Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2013, 04:56 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The terminator? Yea, too many movies swaying you're views.

The majority of gun owners don't plan on doing a Rambo impersonation. Most gun owners, and survivalists know they'll need a strong community in order to insure a future.

If anarchy comes calling then the best solution would be civility.
If anarchy comes calling, it will be met with well armed militias and pockets of unified resistance.

If anarchy comes calling, I'd much rather die on my feet than beg for life on my knees.
Steve, If anarchy comes calling, make the other guy die before you do. Living is better that way

Old 09-22-2013, 04:57 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Let's keep in mind that 75% of the criminals have been manufactured by the governments own war on drugs. They literally created a flood of criminals for the soul purpose of making money.

If we legalized all drugs, and gave amnesty to the inmates of non-violent drug crimes, we'd instantly wipe out the corporate prison monopolies and have a prison population in line with every other civilized country.
And I'd be much more willing to entertain that notion and discuss it than I would the idea of disarming the populace. At least the decriminalization argument has some statistical merit. The gun control thing has none--statistically it's just the opposite and, in my mind, the typical gun-control advocate runs purely on emotion. But emotion doesn't change the reality of the situation.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:00 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,419 times
Quote:
Let's keep in mind that 75% of the criminals have been manufactured by the governments own war on drugs. They literally created a flood of criminals for the soul purpose of making money.

If we legalized all drugs, and gave amnesty to the inmates of non-violent drug crimes, we'd instantly wipe out the corporate prison monopolies and have a prison population in line with every other civilized country.
A-fu*king-men.

I always love the vague popular American buzzwords like "Freedom", "land of the free", and etc, yet the same idiots perpetuating this drivel, have no idea of what little freedoms we actually enjoy here in the US.

Yeah, we might have the freedom to **** and moan on the internet, and ridicule our lousy government, but consider it a small perk in an otherwise locked-down society flooded with laws, basically rendering just about any daily activity, illegal in some way.

Incarceration rates by country:
List of countries by incarceration rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-22-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
By his reasoning, a dollar will become more valuable if we get rid of the penny.

If we get rid of the second, and turn all of our weapons in, the Constitution will become stronger and police state will vanish!
The PC are sick...... They tend to justify all immoral behavior. They have done so to the point of the creation of a nation run by insanity. IMO the PC are the problem. With oput them we might return to a normal civilization.

My fear is it is too late.

We are busy spending our way to prosperity and create law by passing Bills we can't know what's in them until they are passed

IMO this makes Obama care illegal on all counts and I refuse to participate in this insanity no matter what.

This PC are very sick and I for one have no intent to let them pretend to lead.

I think the OP is a pretend wanna be cop. That handle says so. And Cops are the last people that should have access to any guns!

Old 09-22-2013, 05:04 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,352,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I chuckle every time I hear a gun nut say that their gun zealotry is "protecting their freedom" when, in fact, it is doing exactly the opposite. For there is no more effective way to insure a growing police state than a no-compromise pro-gun stance. And it is happening as we speak. They think they are gliding down the highway when, in fact, they are slip-sliding away. Regrettably, so are we all.

This latest in the long chain of tragedies will once again crank security concerns up another notch, resulting in more suspicion, more checkpoints, more searches, more impediment to people being left alone to go about their business free of harassment and challenge.

Everyone can see where this is going....that is, everyone not blinded by the religion of their gun-centric upbringing. Gun nuts are gradually frittering away all other freedoms in trade for one. And anyone willing to trade freedom for guns deserves neither.
The Bolsheviks used to refer to Russian liberals as 'useful idiots', meaning they could be used to further the Communist agenda and then discarded. The Republicans are using gun nuts in the same way.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:07 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
The Bolsheviks used to refer to Russian liberals as 'useful idiots', meaning they could be used to further the Communist agenda and then discarded. The Republicans are using gun nuts in the same way.
You're a special kind of idiot, if you believe that. Polls consistently show an overwhelming majority of Americans in favor of the second amendment, as it stands.

Because of that majority, which also transcends parties, it pretty much tells us that your comment makes zero sense.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
True That!!! Human nature can't be altered no matter how much hand holding kum-by-yaw singing you do!
Thanks. The PC are the best pretenders since the red commie revolt in 1917. Pretty much they are the same thing, once removed. There can be no doubt Obama is nothing more than a red suit if he is any suit at all.

He just squeaked by on Obama care which is illegal and then he thought he could go Syria alone.... he isn't thinking much at all. Fir a guy that claims he studied CONS LAW at Harvard I see no sign he studied a thing at Harvard. If he was there at all I bet he was a janitor and he studied How To Push de broom

So far not once have i seen a clean picture of the chump. They are all photo shopped other than the very first ones. You know where he flubbed the oath of office and then he forgot to place his hand over his heart for the National Anthem. he's no good at golf, and he can't shoot a shot gun for squat.

I don't know if the USA can stand 3 more years of this BSer. 24 years and counting it will be if we make past this idiot. A gold fish could do a better job. or maybe one of those 8 balls gag toys where you ask a question and it tells the answer.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
A few thoughts on the matter:

I dislike having to chose to be armed. I really do. But, looking around me and basing my choice on reality, it's the best choice. Guns or no guns, the bad guys are there. And should I have the misfortune of being confronted by one of them, the only question is what will maximize my likelihood of survival.
Same here. Until the mid 80's after my home had come under attack! The kind where I needed to be armed and was, but with things only for hunting not designed for self defense, and living more rural than I do now!

This is HOW I KNOW the PC created this and they OWN it. used to be i could buy WW-2 surplus from the classified in Popular mechanics for cheap no questions asked. Then the big they killed JFK and that all changed that day. That had nothing to do with We the people either, but ever since we have been tolerant until NOW

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am all done. I am sick of the PC and their sickness and i refuse to tolerate them a bit anymore forever!

IMO being PC is a sickness and insane. They need to be weeded out, condemned and repaired if it is possible, but i have my doubts it is.

How does one going about fixing 55+ years of insanity?

Old 09-22-2013, 05:22 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Viewing this from a more lofty level, ultimately, a disarmed populace is a subjugated populace. That's the way it's always been and the way it will always be. No amount of belief in the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is going to change it. If you disarmament-freaks want to be subjects, have at it. But don't expect everyone else to follow you to hell.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:

I agree with that. The PC creation of criminals is good business for the government. Just look at ammo and freeze dried camping foods... 'We' can't buy any and have not been able to for even camping for the last 3 years.

But the sheep don't go camping, they go shopping, and don't care. So long as they have tv pc, cell service and what ever other 'pleasure orbs' are at their beck and call, they will be happy. The whole thing stinks.

The PC will trade anything to be happy and the Govt knows that and so offers bait the PC suck right up. it's all pretend. Take away the booze, the make up which is an illusion of youth and heath women smear on to no end and that stuff is toxic with urine, sex organs from deer, goats and sheep, not to mention mercury and acetone, and the creation of everyone being 'equal' when it is never true, add in the fact that toys we call high tech make our brains mush, to the point sceince is what Fat Al Gore says it is

And last work is almost unethical, with the idea people need to be responsible for what they do!

Take all that away and the sheep will frigging revolt...... get those guns first and their revolt won't matter.

3 weeks with not one truck moving all the govt needs to end what we know as the way of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies