Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2013, 09:48 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,251,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Good for you. Hold your head high when the country sinks further down the toilet. You obtained the "right" to marry another man. That's all that matters.

By the way, you have "Canada" listed as your location. Last I heard, marriage equality is the law for your country; why are you concerned about this country sinking down the toilet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 09:51 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

By the way, you have "Canada" listed as your location. Last I heard, marriage equality is the law for your country; why are you concerned about this country sinking down the toilet?
An attempt at a red herring? I'm shocked!
Where I'm from has nothing to do with the argument.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I'm not a man.

I work on laws that are important to me, you work on laws that are important to you. The difference is I actually do something about it, not just whine on the internet about how unfair the laws are.

There will come a day when the silent majority wakes up and then you'll be on the short end of things. Give it enough time and a bit more liberal stupidity. It shouldn't take long.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:55 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,193,209 times
Quote:
I'm not a man.

I work on laws that are important to me, you work on laws that are important to you. The difference is I actually do something about it, not just whine on the internet about how unfair the laws are.
Just what mind reading techniques do you use to know what other C-D posters do or don 't do?

Inquiring minds want to know...

We also want to know what levers you pull...

Quote:
I work at a state and federal lever

Old 09-19-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Just what mind reading techniques do you use to know what other C-D posters do or don 't do?

Inquiring minds want to know...

We also want to know what levers you pull...

We're all puppets to the left. Perhaps she meant "marionette strings".

Old 09-19-2013, 10:06 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,936,480 times
Quote:
Please follow the conversation. I didn't bring the bakery into the discussion, I am replying to another poster who did.
Actually Starbucks has added the word " bakery " to their title. Which reflects heated frozen snacks instead of thawed out dry and flat ones. This has nothing to do with the thread here, about like the last several posts have nothing to do with the subject.....

Old 09-19-2013, 10:57 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,001,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes I would, I don't want some self anointed Rambo making a bad situation worse. I noticed you failed to mention the mall shooting in Oregon, now why would you have left that out.
Harrier saw no point in mentioning every single mass shooting in U.S. history, which incidentally is not a new phenomenon.

There was a school shooting in the late 18th century shortly after the republic was formed.

Harrier also didn't mention the 1984 shooting up a McDonald in San Ysidro, CA, which may be a closer parallel to a potential Starbucks shooting.

What the heck does Rambo have to do with the discussion, and how could you possibly think that a person openly carrying a weapon could make an active shooter situation worse?

Old 09-20-2013, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Howard Shultz is not taking a stand on the gun issue. What he is doing is responding to the wishes of the majority customers, that they feel uncomfortable being around others packin heat, at Starbucks. Fact is , I talked to several patrons today and got the same answer. One woman put it quite bluntly, " if I see anyone other than officers, packin at my Starbucks, I will NOT go there again"
Did you ever ask her why she would trust a cop over a law abiding non-cop citizen who was armed?

Harrier is willing to bet that even if you did ask that queston, that she had no answer.

Like most liberals, she is conditioned to believe any story that big government sells them, and never to think critically.

Conservatives think critically - liberals don't.

Last edited by Harrier; 09-20-2013 at 12:17 AM..

Old 09-20-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
This. ^^

And I will take it a step further and send a letter to the corporate office of any business that welcomes (or allows) guns in their businesses telling them why they have lost my business.

Granted, I am just one person, but hopefully, others will do the same.
You prefer to put yourself in greater danger of being murdered?

Oooo k....

Old 09-20-2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
I see this as a private property issue. I'm strongly pro-gun, yet Starbucks has the right to say what will or will not come onto their premises.
Just like the gay bakery issue recently, the business should have the right to decline service if it feels so. Let the market decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies