Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 11:45 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
So only right-wingers own firearms or support the Constitution and the Bill of Rights? I'll be sure to let about half the guys at the local range know that they are no longer allowed to own firearms because they are registered Democrats. They should find that humorous.

Correct, that is the problem. It was a mentally unstable man who was known to be mentally unstable and was still allowed to obtain and maintain a security clearance because the same bureaucracy which wishes to restrict the rights of U.S. citizens was incapable of doing their jobs.

No, the solution is to look at the causes of the violence, instead of looking at the tools that are used to commit violence. But feel free to run around with your blinders on.

Ok, be coy.

Lets pretend like Republicans are strenuously advocating education and healthcare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 12:02 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Gun store business around DC soaring after Navy Yard shootings

HI everybody. Long time since I posted around here. Anyone who remembers me (maybe 2 of you) knows I am not the biggest fan of guns. Not completely against, but no NRA member am I.

Never the less, the article is a bunch of marlarkey.

Area guns stores have been indeed doing very good business. However, that is because as of October 1st, 2013, Maryland will be tightening their gun regulations. This rush to purchase has been going on for months now. As October 1st is getting very close, there is even more business.

So the rush to purchase may strike many as negative, but to blame it on the Navy Yard shootings is dishonest. But it is Al Jazeera after all. That should tip all of you off.

Do some searches if you do not believe me.

Nice to see old friends and foes still going at it.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:38 PM

8,408 posts, read 7,402,622 times
Lessee.....

You accused me of wanting to see children raped and killed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
For every bad apple, I can show you several that are good...

BUt, I bet you would have rather seen these children raped and killed...huh...
Then you make the incomprehensible implication that having a gun while experiencing road rage isn't out of the pale.

Quote:
Or are you saying that everyone who has road rage should not own a gun?
Then you get incoherent...

Quote:
LOL....

You provided a clip that talked about 2 people who had road rage and ended up killing themsleves, because of raod rage.

It's understandbale that you are not able to have a convesation with the stuff you brought to the table, so I guess this conversation is over....
So, yes, it's is a good thing that you've decided to end the discussion.

After all, if you can't get me to say that I want to see children raped and killed and if you can't get me to say that the solution to road rage is to pull out a gun, then what really is the point of the conversation?

Old 09-19-2013, 12:48 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Lessee.....

You accused me of wanting to see children raped and killed...

Then you make the incomprehensible implication that having a gun while experiencing road rage isn't out of the pale.

Then you get incoherent...

So, yes, it's is a good thing that you've decided to end the discussion.

After all, if you can't get me to say that I want to see children raped and killed and if you can't get me to say that the solution to road rage is to pull out a gun, then what really is the point of the conversation?

LOL............

Old 09-19-2013, 12:51 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Ok, be coy.

Lets pretend like Republicans are strenuously advocating education and healthcare.
While we're at it, let's pretend that the anti-gun crowd has a solution to the violence.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:53 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
"Alexis bought his gun legally in a D.C. suburb in Virginia, but was prevented from buying a potentially more deadly AR-15 by a state law barring out-of-state buyers from purchasing assault rifles,The New York Times reported."

THAT SIMPLY IS NOT TRUE!
Security cameras at the gun shop show that the shooter RENTED an AR-15, bought some ammunition, and test fired it at the store's range. He then filled out the back ground check paperwork, and bought a Remington shotgun.
He did not attempt to purchase an AR-15.
There is no law in Virginia forbidding a non-resident from purchasing a long gun; rifle or shotgun!
The NYT is WRONG!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies