Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2013, 11:34 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Liberals, Why do you oppose securing the Southern Border?

I mean with violence in Mexico getting worse, and with Islamic Terrorist reportedly inside Mexico(and possibly if not probably already here)

https://www.google.com/search?q=illt...rorists+mexico

Millions of Americans out of work or underemployed, many if not all who don't want to have their wages suppressed or compete for the few part time jobs that are being created.

American cities Going bankrupt do to paying for service for illegals, who don't pay property taxes.

And Cartel violence spilling over to our side of the border.

With all of these reasons, Liberals why do you oppose securing the Southern Border? Why do you oppose a fence border on the Southern Border?
Because they hate this country more than they love their own children.
They'd rather see the USA morph into a rats nest so they can tell the right "I told you so."

Old 09-22-2013, 11:36 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,182 times
Its called compromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
So Reagan sold out his principles to get what he wanted. He obviously had no problem passing it, doesn't matter if it was liberal or not, he passed it.

This is the guy you admire???

Old 09-22-2013, 03:28 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Because they hate this country more than they love their own children.
They'd rather see the USA morph into a rats nest so they can tell the right "I told you so."
Who is they? The far right wing? Or are you talking about people who have a different opinion and point of view from you? God forbid people have different points of view in this country.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:12 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
More illegals have been deported under Obama than Bush or any other President. Matter of fact we have hospitals in this country flying illegals deep into Mexico who don't have insurance. I kind of wonder if the problem is as great as some people seem to think it is. A lot of the illegals have ended up in heavy Republican state doing food processing like chickens and pork. How does one explain for example that Tucson has lost 13,000 students in their schools in the last 10 years. If illegals were a problem wouldn't they be filling a vacuum.?
Reagan promised to get tough on employers of illegal workers and secure our borders and did nothing. In the 30 years since then , regardless of who sat the oval or held the majority, nothing short of the Great Recession made a difference.

Small business employs illegal workers. Getting tough means a war on/with small business.

Can't have that, now can we?

Old 09-22-2013, 04:32 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
Right wingers - why are you so afraid of everything all the time (or at least when there isn't a republican in office)?
So you are not worried about a unsecured southern border, and who is coming across, and what they are bring with them?

how can anyone be this dumb? we are not afraid, we are awake..take it easy on the Kool aid..

Old 09-22-2013, 04:34 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I believe if you ran a poll, the majority of Americans would come out in support of securing our borders. Where you would find a difference is in how we should deal with the current undocumented population. Libs seem to believe the nation has unlimited wealth, and we can support a continued onslaught of migrant labor, which drives down the wages for the working class. Many also believe these migrant laborers should be entitled to benefits designed for citizens such as food subsidies, free medical care, free education, etc.

What libs ignore is they are encouraging further migration of undocumented migrants, particularly those with children, or those planning to have children. America just offers them a better deal, and so long as they can get away with stealing what is not theirs, they will continue migrating here.

Some may claim that republicans love cheap, undocumented labor, but the reality is, many industries are overrun with them. These cheap laborers have effectively destroyed the wage structure to the point that you cannot run a business of these types without having access to undocumented workers who will accept peanuts (with additional subsidies from the state or federal government). Try running a meat processing plant profitably while hiring American workers. This issue goes far beyond republican or democratic party tendencies.

Of course, you also have the argument for or against amnesty. Libs seem to ignore that Amnesty 1 came with a promise of securing our southern border. That promise went unfulfilled, hence, republicans are putting their foot down. Libs can cry about it all they want, but rewarding undesirable behavior simply encourages more undesirable behavior. I can't imagine what type of children these folk raise. Actually, I live next to a public school, so I have a pretty good idea... This country is in trouble.
I agree with much of what you say with the exception of making it partisan.

The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 was bipartisan. Regardless of who sat the oval or held the majority then or in the almost 30 years since then, there was no serious interest enforcing the law. They all kicked the can into the future and that's as bipartisan as it gets.

Millions arrive in the U.S. on tourist visas, each year. Many become illegal workers. Some stay. Some return home and return the following year. And not all of them are Hispanic.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Who is they? The far right wing? Or are you talking about people who have a different opinion and point of view from you? God forbid people have different points of view in this country.
your views are different but they are wrong, proven failures, and destructive to this nation....

You are the person at hadley's hope on lv-426 who wants to go inside the derelict ship.....

Old 09-22-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I agree with much of what you say with the exception of making it partisan.

The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 was bipartisan. Regardless of who sat the oval or held the majority then or in the almost 30 years since then, there was no serious interest enforcing the law. They all kicked the can into the future and that's as bipartisan as it gets.

Millions arrive in the U.S. on tourist visas, each year. Many become illegal workers. Some stay. Some return home and return the following year. And not all of them are Hispanic.
yeah because ted Kennedy and the leftist gutted the enforcement provisions..

Old 09-22-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Reagan passing amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants is the fault of liberals?????

Stupidest argument I've heard all morning
it was passed with the enforcement provisions, but they were taken out, google it..I dont care about the opinions of a leftest...

Old 09-22-2013, 04:41 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,044,413 times
Because they heard from obama and his leg humpers in the media that it's racist to expect border security.

Bleating Sheep - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies