Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 06:08 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,166,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
The stupidity here is astounding! Did you hear about this?

Ex-NFL star Brian Holloway may be sued by parents of teens who allegedly trashed his upstate NY home - NY Daily News

In a nutshell:

1. ex-football player sees pics of teens partying in his vacation home on twitter, he thinks it is a joke
2. more pics surface, and it is clear teens broke in, destroyed his stuff and posted the party pics on twitter (drugs, drinking, vandalism)
3. Holloway does a recognisance mission on the teens with the offending pics to build his case. 300 people were at the party.
4. Holloway tells parents/teens he won't press charges, but they should chip in to pay for damages
5. parents of offending teens threaten to sue

What the heck? Your kids broke in and caused the damage, how is it Holloway's fault?
He needs to call the police, and have every single on of the felons arrested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 07:23 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post

These things are never so simple.
Actually it is, you don't accept any excuses and hand them a mop and scrub brush and take them to the guys house to help him clean it. Even if they had no clue what was going on which I would find hard to believe at the very least it's a lesson in making responsible decisions.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:23 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Got to admit this list still attracts the right wing...and the part of it that does not think well.

Sorry guys...even if you are 18 you do not break any laws going to a party.

And anyone who would assert this in public could very well end up with a defamation action.

No money in it...but big legal bills. Why wish that on some poor guy who just got his house trashed.

Got to take responsibility!

For what? Going to party?

Yeah right at least a year in jail...
Uh; I DoN'T see a "Dem" or a "Repub" here; I do see some punk "kids" and everyone on this thread is down on them. Sheesh!

Old 09-21-2013, 07:32 AM

955 posts, read 744,630 times
Too bad he didn't walk in on them . He could have blown away as many as he wanted to.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:32 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Got to admit this list still attracts the right wing...and the part of it that does not think well.

Sorry guys...even if you are 18 you do not break any laws going to a party.

And anyone who would assert this in public could very well end up with a defamation action.

No money in it...but big legal bills. Why wish that on some poor guy who just got his house trashed.

Got to take responsibility!

For what? Going to party?

Yeah right at least a year in jail...
I would be willing to bet that the vast, vast majority of these kids knew they were trespassing, at least. Now they could go to court and lie, and it would be hard to prove (that they are lying), but still. I don't know NY law, but IIRC (my kids are older now), in Colorado everyone underage can be ticketed at one of these drinking parties.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:43 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
You've made your points re your opinion of CD's dull-witted absolutists who aren't sophisticated enough to undestand the nuances of the story.

That said, what do you think tolerant, openminded, non-rightwingers think about the actions of the party attendees and their loving, attentive parents?

Me, I'm with the knuckle draggers who would like to see the party goers and their parents get their ass kicked. Physically and legally.
Knuckle dragger "libs" now? Tho I know where you're coming from.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:47 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,071 times
Omg, lets see the parents were not concerned that their kids were tweeting pics from a party where underage drinking was occurring, in a house in which they were trespassers, but they are outraged that he put their names on a website? #pleasepresscharges

Old 09-21-2013, 07:48 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
I guess this about says it all if your concern is about them not knowing:

Old 09-21-2013, 09:35 AM

973 posts, read 1,452,873 times
This must be that New Age Parenting. Screw that! Stick to old school.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:53 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,194 times
Holloway flew to NY on the 19th and requested that the kids come to his house at 3:00 to help clean up the damage. Only one kid and one parent bothered to show up.
He gave them a chance, now he should request charges filed against every kid who attended the party except that one.
I know he wants to save them, but these kids and their parents don't want to be saved. They weren't even willing to help clean up the mess. Press charges and if it screws up their college plans, tough luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies