Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 11:35 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,630 times

Advertisements

Look at all the liberals in the thread doing verbal contortions to try to rationalize what this clown stated.
It's breathtaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 11:37 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Colleges who pay "professors" tenure who in turn produce this crap...which results in higher tuition.
You think college professors live beyond their means? You're kidding right?

Old 09-20-2013, 11:59 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Look at all the liberals in the thread doing verbal contortions to try to rationalize what this clown stated.
It's breathtaking.
Breathtaking? Really? Having trouble catching your breath because this guy made a pretty ubiquitous statement. Here...I'll say it and it will probably send you into a panic attack...

"Let a fanatical gun nut NRA member see his kid with his/her brains blown out due to violence caused by someone that should never have had a gun in the first place..and see how they feel."

...but as I said before, these kids of gun nuts accidentally kill themselves and others quite frequently, but it does not seem to shake the gun nut parent enough to alter their agenda anyway. No biggie.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Breathtaking? Really? Having trouble catching your breath because this guy made a pretty ubiquitous statement. Here...I'll say it and it will probably send you into a panic attack...

"Let a fanatical gun nut NRA member see his kid with his/her brains blown out due to violence caused by someone that should never have had a gun in the first place..and see how they feel."

...but as I said before, these kids of gun nuts accidentally kill themselves and others quite frequently, but it does not seem to shake the gun nut parent enough to alter their agenda anyway. No biggie.
I'd look up the word "ubiquitous" if I were you. Then again, maybe this type of parlance is indeed ubiquitous among leftist/statists.
The bottom line is that modern liberalism is a mental disorder. You folks prove it constantly.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:05 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
1. i think only 1 person read the tweet the professor sent, he isnt calling for someone to murder the sons and daughters of the NRA, he is saying the blood is on their hands and one day it could be their kids.
No. That's not what he said at all. "Next time, let it be YOUR sons and daughters. Shame on you. May God damn you.". Not that it COULD be, that he WANTS it to be their children & if his intention was unclear he proceeded to wish that God will damn all NRA members.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:14 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Again, you right wingers read into that tweet what you wanted to and that isnt going to change. The rest of your comment has nothing to do with what i posted. youare just ranting
See, the fact is, I'm not a right winger. Your assumptions drive your beliefs. Isn't that something you are supposed to be against? I mean seriously, if you can't read verbatim the words, and must reconstruct the "meaning" of a post, aren't you the one who lives in a fantasy?

People hate people, and hate has no party, no ideology, no platform. Can you stop being a liberal pundit for just a second? Stop defending idiots long enough to see the truth>>>?

Idiots are idiots... only idiots defend idiots.

Why is it that every time someone questions a liberal, they instantly become a right winger nut job? Talk about a fk'n moronic defense. What a pathetic insecure existence it must be. I could have a more enlightening discussion with the guy who argues with himself as he walks down the street, alone... every day... very fast... I've always wondered who wins those arguments.

Last edited by steven_h; 09-21-2013 at 12:26 AM..

Old 09-21-2013, 12:29 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
I'd look up the word "ubiquitous" if I were you. Then again, maybe this type of parlance is indeed ubiquitous among leftist/statists.
The bottom line is that modern liberalism is a mental disorder. You folks prove it constantly.
The audacity! The blatant audacity to pretend to care about a statement, mere words, when those on the right go into a frenzy with the mention of something as simple and common sense as background checks. Don't pretend to give a rat's butt for the life of an imaginary child that is used as an example in a for instance statement when there were flesh and blood children killed without any regard for their grief stricken parents and if that was not bad enough, many on the right were resorting to bashing the parents. Don't give me the BS phony outrage.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:53 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
See, the fact is, I'm not a right winger. Your assumptions drive your beliefs. Isn't that something you are supposed to be against? I mean seriously, if you can't read verbatim the words, and must reconstruct the "meaning" of a post, aren't you the one who lives in a fantasy?

People hate people, and hate has no party, no ideology, no platform. Can you stop being a liberal pundit for just a second? Stop defending idiots long enough to see the truth>>>?

Idiots are idiots... only idiots defend idiots.

Why is it that every time someone questions a liberal, they instantly become a right winger nut job? Talk about a fk'n moronic defense. What a pathetic insecure existence it must be. I could have a more enlightening discussion with the guy who argues with himself as he walks down the street, alone... every day... very fast... I've always wondered who wins those arguments.
My assumption didnt drive my belief, if i had called you a liberal/Progressive/Libertarian/Moderate gun enthusiast my response would be exactly the same.

by the way, the word nut does not appear in my response or any of my post.

Terminology drove your response, and it is the bases of the entire post. You basically did exactly what you accused me of.

Back to topic. He did not call for the death of anyone's child, that is an assumption you and the other right wingers( oh sorry, what ideology did you want me to call you ?LOL) on this page made.

Your argument that ideology doesnt matter while calling me a liberal pundit also defeats your purpose. just saying.

last but not least, take your own advice, do you see the word kill in his tweet ? nope. so you didnt take what he said verbatim. You reconstructed what he said to mean what you wanted.

Last edited by dsjj251; 09-21-2013 at 01:02 AM..

Old 09-21-2013, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The audacity! The blatant audacity to pretend to care about a statement, mere words, when those on the right go into a frenzy with the mention of something as simple and common sense as background checks. Don't pretend to give a rat's butt for the life of an imaginary child that is used as an example in a for instance statement when there were flesh and blood children killed without any regard for their grief stricken parents and if that was not bad enough, many on the right were resorting to bashing the parents. Don't give me the BS phony outrage.
Keep proving my point about it being a mental disorder.

Old 09-21-2013, 05:05 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Would you want him teaching your children?
It might be fun as long as the school has policies that many others schools are implementing where the teacher can not punish a student for opinions that are different than theirs.

I understand how a college would be concerned with how bad a guy like this would make them look, but I believe in second chances. As I said, require him to go to a NRA gun safety course to learn that they are not teaching people to kill little kids at those classes.

Many times people like this guy live in their insular little worlds and rather than fire him to stew in his own bitter juices a better idea is to force him out to see that people outside of his world do not go around with blood running down the corners of their mouths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies