Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2013, 11:39 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Cool -- then we don't need the debt ceiling raised at all.

In fact if Obamacare were run as well as private insurance, then it will make so much money that the debt can be paid down.
This makes no sense.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:43 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Again conservative insanity on this issue is there for anyone to see.

conservatives in Congress agree that the government should be funded. Democrats in Congress agree that the government should be funded. President Obama agrees that the government should be funded.

There is no disagreement over the funding of the government.

Yet conservatives seem to perceive that voting to fund the government is a concession to Democrats, it is not.

So again, can someone anyone tell me what is the conservative concession to the Democratic party that they should accept conservatives changing the health care law or anything else one bit?
Because, it ACA is such a loser and implantation has been a farce. Cost keep on going up. Every body and anyone is trying to dodge the ACA. Even Gov. Workers don't like it!

That is the point. Obama Care not the solutions for America. How it was passed was by trick.

What ever happen to line item veto, what President Obama promised? Oh one of many!

Old 09-29-2013, 11:46 AM

150 posts, read 92,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
The charade that is american politics continues.
Pretty much. They should give it a name I suggest. YOU THINK YOU HAVE A CHOICE! Brought to you by 2 heads of the same snake.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So if Obamacare is funded, then why wont the Democrats stop holding the nation hostage and sign the spending bill passed by the House, which as EVERYTHING ELSE in it?

Clearly the Senate knows something more than you do, because if its fully funded, they wouldnt need to budget for its expenses, would they?
Again, the health care bill is funded. You can believe what ever you want.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Because, it ACA is such a loser and implantation has been a farce. Cost keep on going up. Every body and anyone is trying to dodge the ACA. Even Gov. Workers don't like it!

That is the point. Obama Care not the solutions for America. How it was passed was by trick.

What ever happen to line item veto, what President Obama promised? Oh one of many!
Irrelevant, the ACA hasn't even been implemented. Again because you don't like the law doesn't mean that conservatives in Congress voting to fund the government is a concession to Democrats so much so that they should destroy the health care law.

All I am asking is what are conservatives conceding to Democrats to get them to support gutting the health care law?

Old 09-29-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
They're called grants, and they are already in place.

"Many key ACA initiatives are funded through mandatory spending that does not require further Congressional approval. Appendix 1 In total, the ACA included $101.25 billion in mandatory spending from fiscal years 2010 through 2019.ii By the end of fiscal year 2011, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) had awarded nearly $3.6 billion in grants under the ACA.iii Most grant programs under the ACA have been funded through mandatory spending."

Affordable Care Act Funding: An Analysis of Grant Programs under Health Care Reform » Center for Healthcare Research & Transformation

Well, gee, let me see, genius. The GOP is telling the Democrats they will fund everything else if, and only if, they rescind the mandatory funding that is already in place. But you knew that.
That poster wont get it.

Old 09-29-2013, 12:02 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post

Unconstitutional.

Old 09-29-2013, 12:07 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Because impact on human beings (i.e., what I was referring to) evidently has no value in your mind, or at least far less value than money, especially when those adversely affected are others.
Debt is not money, it's the opposite of money.

What is extremely irresponsible is piling on trillions and trillions of debt. It's almost as though the liberals are TRYING to collapse the economy.

When they succeed in bringing about economic collapse, then what?

Old 09-29-2013, 01:33 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,587,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
When the government shuts down in a few days and bills/benefits already owed stop being paid; the nation's credit rating gets downgraded and interest on foreign debt shoots up; and your IRA/401K takes a hefty hit...remember come next election that you have the Republicans to thank for this. They will own 100% of it.
I'm looking forward to that. Tomorrow evening, when its clear the government will shut down, I'm going to short the stock market. Easy money, baby!!!!

Old 09-29-2013, 01:44 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaninEGF View Post
Agree....the bill was passed by both house and senate and then deciding at the last minute not to fund it is to me like crying over spilled soup. I say the best option is to let it go into effect and then see what happens. If it is as bad as some people say, then the Republicans will easily pick up more seats in the 2014 election. If not, then the Democrats will be right. But goodness, let it play out.

Yeah OK, and deciding to "deem it passed" after the election of Scott Brown is what exactly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies