Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 02:41 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,736,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You really believe this is about saving money? This is about control and bribing you and your employer into compliance or they take away your God given right to earn a living. That is wrong. I assume you never bothered to even look at the opening post. See anything fishy?

The CDC says:
The nasal spray (also called LAIV or FluMist®): The viruses in the nasal-spray vaccine are weakened and do not cause severe symptoms often associated with influenza illness. (In clinical studies, transmission of vaccine viruses to close contacts has occurred only rarely.)
In children, side effects from LAIV (FluMist®) can include:
  • runny nose
  • wheezing
  • headache
  • vomiting
  • muscle aches
  • fever
In adults, side effects from LAIV (FluMist®) can include:
Now think! What are the symptoms of the flu??? The side effects can get much worse, and tend to multiply among those vaccinated as opposed to the un-vaccinated. Have they done those studies? No. Why not? Because they know what the results would show. It's easier to just discredit those that have looked at those stats, as outside of the consensus. Control the information, control opinion, you control the populace.
I suggest the best course of action is to think for yourselves and make an informed decision, while the information is still available. Internet censorship is just around the corner.
You want to be a guinea pig, have at it, but don't force others to comply with this insanity.
Yes, those side effects. Big deal. Contrast that with the Spanish flu that wiped out 3% of the population of the planet. Sorry, time to take the tin foil hat off and use your brain.

There's a reason why physicians, those people who are far more educated than you, get vaccinated and have their friends do the same thing. There's also a reason why large companies offer free vaccinations to their staff.

There's that and then there's the emotional stupid anti-vaccine opinions that permeate the tin foil hat wearing, conspiracy theorist trailer park types.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 02:48 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Vaccinations are the most cost effective method to keep healthcare cost down. Anyone who is against vaccinations should Google images of smallpox and then tell me why you think the smallpox vaccination program was a bad thing!

Old 09-22-2013, 03:47 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
You need rephrase that: who apparently lets ideology trump statistics.

Which, is all well and good, unless you happen to be on the wrong side of the statistic.

I can see your point, however, for a healthcare worker (hospitals, doctors, etc). That's a special situation, though. In a general setting, the dynamics are totally different.
Food Service Workers, as well.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:04 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
You need rephrase that: who apparently lets ideology trump statistics.

Which, is all well and good, unless you happen to be on the wrong side of the statistic.

I can see your point, however, for a healthcare worker (hospitals, doctors, etc). That's a special situation, though. In a general setting, the dynamics are totally different.
It is recommended that all kids get immunized against flu b/c they are an important reservoir of the disease, especially in school.

Quote:
No, it wasn't flu symptoms that resulted. At least nothing that would normally be associated with the flu.
Then your problems probably weren't from the flu shot.

Quote:
You really believe this is about saving money? This is about control and bribing you and your employer into compliance or they take away your God given right to earn a living. That is wrong. I assume you never bothered to even look at the opening post. See anything fishy?

The CDC says:
The nasal spray (also called LAIV or FluMist®): The viruses in the nasal-spray vaccine are weakened and do not cause severe symptoms often associated with influenza illness. (In clinical studies, transmission of vaccine viruses to close contacts has occurred only rarely.)
In children, side effects from LAIV (FluMist®) can include:
  • runny nose
  • wheezing
  • headache
  • vomiting
  • muscle aches
  • fever
In adults, side effects from LAIV (FluMist®) can include:
Now think! What are the symptoms of the flu??? The side effects can get much worse, and tend to multiply among those vaccinated as opposed to the un-vaccinated. Have they done those studies? No. Why not? Because they know what the results would show. It's easier to just discredit those that have looked at those stats, as outside of the consensus. Control the information, control opinion, you control the populace.
I suggest the best course of action is to think for yourselves and make an informed decision, while the information is still available. Internet censorship is just around the corner.
You want to be a guinea pig, have at it, but don't force others to comply with this insanity.
Vaccine Types | Immunize for Good
**Serious problems from influenza vaccine are very rare. In a study of more than 250,000 children under age 18, the investigators did not identify risk for any clinically important serious reactions from the inactivated (shot) influenza vaccine. The viruses in the nasal spray vaccine have been greatly weakened, and the viruses in the influenza shot have been killed, so you cannot get influenza from these vaccines.**

Working in a peds office as I do, I can tell you we rarely get calls about side effects from flu vaccine. I don't think I've ever fielded one in 9 years.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:53 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Private hospitals are not exempt from intrusion of gov't, by any means, plus they need IRS cooperation to operate. Nothing in this country functions without permission and oversight of this cabal.
Do it their way, or don't do it at all.
Oh you're kidding me. Right? There is no federal mandate for private hospitals to forcibly vaccinate their staff. My local hospital chain here voluntarily makes their staff vaccine or risk termination. No law in PA or my county says hospitals MUST do this, rather, they are encouraged. Big, huge difference. Nobody cannot force you to take vaccines anyway, as you can opt-out of the private requirement. Please, dispense with the paranoia. You listen to Alex Jones way too much. I've put up with him for 3 years before I had enough of his exaggerated BS

Old 09-22-2013, 05:09 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz
Sounds like you were exposed to the flu before you got the shot.
You can get the flu FROM THE SHOT!!!! (You can get it from someone else who JUST HAD THAT CRAP PUT INTO THEM!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC
The one time I was "forced" to get a flu shot, I was sick as a goat for a week in ways I'd never felt before or since--way worse than any flu I've had over the years. I've not since had, nor will I ever get, another flu shot.
Im sorry you went thru that and Im glad you have woken

Old 09-22-2013, 05:14 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Oh you're kidding me. Right? There is no federal mandate for private hospitals to forcibly vaccinate their staff. My local hospital chain here voluntarily makes their staff vaccine or risk termination. No law in PA or my county says hospitals MUST do this, rather, they are encouraged. Big, huge difference. Nobody cannot force you to take vaccines anyway, as you can opt-out of the private requirement. Please, dispense with the paranoia. You listen to Alex Jones way too much. I've put up with him for 3 years before I had enough of his exaggerated BS
This is about bribing hospitals by witholding funds if they do not get 75% compliance of personnel being vaccinated. Why not make it 100% compliance? I'd like to know who are getting waivers - probably doctors and nurses that know the inherent dangers
Are you going to allow visitors to these hospitals? If so, does that make any sense?

I would like to see a minimum of 75% compliance from our politicians to any of the laws they pass for the rest of us, starting with this Obamanation of sick care.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:17 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:

You can get the flu FROM THE SHOT!!!!

(You can get it from someone else who

JUST HAD THAT CRAP PUT INTO THEM!)

No, you can't.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
You can get the flu FROM THE SHOT!!!! (You can get it from someone else who JUST HAD THAT CRAP PUT INTO THEM!)

Im sorry you went thru that and Im glad you have woken
To reiterate, no you can't. The viruses are KILLED!

Old 09-22-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
This is about bribing hospitals by witholding funds if they do not get 75% compliance of personnel being vaccinated. Why not make it 100% compliance? I'd like to know who are getting waivers - probably doctors and nurses that know the inherent dangers
Are you going to allow visitors to these hospitals? If so, does that make any sense?

I would like to see a minimum of 75% compliance from our politicians to any of the laws they pass for the rest of us, starting with this Obamanation of sick care.
Actually, two seasons ago, 86% of doctors and 80% of nurses got flu immunizations.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/28/op...ated.html?_r=0

Why are you all whipped up about what's going on in the UK, anyway, and generalizing it to what the policy is in US hospitals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies