Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 08:58 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,988,281 times

Advertisements

I'd like to remind our right wing friends that the least popular component of the ACA, the individual mandate, was developed by the HERITAGE FOUNDATION. You know, the same "think tank" that gives conservative media talking points on a daily basis. The ACA will send up to 40 million Americans into the private market pool. Don't you people want more competition in the free market? Or are you a Blue Shield stockholder or something and don't want to lose your borderline monopoly? Maybe you're just a pawn that has been brainwashed? Explain....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 09:01 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,426,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Osamacare will be a big disaster..........that is the idea.

Then the Filthocrats can push for single payer......then onto Pol-Pot-America!
This is what the Sheeple have been hearing for four years and of course they believe what they are told by O'Reilly, Rush, and Coulter. So . . of course that is what they believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
I'd like to remind our right wing friends that the least popular component of the ACA, the individual mandate, was developed by the HERITAGE FOUNDATION. You know, the same "think tank" that gives conservative media talking points on a daily basis. The ACA will send up to 40 million Americans into the private market pool. Don't you people want more competition in the free market? Or are you a Blue Shield stockholder or something and don't want to lose your borderline monopoly? Maybe you're just a pawn that has been brainwashed? Explain....
Obama has not spent four years promoting Obamacare as his detractors have spent . . .well, detracting. They got their gloom and doom message out years ago and it's been on replay ever since - and the Democrats really did nothing to counter that message.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:05 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,709,609 times
Quote:
I agree, I am on a Blue plan. It must be scary know a couple of Walmart type plans are competing in my state. I always thought Republicans loved Walmart and competition but now they don't want it. What gets me almost all the complainers are on Medicare, Tricare, and VA.. Hey you complainers why not join me on the Walmart Obamacare Plan?

Old 09-17-2013, 09:05 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,627,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
"Tweaking"? The entire concept is the opposite of what should be done.

You can't 'tweak' that into working.

It simply be needs to be abolished in its entirety, and then, some discussion about how to bring market forces back to medicine is in order.
Ah! I think I now understand your position. You want to kill the cow and then figure out how to get milk later. All this time, I thought you libereps had a viable plan for Health Insurance and medical care ready to roll out to replace the ACA.
Thanks fror the update.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:11 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,627,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Osamacare will be a big disaster..........that is the idea.

Then the Filthocrats can push for single payer, then.......onto Pol-Pot-America!
There you have it! The people who passed Obamacare are "Filth" and eventually, they will march you into a rice paddy with a blue plastic bag on your head and shoot you.

Got it! Thanks for that friendly insight.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
There you have it! The people who passed Obamacare are "Filth" and eventually, they will march you into a rice paddy with a blue plastic bag on your head and shoot you.

Got it! Thanks for that friendly insight.
Interesting insight since in the case of Pol-Pot it was illiterate communists coming out of rural Cambodia who murdered and sent into the countryside urban Cambodians. Now we have our local rural Tea Party types trying to dictate the policies in DC. The difference is our Tea Partiers are on the public dole. They just don't want anyone else to get a helping hand.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:35 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,448,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The GOP hated social security. They hated medicare. But the public likes both quite a bit. Today, any politician of either party who goes on the record wanting to repeal either program is a dead duck.
Yes, people like free things. The fact that people like them doesn't make them good programs.
Quote:
Accordingly, the pubs want to do anything they can to derail Obamacare before it takes hold, because people are going to like it, too. Spending taxpayer dollars on taxpayers goes against everything they stand for.
We stand for the constitution. It goes against what the constitution stands for. The powers of the federal government are enumerated in the constitution and managing the healthcare system is not among them.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:42 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,946,308 times
Quote:
I'd like to remind you that this is nonsense.

Who the bloody heck cares what the Heritage Foundation can be twisted into having said eons ago?

This is NOT an argument, this is hogwash.

The biggest problem with our health care system is using insurance as a bill pay system, instead of a risk mitigation contract.

If you don't know what that means, you ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO DISCUSS THE TOPIC.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Yes, people like free things. The fact that people like them doesn't make them good programs.

We stand for the constitution. It goes against what the constitution stands for. The powers of the federal government are enumerated in the constitution and managing the healthcare system is not among them.
That's funny you like your Medicare and SS but you don't believe in them. Kind of like Ayn Rand. She contributed very little to Medicare before taking out many times more than she put in for cancer treatment. Are you ready to cancel your Medicare?? Didn't think so.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:44 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,946,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Ah! I think I now understand your position. You want to kill the cow and then figure out how to get milk later. All this time, I thought you libereps had a viable plan for Health Insurance and medical care ready to roll out to replace the ACA.
Thanks fror the update.
Sorry, that's preposterous nonsense.

Killing the ACA would be a good start toward fixing problems. It only creates larger and worse ones.

THERE IS NO GOVERNMENT PLAN NEEDED, except to get the bloody heck out of the way and stop interfering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies