Assault anyone, unless they want to assault me, besides, any one of my semi-automatic handguns, or my 2 magnum caliber revolvers are easier to handle in a self-defense situation.
AR I think stand for the original manufacturer of the rifle before Colt took over production- Autolite Rifles (edit: Armorlite). There were other weapons with the "AR" designation - I think handguns and shotguns, long long ago with this now defunct company.
I think most of us know this - Assualt rifles are by definition select fire automatic weapons. I think there have only been 1 or 2 murders in the US only using "assualt rifles" since the times of Bonnie & Clyde. Assault weapons on the other hand is just a made up political term and basically is anything a politician wants it to be....a slingshot if he so designates it.
I like to refer to today's semi-automatic weapons as "modern sporting rifles" since that's what they are used for 99.999999% of the time.

Last edited by Dd714; 09-17-2013 at 02:58 PM..

Old 09-17-2013, 02:33 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default Sen. Feinstein (D-CA) calls for even more gun laws after DC Naval Yard shooting

It's what she does.

No one who follows politics should be upset or surprised by this.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:38 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
While you may not consider any of them to be senile, what you don't know is their actual mental condition. It's likely Feinstein's had enough mental degradation to where she is no longer fit to be in office. Remember, she isn't a person running her own flower shop -- she's an elected official, voting on things that impact millions.

Senility is a slippery and often gradual slope. There's often never one particular point in time that you can pinpoint and say "Aha! She's losing it!". Much like the frog that doesn't leave the pot when the temperature is increased gradually, Dianne Feinstein likely does not recognize the fact that she has diminished capacity, and I can say with certainty that she is not the same mentally at 80 as she was at 60.

Feinstein deserves to be in the AgeLimits/TermLimits Hall of Shame, and is a fixture on my personal Mount Rushmore for the same.
And Ron Paul? What is your esteemed opinon regarding his mental acuity at age 78? I notice he was conveniently left out.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:39 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
Just looking at Fienstien is a birth control measure. She is a poster for erectile dysfunction. When I look at her I wonder if she is even a woman.
She IS 80 years old; any bloom of youth is long gone. Perhaps you should look at her as a politician and not a potential bedmate.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:45 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And Ron Paul? What is your esteemed opinon regarding his mental acuity at age 78? I notice he was conveniently left out.
You've been reading, but you haven't been paying attention. Ron Paul was left out of my comments because we were discussing the decrepit one, Dianne Feinstein.

Even though I risking losing AARP as a sponsor for my Formula One team by saying this, I'm going to repeat my stance:

Term limits and age limits for EVERYONE. Virtually EVERYONE associated with ANY form (local/state/fed) of government.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:45 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Never fails eve if to distract from the real problem. Violent people having a history of violence and often mental problems well known. In this case since shooter got all but shotgun from security guards it falls even shorter.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:49 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times

Old 09-17-2013, 03:07 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,970 times
now that's funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies