Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 10:23 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Remember when Obama and his cohorts were telling us that there were ZERO new taxes in Obamacare? (This was at the same time Nancy Pelosi was telling us we had to pass it in order to find out what was in it.)

Suckers.

-------------------------------------

Money Morning

The Hidden Obamacare Taxes That Will Crush The Middle Class

By Money Morning Staff Reports

Get ready to be blindsided by a barrage of new taxes. $1 trillion worth...

They'll be coming courtesy of the Affordable Care Act, otherwise known as Obamacare. And they won't just be affecting those who make over $250,000. The bulk of these taxes will be passed on directly to the middle class.

That's because while a majority of these "stealth taxes" were designed to be taxes on businesses, they're actually transferred directly to ordinary citizens. They include the investment income surtax, a Medicare payroll tax, even a "tanning tax" on those who utilize indoor tanning services.

"Many of those [hidden] taxes, especially those on hospitals, insurers and medical device manufacturers, will ultimately be passed on to the consumer through higher health costs," said Michael Tanner an expert on the healthcare law. In fact, analysts estimate Obamacare will cost the average taxpayer nearly $6,000 in extra taxes as early as next year.
How can there be taxes in Obamacare? I was told that the law was going to increase our debt. If there is a trillion dollars of new taxes in Obamacare, does that mean the people claiming that the law will increase our debt were wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 10:28 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
And now the facts:

ObamaCare Tax: Full List of ObamaCare Taxes

Even before OC, those of us with insurance for decades have watched our premiums go up, our initial deductible go up, our co-payment percentage go up and our benefits go down. But watching in 2013 compared to previous years with all these raises the procedures, medical devices and medications fees charged by providers have actually dropped in price. One medical device I use cost me about $30 each time I ordered it in 2012. Each time I've ordered it in 2013 its been $14.

Last edited by Pruzhany; 09-24-2013 at 11:04 AM..

Old 09-24-2013, 10:38 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
Until a new President can begin enacting taxes on all things leftist, the thing to do is give as little to the government as possible. Tics can only feed if there is a host.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:52 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
2018 the excise tax on so called Cadillac plans unions are so upset with now they have read the bill.
Its a well deserved tax, anyone in a NYC Union knows they have better medical coverage than the President of the US. It should be called the Lamborghini Tax. My father was a retired blue collar Union worker and I wish I had his secondary insurance supplied by the Union. First of all he didn't have to pay for a secondary after retirement. to give you one example: he got sick and the union supplied 24 hour home nursing care for close to a year. Back then that was $500 a day. And who has to pay this money to the unions? Employer contracts. And while that money sits in Union bank accounts, who gains on the interest paid on it? Unions.

Just look at the NYC forum and the amount of threads related to NYC city jobs. The pay is pretty high but is nothing compared to the benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies