Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 01:07 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,529 times

Advertisements

So as a duly self-employed Republican, I'm going to have to buy my individual health insurance on the ACA exchange. I'm starting to research my options, and here is what I found out:

www.healthcare.gov is a total disaster. Nowhere on there can you find the out-of-pocket maximums for copays and deductibles for the bronze, silver, or gold plans. The information is a complete joke. When you click on "annual limit" you get a textual definition of what an annual limit is--not a number!

Anyway, who knows what the annual out-of-pocket maximums are for the different tiers of plans? Anyone? Or am I the only person in the country getting ready to buy insurance on the exchange?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 01:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Because if you have to use the Fed exchange it's not ready yet.

Here's where you will go. Nothing will be available until 10/1.

https://www.healthcare.gov/marketplace/individual/

Old 09-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
So as a duly self-employed Republican, I'm going to have to buy my individual health insurance on the ACA exchange. I'm starting to research my options, and here is what I found out:

www.healthcare.gov is a total disaster. Nowhere on there can you find the out-of-pocket maximums for copays and deductibles for the bronze, silver, or gold plans. The information is a complete joke. When you click on "annual limit" you get a textual definition of what an annual limit is--not a number!

Anyway, who knows what the annual out-of-pocket maximums are for the different tiers of plans? Anyone? Or am I the only person in the country getting ready to buy insurance on the exchange?
The Healthcare.gov site wont be fully funtional until October 1, that is when the states that have opted into creating exchanges will launch.

As of now, there are no numbers for you to find(other than estimates). Your individual state may already have a site set up though, try looking for that.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:24 PM

OK, so what I want is not finalized premiums, but the actual terms of coverage on the gold, and silver, and bronze plans. What are the plan specs? Specifically, what are the out-of-pocket copay maximums per year per family or individual for each type of plan? I'm in the middle of a chat session on healthcare.gov with "someone who can help" except that they cannot help, all they can do is soak up payroll dollars from the public trough.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:27 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
What state are you in? healthcare.gov gives $ for private plans in the exchange. Some states have this info up and some don't. You don't have health insurance now?

Old 09-19-2013, 01:32 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
OK, so what I want is not finalized premiums, but the actual terms of coverage on the gold, and silver, and bronze plans. What are the plan specs? Specifically, what are the out-of-pocket copay maximums per year per family or individual for each type of plan? I'm in the middle of a chat session on healthcare.gov with "someone who can help" except that they cannot help, all they can do is soak up payroll dollars from the public trough.
You can't wait 2 more weeks until everything becomes operational?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
What state are you in? healthcare.gov gives $ for private plans in the exchange. Some states have this info up and some don't. You don't have health insurance now?
I think the fact that the OP can't find what he wants right at this minute, instead of waiting until October 1st, he thinks this is proof that ACA is a complete failure

Old 09-19-2013, 01:42 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
I'm in Texas and get this message: "PLAN & COST INFO COMING OCT 1"

Old 09-19-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You can't wait 2 more weeks until everything becomes operational?

I think the fact that the OP can't find what he wants right at this minute, instead of waiting until October 1st, he thinks this is proof that ACA is a complete failure
OK, so I have had health insurance every moment of my adult life, most of that time self-employed. The government (notice I am not being partisan here) has elected to blow up the flawed system we had, and some elements of the government (still not being partisan) are threatening to blow up the flawed system we are supposed to get. I will be laying out somewhere close to $15,000 in premiums to protect the precarious health of certain family members. Cut me some slack, would you? I'm a little concerned. This is important stuff. The basic specs of gold, silver and bronze are written down somewhere--all I want to know is what those basic specs are. I guess that's too much to ask, so I'm dropping it for now.

So by the way, if there was some kind of evil plot to use the ACA as a means to get to universal health care, it is absolutely working, in my case. Bring it on! The ACA is a disaster, what we used to have was a disaster, we are probably already paying 150% of the cost of covering everybody now---so let's get it done already. We should make sure we do what we can so all children are healthy children, let's just cover everyone and get it over. Leave the employers out of it, get the government into it. Yeah, I know: death panels. Guess what? We need them. But the ACA does suck terribly, in many important ways.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:59 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The Healthcare.gov site wont be fully funtional until October 1, that is when the states that have opted into creating exchanges will launch.

As of now, there are no numbers for you to find(other than estimates). Your individual state may already have a site set up though, try looking for that.
I think the exchanges may begin doing business on the 1st, however enrollment won't be open until the 15th.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:53 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,412 times
So do you go to movie theaters and complain the movie sucks before it opens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies