Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 10:19 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Deciding if an unborn child gets to live or die isn't arrogant?

When you're planning to kill a helpless, growing human being within your body, it becomes my business.
And how many children are you responsible for and when do we get to follow you around to monitor your parenting skills?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 10:22 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
God I can't wait for the Big One to hit to finally end the insanity created by California....
Do you live there? Why do you care?

Old 09-18-2013, 10:25 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Actually, IT will never be your business. Its the business of the woman, and the doctor and whatever $deity (if she believes in one).

IT. WILL. NEVER. BE. YOUR. BUSINESS.
California does not need a doctor

Old 09-18-2013, 10:56 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
That's what the article claims, but when you click the link it only refers to a case in Montana. It's possible that in the State of Montana - women don't get to have doctors perform their abortions.

In California this new law will allow for someone called a "clinician", who will be trained by a Nurse - to do abortions.

Gosnell style abortion comes to California. He used high school kids as some of his "clinicians".
Oregon, Montana, Vermont and New Hampshire at this point. This doesn't mean doctors WON'T be available (but you know...sometimes they just aren't) but that there will be additional people trained to do this.

I remember the first time my parents had to see a nurse practitioner, I think it was after they joined Kaiser back in the 80's. They were worried they would be getting sub par treatment but they actually liked it better. They still get to their Dr's whenever they want as well. The battle is there and it doesn't matter how anyone feels about abortion.

I think most of the blow back from this bit of news is because it's so contrary to the other bits of news we hear from other states that want every free standing surgical center to be a mini hospital with all the red tape and overhead that comes with that. Well, maybe not ALL surgical centers but at lest the ones that offer any sort of abortion services.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:20 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,657,533 times
I can't believe a poster here thinks that a veterenarian is more qualified to perform this procedure than a masters (or beyond) level educated nurse who specializes in womens reproductive health and obstetrics!

Unbelievable.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:23 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Did California run out of doctors who prefer to destroy life over saving life?

Old 09-18-2013, 11:30 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Did California run out of doctors who prefer to destroy life over saving life?
and the rhetoric continues. anti-women folk are classless

Old 09-18-2013, 11:36 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
I can't believe a poster here thinks that a veterenarian is more qualified to perform this procedure than a masters (or beyond) level educated nurse who specializes in womens reproductive health and obstetrics!

Unbelievable.
Conservatives aren't the brightest bulb in the bunch.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:12 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post

Unbelievable.
veterinarian does not do surgery on people they do it on animals. An MD does surgery on people yet what I see here many support a non MD does a medical procedure on a person . Why not let a PA do all surgeries? Might as well let them do heart surgery after all if they can do surgery to kill others might as well let them do all surgery

Old 09-18-2013, 04:31 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Train wreck for women's health care. This won't improve access to care for low income women. It will create dangerous medical procedures performed by staff with no credentials. A nurse? Right. I bet procedures will be done by technicians.

I am pro choice, but this is crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies