Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2013, 04:10 AM

11,781 posts, read 5,795,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Now the Republicans can't even pretend that they're not engaging in class warfare when they always vote to cut programs for the poor and needy while pushing tax-cuts for the rich.

What did your democrats do when they had control of the house and senate? At anytime they could have raised the taxes for the rich to supplement all the democratic handouts - but did they NO - because that would have meant raising taxes on not only themselves but also on their backers who fund their campaigns.

We have more than enough social programs now to help out those who need it - unlike our grandparents who went through the depression - nutritional value - they were just happy to have something to feed their aching bellies.

Not many of us have the strength and fortitude to go it alone like they did in the depression due to all the gov't handouts. People have become so dependent on the gov't handouts that they no longer care or want to better themselves. I'm so disgusted that I'm about ready to join your so called poor - I'll give the house to the kids and apply for all the subsidies. Why should I fight it?

I'll get free rent so I won't have to pay a mortgage or taxes, free healthcare, I'll be able to go to a dentist which I can't afford now, my utilities will be covered, I'll be able to go into a retraining program for a new career, I'll get my free phone, and food stamps to boot. I won't lie awake at night going over how to pay the bills or how I won't be able to retire.

But I won't because I have pride - the only thing I ask is that you respect the fact that my pockets only go so deep - and if it comes to either me or you surviving - it's going to be me.

Old 09-20-2013, 04:21 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
The problem is not with cuts. The cuts are just symptoms of the problem. The problem is 5 years into the "recovery" more and more are having to rely on food stamps.

Food stamps are not an answer to the problems facing the country.

Old 09-20-2013, 04:25 AM

11,781 posts, read 5,795,007 times
[quote=tkdmom;31481245]You know what really gets me is the myopic attitudes of the privileged middle class dick-holes complaining about poor people on welfare, but never say a freakin' word when greedy banks and corporations collect trillions in corporate welfare, or spend trillions on maintaining the war machine. [/quote

I am hardly privileged or middle class. As a matter of fact, my party, The Democrats, have had control of the house and senate more than the Republicans in the last fifty years - but I don't see my party doing anything about greedy banks or corporate welfare either - why - because they'd also be cutting off the hand that feeds them. Who do you honestly think funds them - the poor? The dems have just as much to risk as the reps when it comes to going after banks and corporations. And is it not our now Democratic president who wants to go to war?

Old 09-20-2013, 07:31 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Seems like those things aren't on your list either.
You've got to look at this for what it is - It's a non-starter - a liberal talking point - a complaint without merit or cause.

A 5% decrease in spending over a 10 year period of time for a program that exploded 150% in a 5 year period is hardly worth anyone getting their panties-in-a-bunch over ---

Left leaning dingbats whining and balling over something like this only serves to show that intelligence is absolutely "not" a part of their equation. It sort of destroys their credibility and puts them into the same bucket that all of those moronic wingnut right wing types are in ..

Old 09-20-2013, 07:36 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,174,352 times
This should be a state issue. The fed has no business providing CHARITY.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:37 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Won't pass the Senate or Whitehouse and just another indicator that the GOP is committing a slow form of suicide, kinda sad to watch actually, there was a day I repected the GOP, those days are over.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:39 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
military funding can be dropped before a program like this is cut.
One of the biggest welfare programs of them all.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:42 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
military funding can be dropped before a program like this is cut.
With the "War on Terror" growing stronger I doubt we'll see any military cuts.
Both the Dems and Repubs want to attack countries. Syria and Iran are high on the list for "proactive defense" attacks.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:43 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
With the "War on Terror" growing stronger I doubt we'll see any military cuts.
Both the Dems and Repubs want to attack countries. Syria and Iran are high on the list for "proactive defense" attacks.
"War on terror" is big time corporate welfare for military/industrial contractors.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:45 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
"War on terror" is big time corporate welfare for military/industrial contractors.
All of our virtual wars are now. The government/corporates finally figured out that virtual wars can go on forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies