Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 08:50 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Please explain how a democratically elected government=tyranny.

Being on the losing side of an election does not give you the right to overthrow the government and start killing people. Anyone that thinks that way is insane and insane people shouldn't be allowed to own guns.
And insane people shouldn't be allowed to post.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:08 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Trust me I have no faith or trust in any Government least of all our own and least of all anything to do with what they say on firearms, and The ATF has a great deal to do with that..they have murderd Randy Weaver Wife Vicky as she nursed their daughter, His Son, The family dog, They Murdered the Branch Davidians over a $200 tax stamps they could not buy, murdering 84 people mostly women and kids....countless acts of entrapment...and not this False Flag called Fast and Furious.....

And they call us paranoid for not trusting them....
Indeed. It seems some folks are willing to take it on faith that government, our own or another, is actually telling us the truth. To tell us that guns are pouring across the US/Mexico border, and then get caught setting up a smuggling situation to wave about as proof...well....yea,THAT affirms my faith in their "facts".

Anyone with a lick of sense and a modicum of knowledge about firearms can look at the situation in Mexico and figure out that US made hardware is not the numero uno issue weaponry of the cartels. A notable exception to look at would be the Zetas. Yep, they are fully equipped with US military weaponry and TOE. Uh huh, and they got all those goodies from a crooked gun shop in Bugtussle AL. Oh wait! No. It was a crooked gun store in FT. Bragg NC. That's the right. I remember now. Real BIG gun store. Perhaps you know it? Yea, the United States Army Special Operations Command.

LMAO. Guns are pouring into Mexico from here alright. Via "special units" of the Mexican Army and Federal Police force, trained and equipped by the US military, with the blessings of Eric Holder and company. Then they try and tell us all that cool firepower, full auto, grenade launchers, shoulder fired anti armor rockets, hand grenades, long range sniper weapons, night vision, explosive tipped AP ammo, mines, body armor, crew served weapons and what have you, came from crooked gun dealers. And people actually believe this? They want, sooooo badly, for this to be tied to individual firearms rights in the US that they get right on board. Callig folks like you and I gun nuts, gun humpers, gun fondlers, radical RW nutjobs,and, as you said, label us as paranoid. They actually take themselves seriously as well, not even realizing how idiotic they are. Having been told and told the same lies over and over so many times, they actually believe them.

It's a sad and rather frightening state of affairs. Particularly considering the agenda of the current US administration. The latter feeds on lies and breeds them like cattle and swine to keep themselves fat. The more people that buy the lies, the fatter they get. Were I king, I would cut off ALL monetary and material aid to Mexico, and seal the border. Wish them luck and concentrate on our own issues. The cartels run that place. Let the Mexican government reap from the corruption they have sown.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:51 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Freedom of speech plays a much larger role in protecting our freedoms than the right to bear arms does. In war or rebellion or revolution you use speech a lot more than you use guns
Tell that to every solider in every war for freedom..

Old 01-03-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Please explain how a democratically elected government=tyranny.

Being on the losing side of an election does not give you the right to overthrow the government and start killing people. Anyone that thinks that way is insane and insane people shouldn't be allowed to own guns.
So I take it that give the government acting on behalf of the government the right to take way or greatly limit the rights of the minority.

Or rights are not subject to the majority, or elections or government because government, the majority, and elections did not give us those rights, and they cant not and will not be limited, altered, or abolished. we have those rights just by being alive.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Indeed. It seems some folks are willing to take it on faith that government, our own or another, is actually telling us the truth. To tell us that guns are pouring across the US/Mexico border, and then get caught setting up a smuggling situation to wave about as proof...well....yea,THAT affirms my faith in their "facts".

Anyone with a lick of sense and a modicum of knowledge about firearms can look at the situation in Mexico and figure out that US made hardware is not the numero uno issue weaponry of the cartels. A notable exception to look at would be the Zetas. Yep, they are fully equipped with US military weaponry and TOE. Uh huh, and they got all those goodies from a crooked gun shop in Bugtussle AL. Oh wait! No. It was a crooked gun store in FT. Bragg NC. That's the right. I remember now. Real BIG gun store. Perhaps you know it? Yea, the United States Army Special Operations Command.

LMAO. Guns are pouring into Mexico from here alright. Via "special units" of the Mexican Army and Federal Police force, trained and equipped by the US military, with the blessings of Eric Holder and company. Then they try and tell us all that cool firepower, full auto, grenade launchers, shoulder fired anti armor rockets, hand grenades, long range sniper weapons, night vision, explosive tipped AP ammo, mines, body armor, crew served weapons and what have you, came from crooked gun dealers. And people actually believe this? They want, sooooo badly, for this to be tied to individual firearms rights in the US that they get right on board. Callig folks like you and I gun nuts, gun humpers, gun fondlers, radical RW nutjobs,and, as you said, label us as paranoid. They actually take themselves seriously as well, not even realizing how idiotic they are. Having been told and told the same lies over and over so many times, they actually believe them.

It's a sad and rather frightening state of affairs. Particularly considering the agenda of the current US administration. The latter feeds on lies and breeds them like cattle and swine to keep themselves fat. The more people that buy the lies, the fatter they get. Were I king, I would cut off ALL monetary and material aid to Mexico, and seal the border. Wish them luck and concentrate on our own issues. The cartels run that place. Let the Mexican government reap from the corruption they have sown.
Funny how we cant have most of that, and we are law abiding citizens..

I would love if we could send our liberals to mexico...

Old 01-03-2014, 04:49 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Funny how we cant have most of that, and we are law abiding citizens..

I would love if we could send our liberals to mexico...
The fact that the US government is a source for that stuff getting into cartel hands is not one they want brought up either. None of the news outlets, even conservative talk radio, talk about much. It needs to be beat to death, but it's still not happening.

It's gone so far now and the cartels are so well armed funded and have such manpower that the military is the only force we have that can take them on. It may come to that yet. If it does, look for a huge assault on civilian ownership of firearms under the auspices of winning that conflict.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The fact that the US government is a source for that stuff getting into cartel hands is not one they want brought up either. None of the news outlets, even conservative talk radio, talk about much. It needs to be beat to death, but it's still not happening.

It's gone so far now and the cartels are so well armed funded and have such manpower that the military is the only force we have that can take them on. It may come to that yet. If it does, look for a huge assault on civilian ownership of firearms under the auspices of winning that conflict.
Any elected official that thinks that should be tried, found guilt of and shot for treason and sedition..

Funny how the federal government bred this monster, and we must suffer for they actions..

More reason we need a fence..

Old 01-04-2014, 03:19 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,285,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I chuckle every time I hear a gun nut say that their gun zealotry is "protecting their freedom" when, in fact, it is doing exactly the opposite. For there is no more effective way to insure a growing police state than a no-compromise pro-gun stance. And it is happening as we speak. They think they are gliding down the highway when, in fact, they are slip-sliding away. Regrettably, so are we all.

This latest in the long chain of tragedies will once again crank security concerns up another notch, resulting in more suspicion, more checkpoints, more searches, more impediment to people being left alone to go about their business free of harassment and challenge.

Everyone can see where this is going....that is, everyone not blinded by the religion of their gun-centric upbringing. Gun nuts are gradually frittering away all other freedoms in trade for one. And anyone willing to trade freedom for guns deserves neither.
Likewise as the Federal and State Governments attempt to create a more perfect tyranny, the people purchase more arms and ammunition and educate themselves on law and the illegality of the tyrannical government goons.
Meanwhile the idiot left continue to cheerlead the ongoing tyranny until they sink into the serfdom the so desperately yearn for.
The best we can hope for is a total break down of society in which the idiot left will not survive.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Likewise as the Federal and State Governments attempt to create a more perfect tyranny, the people purchase more arms and ammunition and educate themselves on law and the illegality of the tyrannical government goons.
Meanwhile the idiot left continue to cheerlead the ongoing tyranny until they sink into the serfdom the so desperately yearn for.
The best we can hope for is a total break down of society in which the idiot left will not survive.
I will say I will not shade a tear when they suffer...

I have reached a point were I feel nothing towards them.. no hate, and not anger, nor pity or mercy..

Last edited by gunlover; 01-04-2014 at 04:51 PM..

Old 01-05-2014, 10:35 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I think the OP is either, or both, very naive or very young.

All you have to do is look at history.

Did the Prohibition Amendment stop the use of ALL alcohol?

Has the war on drugs stop the illegal use of drugs?

Has the war on poverty stop poverty?

Did the Great Society create a great society?

Maybe one day he will grow up.
I am neither, but it is not unexpected that you would reach for that straw since there exists no rational defense of your position. I am older than most posters here, so likely older than you.

What I am is at the limit of my patience for the controlling influence that a fringe group has on our violent culture. A group that can't see past the savagery in man's history and look toward a brighter, more prosperous, and more peaceful future. A group that doesn't begin to understand the profound irresponsibility of zealously clinging to an 1880 mindset. A group whose programming convinces the obediently irrational that more and more machines designed for no other purpose but to kill in the blink of an eye at range will result in less killing.

The NRA mis-interpretation of the 2nd Amendment has prevailed for a hundred years too long....and today clear thinking Americans understand that that mis-interpretation has become a grave liability to public safety. People convinced that they can't face day-to-day life without a gun need a reality check and to do a ground-up re-evaluation of their life choices and decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies