Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 06:42 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
It's all you urbanists that will end up in the feral poor's soup pots. I think of leftists' choices of where to live as worthy of a Darwin Award.

That kind of bad thinking is Nature's Way of Telling you....

Nature's Way by Spirit - YouTube
What do you think will happen the rural inbreds onces the "urbanists" are killed off and eaten ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Give me give me give me, if you dont, then you hate!!!

That summarizes your postings pretty much,
Nah that's the whiney little women that compromise the republican party nowadays. You know the near 5 year long temper tantrum about the black guy in office.

Quote:
Tell me what qualification changes are being made to affect those individuals to make sure they dont receive them anymore
when you cut benefits that generally means less money, when you have less money that means you end up being much more selective about who you give the money to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
There was a time when there were no food stamps either. Families took care of each other. They grew their own vegetables and ate lots of potato soup. Unfortunately, many in society now expect that everything be given to them.

We've had this ongoing discussion on another thread that went 37 pages. Why do we continue to rehash it?

And people do care about the poor - that's why children now get breakfast in school if they're low income, there are food pantries run by churches and organizations, ( I just gave 2 bags of nonperishables to the Boy Scouts Food Drive - the Post Office also had one not long ago ), and there are also food kitchens - I buy extra turkeys at the holidays to be used when we work the kitchen at the holiday meals. What people don't care about is what the SNAP program has become.

I think you'll see that most who question the program are not well off conservatives who own businesses or "rednecks" but hardworking individuals that get up everyday and go to work only to be disillusioned when they get their paychecks at how much is taken out to "help" the supposed poor - when they themselves see their household budget's tighten with no relief for themselves.
Tell me do you "hardworking conservative" ever complain when your tax money gets squandered on giving the wealthy subsidies ? Do you Mr. HardWorking conservative ever complain when your money gets wasted going to war ? There was also a time when we had the elderly dying because they had no money, there was a time when children worked in factories and to go to college was only for the well off, there was a time a black man/woman could be killed or arrested for eating at the same counter as a white person. Free school lunches are pretty much meaningless especially when school is out during the summer. Also Unless your donating half a million dollars to a charity or buying a dump truck worth of food how do you know your donations are actually helping anyone ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
The taxpayers, who get raped to pay for the parasites, are the ones who should get together and put the burdens of society into the ground.
Funny many of those tax payers you would consider parasites so you really just want them to kill themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Street maintenance is city or maybe county taxes. Same for police. Fire may be volunteer, annual subscription or city/county. SNAP is federal. Please show me in Article 1, section 8 where the federal government has the power to provide money to people to buy food? Transcript of the Constitution of the United States - Official Text

More name calling.
City or county taxes still money taken from people to help others, why is my money being used to help you ? Is everything you do strictly constitutional ?

Old 09-19-2013, 06:44 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Yes, like the "lazy" seniors in nursing homes and the "lazy" disabled in hospitals.
In the cartoon, the two groups are both capable of trick-or-treating: one is just too lazy.

You're comparing the sick and elderly to the able-bodied. You blew it on this one.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:44 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Nah that's the whiney little women that compromise the republican party nowadays. You know the near 5 year long temper tantrum about the black guy in office.
Guess that makes you a racist
Quote:
when you cut benefits that generally means less money, when you have less money that means you end up being much more selective about who you give the money to.
There is no benefits being cut, only a budget.. You know less about budgets it seems then MTA, I thought that was impossible.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:46 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
What they should do, is cut food stamps for illegals, that would save a significant amount of money. Poor citizens shouldn't have to suffer.
Why do you believe lies that are told you? Non-citizens aren't eligible for SNAP.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:49 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
In the cartoon, the two groups are both capable of trick-or-treating: one is just too lazy.

You're comparing the sick and elderly to the able-bodied. You blew it on this one.
Most of those on SNAP work, are elderly, children or disabled.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Most of those on SNAP work, are elderly, children or disabled.
Still waiting for the eligibility changes being made to validate you're hyperbold that old people will starve to death..

Old 09-19-2013, 06:54 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Why do you believe lies that are told you? Non-citizens aren't eligible for SNAP.
Judicial Watch Uncovers USDA Records Sponsoring U.S. Food Stamp Program for Illegal Aliens | Judicial Watch

Quote:
(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch today released documents detailing how the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is working with the Mexican government to promote participation by illegal aliens in the U.S. food stamp program.

The promotion of the food stamp program, now known as “SNAP” (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), includes a Spanish-language flyer provided to the Mexican Embassy by the USDA with a statement advising Mexicans in the U.S. that they do not need to declare their immigration status in order to receive financial assistance. Emphasized in bold and underlined, the statement reads, “You need not divulge information regarding your immigration status in seeking this benefit for your children.”

The documents came in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request made to USDA on July 20, 2012. The FOIA request sought: “Any and all records of communication relating to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) to Mexican Americans, Mexican nationals, and migrant communities, including but not limited to, communications with the Mexican government.”
why do you keep telling lies?

Old 09-19-2013, 06:56 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Horrible comparison buddy but nice try.
You can grow food in the ground, you can't grow a street or a police officer.
Not really, depends on where you live you try growing a garden when your surrounded by concrete.

Quote:
Guess that makes you a racist

There is no benefits being cut, only a budget.. You know less about budgets it seems then MTA, I thought that was impossible.
How so ? I'm not a whiney little republican, When you cut the budget of a federal agency it also affects the people it is trying to help. I really don't understand how you do not understand this? Aren't you some sort of constitutional scholar or are you just another CD "PRO"?

Old 09-19-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
How so ? I'm not a whiney little republican, When you cut the budget of a federal agency it also affects the people it is trying to help. I really don't understand how you do not understand this? Aren't you some sort of constitutional scholar or are you just another CD "PRO"?
no, when you cut the budget of a federal agency without changing the qualifications you end up with a deficit and a need to re-evaluate the budget..

The programs dont just stop, just like Social Security is broke but they continue to cut checks out of it..

You may not be a whiney little Republican, but you sure dont know **** about budgets... Especially considering the last paragraph of the story says no changes will be made to the budget..

FAIL.. on everything but posting hate.. typical lefty..

Old 09-19-2013, 07:08 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
If the economy is getting better, why exactly shouldnt food stamp expenses be cut exactly?
Because the economy isn't getting better.

Obama is lying and distorting when speaks about the economy - and if you believe it then you are a fool (I know you don't).

Since the "Recovery" began:

-Increasing Food Stamps to all time record levels

-Increasing Poverty Rate

-Declining Labor Participation for 25 to 54 year olds

-Declining Median Household income

-Declining rates of college grads with college degree type jobs

-Increasing QE stimulus to artificially keep the national debt serviceable, stock market afloat, and home sales up.

That doesn't mean we can't cut fraud, but Obama has not improved things for most Americans, most Americans are hurting worse than when this recession started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies