Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 05:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Before that.

My dad had to place his private firearms in a compound, when we lived on base. and that was in the 60's
It's funny people think that until the 1990s all service members carried fully loaded M16s at base at all times.

It is bizzarre that they hear FOX blame Clinton for the shootings, and they rush here to repeat the claim, and they don't even bother checking the facts. The truth is there were people with guns, and the killer shot them, and used their guns to continue his shooting spree.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 09-19-2013 at 06:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 06:11 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The army base "gun-free" policy can be traced back to Department of Defense Directive 5210.56, signed into effect in February 1992 by Donald J. Atwood, deputy secretary of defense under President George H.W. Bush.

Last time I checked the bozo in the White House was Commander in Chief. That means he's responsible and it doesn't matter when something started. He can change it anytime he chooses.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:13 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You and your leftist friends need to get together, this is a daily occurance, mass shootings....

get it right, and get in lock step.....
There are far too many mass shootings but not a daily occurrence, can just imagine the accidents with everyone walking a round a military base locked an loaded. The solution is always more guns not common sense.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:23 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There are far too many mass shootings but not a daily occurrence, can just imagine the accidents with everyone walking a round a military base locked an loaded. The solution is always more guns not common sense.
Think about this....

Why do criminals go to places that guns are not allowed, and do these mass shootings, unless you are a guard?

And just do a quick search for "Concealed carry on the rise" and see what is going on.......

Old 09-19-2013, 06:24 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's funny people think that until the 1990s all service members carried fully loaded M16s at base at all times.

It is bizzarre that they hear FOX blame Clinton for the shootings, and they rush here to repeat the claim, and they don't even bother checking the facts. The truth is there were people with guns, and the killer shot them, and used their guns to continue his shooting spree.
Do you suppose that he took out the guards because he knew right were to go to eliminate any other threat?

Old 09-19-2013, 06:29 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Really? That's bizarre?

Is it bizarre that Obama said a president has no authority to attack a nation without congressional approval, then got elected and attacked Libya without congressional approval?

Is it bizarre that Obama said it was unpatriotic to raise the debt ceiling and voted against it, then got elected and said it was irresponsible for Republicans to not raise the debt ceiling?

Is it bizarre that Obama introduced sequestration and declared he'd veto any attempt to get around it, and then blamed Republicans for allowing sequestration to happen?

Is it bizarre that Obama said the individual mandate was not a tax, and then defended it in court as a tax?

Is it bizarre that Obama refused to hear Republican ideas about healthcare reform, then made speeches about Republicans having no ideas about healthcare reform?

Is it bizarre that Obama said he would not approve a budget that didn't contain tax increases, then accused Republicans of refusing to compromise on tax increases?

While it is true that conservatives believe things said by right wing politicians and pundits that might not necessarily be true, I think the continued support by liberals for Obama after exceedingly blatant lies is rather more bizarre.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:30 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Before that.

My dad had to place his private firearms in a compound, when we lived on base. and that was in the 60's
For those living on base, privately owned firearms were stored in the armory. While in uniform (which is most of the time while on base) one uses the firearms they were issued, not their private firearms. There are also a number of occasions where someone is required to be "under arms" and not in the performance of law enforcement activities. Such as those on guard duty.

I kept my private firearms in the armory while in the military, and I was allowed to check-out my firearms any time I wanted in order to take them hunting off-base, or to take them to the range on base to practice. After cleaning them myself, I would return my private firearms to the armory on base.

Unless when I was "under arms," if I wore a sidearm or carried a rifle while on duty, I would have been considered "out of uniform" and punished accordingly.

This was during the 1970s.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:31 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Really? That's bizarre?

Is it bizarre that Obama said a president has no authority to attack a nation without congressional approval, then got elected and attacked Libya without congressional approval?

Is it bizarre that Obama said it was unpatriotic to raise the debt ceiling and voted against it, then got elected and said it was irresponsible for Republicans to not raise the debt ceiling?

Is it bizarre that Obama introduced sequestration and declared he'd veto any attempt to get around it, and then blamed Republicans for allowing sequestration to happen?

Is it bizarre that Obama said the individual mandate was not a tax, and then defended it in court as a tax?

Is it bizarre that Obama refused to hear Republican ideas about healthcare reform, then made speeches about Republicans having no ideas about healthcare reform?

Is it bizarre that Obama said he would not approve a budget that didn't contain tax increases, then accused Republicans of refusing to compromise on tax increases?

While it is true that conservatives believe things said by right wing politicians and pundits that might not necessarily be true, I think the continued support by liberals for Obama after exceedingly blatant lies is rather more bizarre.
Sequester, health care, budgets, debt celing...... Did you get lost in the wrong thread.....

Old 09-19-2013, 06:41 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Think about this....

Why do criminals go to places that guns are not allowed, and do these mass shootings, unless you are a guard?

And just do a quick search for "Concealed carry on the rise" and see what is going on.......
There have been several attacks on military bases where there are armed guards in addition to a few others who are allowed to carry.

I don't think a lot of thought goes into these attacks, after all they are crazy. Organized terrorists are one thing, crazy people that hear voices are quite another.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:44 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
mental patient at va? with full security clearance ? he shot the outer guard the rest were helpless
security procedures need revision
navy shooter was a va mental patient
Once obtained, it is very rare for security clearances to be lowered or eliminated. Even after leaving the military those who obtained them retain their security clearance, even though it has been deactivated. There are times in the civilian sector when it is necessary to reactivate a military security clearance. Obviously, in the case of the Navy Yard shooter, that was one of those times.

I was in a similar situation. While I was on active duty I held an active security clearance. When I separated from service my security clearance was deactivated. A decade later, as a civilian, I obtained a contract in the defense industry and it required having my military security clearance reactivated for the duration of the contract. Unless one is convicted of a felony, is determined mentally incompetent by the courts, or otherwise poses a significant risk to national security, their military security clearance stays with them for life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies