Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 11:38 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa
22 people killed in attack at upscale mall in Kenya
Very sad......

Old 09-21-2013, 11:46 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Yet another reason we should ban islam and issue a moratorium on grating visas to muslims.
Only if we do the same with christians.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:51 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,716,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Only if we do the same with christians.
There must be an echo in here.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:08 PM

769 posts, read 1,006,970 times
Extremism is dangerous in any way, shape, or form. My heart goes out to all those affected by this horrible tragedy.

However, the problem is with Islamic extremists, not all Muslims as a whole. The overwhelming majority of Muslims around the world disagree with these radical and sick extremists just as much as everyone else does. It's so sad that this minority of lunatics twist and misconstrue things to fit their own extremist agendas, and consequentially, paint all Muslims in a bad light.

However, how some people can blame "all Muslims" (you know, all 1 billion plus of them ) is simply beyond me. Such statements portray their posters to be ignorant, uneducated, and just plain stupid.

P.S. I've been to quite a few Muslim countries, have Muslim friends (from places ranging from Nigeria, to Pakistan, to Malaysia), and have a pretty good knowledge of Islam; so please some of you, engage brain before utilizing mouth. I'm not going to respond to idiocy and paranoia.

Last edited by CityLover9; 09-21-2013 at 12:22 PM..

Old 09-21-2013, 12:15 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
Extremism is dangerous in any way, shape, or form. My heart goes out to all those affected by this horrible tragedy.

However, the problem is with Islamic extremists, not all Muslims as a whole. The overwhelming majority of Muslims around the world disagree with these radical and sick extremists just as much as everyone else does. It's so sad that this minority of lunatics twist and misconstrue things to fit their own extremist agendas, and consequentially, paint all Muslims in a bad light.

However, how some people can blame "all Muslims" (you know, all 1 billion plus of them ) is simply beyond me. Such statements portray their posters to be ignorant, uneducated, and just plain stupid.

P.S. I've been to quite a few Muslim countries, have Muslim friends (from places ranging from Nigeria, to Pakistan, to Malaysia), and have a pretty good knowledge of Islam; so please some of you, engage brain before utilizing mouth.
Some minority with them running rampant in most ME countries and now moving into Africa.
Some minority when our own government can't stomp on our rights quick enough to keep track of them.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:28 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post

P.S. I've been to quite a few Muslim countries, have Muslim friends (from places ranging from Nigeria, to Pakistan, to Malaysia), and have a pretty good knowledge of Islam; so please some of you, engage brain before utilizing mouth.
I generally think and feel the way you do, and I don't like to generalize and try and see the individual. That being said, I find some of the tenets of Islam to be on the scary side, I don't want to come off as some Internet wack job posting about the evils of Islam, but there are a few things to be concerned with, some of the sharia law stuff doesn't bode well either. The way the Islam integrates Islam into all facets of life, without that separate of church and state isn't a great thing either, in my humble opinion of course.

I mean, to each their own, I just find things in the Quran like the convert, die or live as a second class citizen stuff to be quite offensive.

I get that the average Muslim on the street isn't a wild-eyed insane terrorist, I don't think anyone with a brain in their heads thinks that.

It just gives me pause.....

Old 09-21-2013, 12:46 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I generally think and feel the way you do, and I don't like to generalize and try and see the individual. That being said, I find some of the tenets of Islam to be on the scary side, I don't want to come off as some Internet wack job posting about the evils of Islam, but there are a few things to be concerned with, some of the sharia law stuff doesn't bode well either. The way the Islam integrates Islam into all facets of life, without that separate of church and state isn't a great thing either, in my humble opinion of course.

I mean, to each their own, I just find things in the Quran like the convert, die or live as a second class citizen stuff to be quite offensive.

I get that the average Muslim on the street isn't a wild-eyed insane terrorist, I don't think anyone with a brain in their heads thinks that.

It just gives me pause.....
Unless we can come up with a way to separate them, we need to ban them all from our lands. People go around worrying about Mexicans, when Muslim immigrants are the smoldering fire. Mexicans demand access to jobs and education, while the Muslims go around murdering people.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:46 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
The last I heard the terrorists were still out there, so they might have killed more. Initially the number was 22, and then 11, and now CNN is saying 30 dead.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:49 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Isn't Islam supposed to be the religion of peace???

Sure sounds good doesnt it? problem is the people practicing Islam are fighting and killing in just about every place they happen to be..

Old 09-21-2013, 12:59 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Apparently this is Al Shabab (linked to Al Qaeda) taking retaliation on Kenya's military intervention in Somalia.

http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2013...tack%E2%80%8E/

NAIROBI, Sep 21 – Somalia’s Al-Qaeda-linked Shabaab rebels on Saturday claimed responsibility for an attack on a shopping mall in Nairobi, saying on Twitter it was in retaliation for Kenya’s military intervention in Somalia.

“The Mujahideen entered #Westgate Mall today at around noon and are still inside the mall, fighting the #Kenyan Kuffar (infidels) inside their own turf,” the Islamist militants said on Twitter.
“What Kenyans are witnessing at #Westgate is retributive justice for crimes committed by their military,” the group said.
Shabaab claimed that its fighters had killed 100 people in the attack.
The Kenyan Red Cross has said 30 people have been confirmed killed and 60 wounded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies