Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 06:30 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Guess you missed what Obama's buddy Warren Buffe3t said about it
you might want to check it out!!
That's old news better do a google news search. Buffet never sail all of that. By the way would you be willing to sign up for Obamas Bronze plan. You have to pay 40% of your medical costs. Didn't think so. Tell me whos on the government dole?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 06:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Hate to burst your bubble, but, it is, by definition constitutional. If the Supreme Court says it is constitutional, it is. That is the final test of constitutionality. It says so in in the constitution itself. I don't know how a grown adult in the US could not know this...
Actually what the Supreme Court says is that its a tax, and taxes are constitutional, but they didnt say this tax was legal, what they said was that it wasnt challenged as a tax, because all tax increases must be passed in the House prior to the Senate. Obamacare was absolutely not passed in the House first..

Hence the new constitutional challenge taking place.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:38 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Hate to burst your bubble, but, it is, by definition constitutional. If the Supreme Court says it is constitutional, it is. That is the final test of constitutionality. It says so in in the constitution itself. I don't know how a grown adult in the US could not know this...
It says NO such thing.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:09 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Nothing will be blocked and next time the GOP is in the position of power they will tweak the program (it's going to need LOT'S of tweaking from everyone....let's not pretend otherwise) and call it a success by their own hand.

And for the record this is exactly where I want my taxes to be going. Cut's can and should be made elsewhere.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:34 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Nothing will be blocked and next time the GOP is in the position of power they will tweak the program (it's going to need LOT'S of tweaking from everyone....let's not pretend otherwise) and call it a success by their own hand.

And for the record this is exactly where I want my taxes to be going. Cut's can and should be made elsewhere.
"Tweaking"? The entire concept is the opposite of what should be done.

You can't 'tweak' that into working.

It simply be needs to be abolished in its entirety, and then, some discussion about how to bring market forces back to medicine is in order.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:38 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
This is true.

Pubs want to fight it because they know that once it's implemented, it will WORK.
Now that is really funny. You really should try to stay in touch with reality.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:44 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
"Tweaking"? The entire concept is the opposite of what should be done.

You can't 'tweak' that into working.

It simply be needs to be abolished in its entirety, and then, some discussion about how to bring market forces back to medicine is in order.
What do you do with Medicare, Tricare, and all the private employer insurance programs? Cant answer that can you. Whats wrong with Ryancare. It looks like Obamacare. Don't have any answers for that either. Where the Replace plan from Repeal and Replace. There isn't one there is absolutely nothing...nada nothing. Market forces have you ever looked at the exchanges??? Typical Tea Partier you haven't even bothered to look at the exchanges. I wont ask you which government plan you are on..

Old 09-17-2013, 08:49 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I have been hoping upon hope for seccession, but alas, they were just empty promises by the right wing after the election. I already have insurance, but that does not mean that I do not support others having access to it. I'm an empathetic person.

BTW...

If Health Insurance Mandates Are Unconstitutional, Why Did the Founding Fathers Back Them?

The founding fathers, it turns out, passed several mandates of their own. In 1790, the very first Congress—which incidentally included 20 framers—passed a law that included a mandate: namely, a requirement that ship owners buy medical insurance for their seamen. This law was then signed by another framer: President George Washington. That’s right, the father of our country had no difficulty imposing a health insurance mandate.

Six years later, in 1798, Congress addressed the problem that the employer mandate to buy medical insurance for seamen covered drugs and physician services but not hospital stays. And you know what this Congress, with five framers serving in it, did? It enacted a federal law requiring the seamen to buy hospital insurance for themselves. That’s right, Congress enacted an individual mandate requiring the purchase of health insurance. And this act was signed by another founder, President John Adams.

Not only did most framers support these federal mandates to buy firearms and health insurance, but there is no evidence that any of the few framers who voted against these mandates ever objected on constitutional grounds. Presumably one would have done so if there was some unstated original understanding that such federal mandates were unconstitutional. Moreover, no one thought these past purchase mandates were problematic enough to challenge legally.

If Health Insurance Mandates Are Unconstitutional, Why Did the Founding Fathers Back Them?
An excellent fact filled post and I would add that even our right leaning supreme court has upheld it so there really is zero grounds to claim ACA is unconstitutional. That is just the sour grapes from the losers.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:51 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Tell you what...

Tell me this. Would you let me make your financial choices for you? To decide what to buy, what to spend your money on, and what to give away?
Are you a financial planner? State your qualifications.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:56 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Osamacare will be a big disaster..........that is the idea.

Then the Filthocrats can push for single payer, then.......onto Pol-Pot-America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies