Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 01:20 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
That must be why the terrorists let all the Muslims go before firing upon all the foreign non-muslims ..... because religion has nothing to do with it.
The progs just parrot their canned lines without any deep thought.

Old 09-22-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Some use religion to rationalize terrorism.
Some use ideology to ignore reality.

Old 09-22-2013, 01:25 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
who is Al-Shabaab? That same kind that we are sending weapons to in Syria.

Mohamed Siad Barre in 1991 plunged the Horn of Africa nation into anarchy, allowing al Shabaab, which means "Youth" or "Boys" in Arabic, to seize control of large areas of south and central Somalia.
- Al Shabaab's militia was part of Somalia's Islamic Courts Union movement that pushed U.S.-backed warlords out of the capital Mogadishu in June 2006 and ruled for six months before Somali and Ethiopian forces ousted the movement.

- Five years on, in August 2011, al Shabaab began pulling its fighters out of Mogadishu. In September 2012, African peacekeepers pushed the group out of the port of Kismayu.

- Although the rebels have still struck back repeatedly with bombs and attacks, their retreat from Mogadishu and Kismayu signaled they could not defeat militarily a government backed by foreign firepower. Ethiopian, Kenyan and African peacekeeping (AMISOM) troops have advanced and taken rebel strongholds.

- Al Qaeda said in early 2012 that al Shabaab had joined its ranks and the group has resorted to guerrilla-style hit-and-run attacks against AMISOM troops. At least 3,000 African peacekeepers have been killed in Somalia since 2007, the United Nations says.
Factbox: Al Shabaab retaliates in Kenya for army offensives in Somalia | Reuters

They would call themselves freedom fighters.
They should just call themselves "Rebels" and then we could send them some weapons, advisers & give them air support.

Old 09-22-2013, 01:30 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
They should just call themselves "Rebels" and then we could send them some weapons, advisers & give them air support.
Exactly! I bet Kenyans are angry with Israel, turns out they knew this was a target.

The Israeli-owned mall was well aware of the security warnings and had precautions similar to an airport; cars are checked with mirrors for bombs and pedestrians are frisked. Michael, one of the 40 or so private security guards, was in the parking lot that faces the mall. He described feeling helpless, adding: "We tried to help as many people as possible but I'm not going back in there. I don't have a gun and they have so many. I have a family to think about."
Kenyan mall shooting: 'They threw grenades like maize to chickens' | World news | The Observer

Old 09-22-2013, 01:31 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
CNN just reported that three of the terrorists are from the US.
Diversity is grand! This is the thanks we get for Minnesota welcoming all those Somalian refugees-

FBI: Al-Shabaab Released Video To Recruit Minn. Men For Jihad « CBS Minnesota

Old 09-22-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Diversity is grand! This is the thanks we get for Minnesota welcoming all those Somalian refugees-

FBI: Al-Shabaab Released Video To Recruit Minn. Men For Jihad « CBS Minnesota
I bet they're still resettling "refugees" there.

Old 09-22-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Exactly! I bet Kenyans are angry with Israel, turns out they knew this was a target.

The Israeli-owned mall was well aware of the security warnings and had precautions similar to an airport; cars are checked with mirrors for bombs and pedestrians are frisked. Michael, one of the 40 or so private security guards, was in the parking lot that faces the mall. He described feeling helpless, adding: "We tried to help as many people as possible but I'm not going back in there. I don't have a gun and they have so many. I have a family to think about."
Kenyan mall shooting: 'They threw grenades like maize to chickens' | World news | The Observer
Blame the Jew? I mean really just because you have warnings doesn't mean you can prevent an attack. I understand IDF soldiers are involved in retaking the hotel.

Old 09-22-2013, 01:40 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Isn't Islam supposed to be the religion of peace???

The article I read, the attackers were shouting that Muslims were safe and could leave unharmed.

I just love that ****ing twisted logic that seems to run rampant in all religions.....
One of these days the US populace will figure out who the enemy is ...despite political correctness.

Old 09-22-2013, 01:52 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Blame the Jew? I mean really just because you have warnings doesn't mean you can prevent an attack. I understand IDF soldiers are involved in retaking the hotel.
It's not the Jews, it's the Zionists that run that country - the Jews are just a tool.

Old 09-22-2013, 01:56 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
They did that to one person. okay.

The attacks on 9/11/01 targeted people from many walks of life.

That's probably the case with this attack. I wonder what they'll do if the find out they accidentally killed a Muslim brother or sister?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies