Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 09:57 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,205,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Is Obama poised to end nearly 40 years of tension with Iran? Could he bring a peaceful resolution to the Arab-Israeli conflict? He might just pull off both. His would end as the most triumphant presidency on the world stage in modern history if he can do it.
Classic, give obama credit for something he never did. This prez and his accomplishments exist only in theory.

Obama is a dupe and we are the fallguys as a result of his incompetence.

I hear Obama plans to visit the Red Sea and split the waters. His presidency will end as the most triumphant presidency on the world stage when he parts the waters!

Old 09-24-2013, 11:18 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,156,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
When President Obama took office, Iran was determined to develop nuclear weapons, resistant to the West, and utterly defiant. Republicans under Bush had been predictably ineffective, even detrimental, by their actions in that region.

Enter President Obama. Intelligent, resolute, dignified, firm, effective. He let Iran know in no uncertain terms where the US stood and sought conformance. He established dialogue, exercising a smarter foreign policy than his hapless predecessor. The result? New President sounds like he was listening.

Again, kudos to President Obama. Republicans wrong yet again. Without submerging this country into war, the President caused CHANGE in Iran.

Iran's president Rouhani: We will never develop nuclear weapons - World News
Unless you think Obama caused the election of the new leader, he had absolutely nothing to do with Iran's current public position.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:32 AM

18,801 posts, read 8,461,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Unless you think Obama caused the election of the new leader, he had absolutely nothing to do with Iran's current public position.
You underestimate the impact of the imposed economic embargo.

Old 09-24-2013, 12:03 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,365,792 times
o will soon be toasting Iran's newest national drink - Taquiyya Tea.

I mean, he serves it at every event he has anyway.

Old 09-24-2013, 12:20 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,389,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
o will soon be toasting Iran's newest national drink - Taquiyya Tea.

I mean, he serves it at every event he has anyway.
Oh wow, the old "Obama is a secret Muslim" thing. I thought even the most gullible of the regressive radical right had dropped that one at least.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:51 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,259,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post

I'm not sure why the OP is giving Obama credit for Iran's turn-around on nuclear weapons. If in fact the new president of Iran wants to do away with nuclear weapons, then part of the credit should be given to the economic sanctions that were imposed on Iran, one of which was imposed in 2006, when Obama wasn't even anywhere near the White House, after then Iranian president Ahmadinijad wanted to do the uranium enrichment, an important component of nuclear weapons, and I'm sure many of us remember that he wanted to "Wipe Israel off the map" and many Iranians were cheering for that. Rouhani only wanted to end the economic sanctions that were imposed on Iran, and of course Rouhani will say anything to an NBC reporter to end those sanctions; we have to remember that what he promises and what he delivers are completely two separate things. So we have to ask ourselves, can we trust him? I wouldn't, at least not now.
There was nothing new in Rouhani's speech at the UN - he reiterated all of the past Iranian positions - he does like less scary than the previous President and he did have a large network to promote him as "charming". Notice that he walked out of the UN when Obama stood to speak, he refused to attend the luncheon because Obama attended. Rouhani is a long time associate of Supreme Leader Ali Khaminei, not the "outsider" that the press seems to believe. Iran wants two things right now - sanctions to be removed and (just as important) to have a strong say in the affairs of Syria. Obama has indicated that both are possible .... all it took was public relations for the Charm offensive and the telephone call (after repeated snubs) that was 'heard around the world'.

A Nuclear Iran, with Charm

The real result of Obama's UN speech and the miraculous telephone call is that All our Arab allies in the Mid-East are very worried and are trying to figure out what they will do next. The "real" threat of a Nuclear Iran is not to the USA or even to Israel ..... it is to the Arab Sunni Nations.

The coming issue will be the new "Red Line" that Obama drew (he just can't help himself) about Bashar al-Assad. Obama says he still must go, that Assad won't be allowed to remain President of Syria -- Iran will never allow that unless perhaps Hezbollah takes over Syria and installs a Hezbollah President.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:12 AM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
When President Obama took office, Iran was determined to develop nuclear weapons, resistant to the West, and utterly defiant. Republicans under Bush had been predictably ineffective, even detrimental, by their actions in that region.

Enter President Obama. Intelligent, resolute, dignified, firm, effective. He let Iran know in no uncertain terms where the US stood and sought conformance. He established dialogue, exercising a smarter foreign policy than his hapless predecessor. The result? New President sounds like he was listening.

Again, kudos to President Obama. Republicans wrong yet again. Without submerging this country into war, the President caused CHANGE in Iran.

Iran's president Rouhani: We will never develop nuclear weapons - World News
I have never met someone so gullible in all of my life. My God, the lamestream media has done a bang up job on you. I would laugh if it weren't so sad.

Why don't you do a little history searching....no...forget it, it's easier for you to be told what to think.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:17 AM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Oh nonsense ...... the Iranians have been saying this from day one. They have repeatedly insisted that their nuclear program was for energy development only, and there has been no such "turnaround".

You ObamaBots are really quite disturbed and delusional. Thank you Satan.
Because it needs to be seen again...by, apparently, a LOT of people.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:32 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Haha, Obama sends a letter congragulating Rouhani on winning his election, and the OP is making claims that he changed the world..
Well he DID get the Nobel prize right? The only good thing about the current occupants of the White House is that there's only a few years left of their "reign".

Old 09-28-2013, 08:50 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,873,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Oh wow, the old "Obama is a secret Muslim" thing. I thought even the most gullible of the regressive radical right had dropped that one at least.
Why would that fact be dropped when he himself has admitted it? Are you calling the liar a liar???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.