Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 06:33 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times

Advertisements

These kids are minors - in my State the parents can be sued for all damages ..... as they should be in a case like this. The very idea of them threatening Holloway is absurd. I hope he goes the full distance and teaches them all a lesson - parents allowed these kids to run wild, some even posted that.

This sort of thing (and these flash mobs, gang violence and the like) start to hit home when the Parents or Guardians are held responsible. Enough already. These kids are getting dangerous, and are clearly out of control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 06:35 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Well, we now know why the little [pieces of excrement] are so dysfunctional. Mommy and daddy think they can do no wrong. WTF is wrong with these people? I hope they sue, lose, and are forced to pay all court costs.
I will bite...how would you know that? The kid who is in the convent got hauled by her wiseAssed younger brother into the middle of this. Did it make her vocation go away?

My daughters navigated such scenes with skill and never got in serious problems. The youngest who was good at getting into these situations almost always had an older sister flying cover and making sure it never got out of control. They might well have ended up at such a party but after a brief check they would have decided it was too much and departed. They could have gotten caught going or coming...but they would have extricated themselves once it became clear it was a bad scene.

And they would be guilty if someone got them in a picture?

Old 09-20-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
These kids are minors - in my State the parents can be sued for all damages ..... as they should be in a case like this. The very idea of them threatening Holloway is absurd. I hope he goes the full distance and teaches them all a lesson - parents allowed these kids to run wild, some even posted that.

This sort of thing (and these flash mobs, gang violence and the like) start to hit home when the Parents or Guardians are held responsible. Enough already. These kids are getting dangerous, and are clearly out of control.
In the vast majority of cases the owner would lose and likely be assessed court costs. The mere presence of your kid at an event where damage occurred does not make you liable.

If you really want to play mission impossible try and find out what actually happened at one of those.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:39 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,237,430 times
Threatening? What are they, cowards? Big bad parents need to put their money where their mouth is, or shut up. Hopefully brats will get some sort of punishment for being so stupid.

Yes, its the entitlement generation again.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:40 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
I saw him on TV. his son knows some of them and he had security cameras with callphone ability to check. he said about 20-40 thousnads in damages. . The young thugs are doing this a lot in some aaparently it appear;breaking into homes with people gone and trashing them out partying. He said the parents where mad at him for reporting this.Photos look like some in their late teens to twenties actually posing for the cameras. They need to spend some time in jail;IMO.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:49 PM

Got to admit this list still attracts the right wing...and the part of it that does not think well.

Sorry guys...even if you are 18 you do not break any laws going to a party.

And anyone who would assert this in public could very well end up with a defamation action.

No money in it...but big legal bills. Why wish that on some poor guy who just got his house trashed.

Got to take responsibility!

For what? Going to party?

Yeah right at least a year in jail...

Old 09-20-2013, 06:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
^^I don't understand why you're defending these kids.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
^^I don't understand why you're defending these kids.
Actually I am not. Some of the kids should be in law trouble and others should be in parent trouble.

What I am doing is whacking the right wing absolutists who understand this with such clarity.

Complex difficult situations which are virtually never sortable afterwards.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:06 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Got to admit this list still attracts the right wing...and the part of it that does not think well.

Sorry guys...even if you are 18 you do not break any laws going to a party.

And anyone who would assert this in public could very well end up with a defamation action.

No money in it...but big legal bills. Why wish that on some poor guy who just got his house trashed.

Got to take responsibility!

For what? Going to party?

Yeah right at least a year in jail...
What about trespassing?

[they didn't have the consent of the property owner...]

Old 09-20-2013, 07:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
There's lots and lots of kids out there with parents just like that.
And then you wonder why they are the young adults they are.

Remember..discipline is child abuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies