Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 01:51 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
United Nations report released to the world community on Monday.
your source has already been debunked in a thread run here last week as having no basis in fact.
"no basis in fact" doesn't mean **** to Wingers, in case you haven't noticed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 02:15 PM

1,013 posts, read 910,213 times
here found some news for people that refuse to see Al Queda terrorists as the enemy.

more recently sept 18 2013
Russia says it has evidence of chemical weapons use by Syrian rebels - latimes.com

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...curity-council

seems RUSSIA will present some evidence to the UN.

PS in this case I have to agree with RUSSIA on this one as far as COMMON SENSE GOES.
strategically ASSAD IS STUPID to use them at that point in time especially.

all logic points to the rebels and in this case very likely the Al Queda portion of the rebels. unless the regulars are turning into Al Quedas themselves.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:21 PM

also here
are the reported death counts

Most Reported Deaths in Syria Have Not Been Committed by Assad Forces « Antiwar.com Blog

civilians 40146

rebels 21850

pro-regime 45469
army soldiers 26745
pro-government militia 17824

members of Hezbollah 171
unidentified 2726

total 110371

PS some commentators say that there was a polling done that indicated most of the civilians prefer Assad over the rebels
now this doesn't make Assad good of course but come on here

too bad people.
therefore if we conclude this the rebels are the real terrorists and should be bombed in this instance but I will not vote to intervene.

sorry we are supporting terrorism we must stop supporting our enemies the Al Queda and trial the traitors in the government for treason.
whomever supported Al Queda in any shape or form these past 12 years shall be executed/jailed and have their wealth seized

Old 09-22-2013, 02:44 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
The UN investigation has confirmed that someone in the Assad Military chain of command ordered the strike. The chemical munitions used were soviet marked and were military grade weapons and not some kitchen table mix cooked up by rebels. I've seen photos of the actual canisters with the Cyrillic markings and the remnants of the military grade rockets at the site of the gassing.
I'm sure Assad was duly horrified when he found out about the attack and had the person who ordered it immediately taken out back and shot in the back of the head. He didn't need this to win the civil war as the rebels were back on their heels and ultimately, it cost him dearly. The soviets stepped in and demanded his weapons be removed for two reasons. Number 1, they are soviet built munitions and number two, the soviets are afraid that some will fall into terrorist's hands and with the chronic Chechnya problem and all that, they can't have all their chemical munitions wandering around the middle east or in the hands of groups who would use them against them. It would be the downfall of Putin if soviet gas munitions were used by terrorists against Russians.

The actual truth pi$$es off the right wing conservative here in America as they desperately hoped the chemicals were of American origin and set off by the rebels so they could attack our president with the issue and perhaps start a drive to impeach, but no such luck for them.
Nice story, but the truth is that the rebels used these weapons. Some of the films were even staged for effect, with the same children being moved from one location to another. They were not military grade either.
Did you miss the youtube with a rebel demonstrating the gas on a rabbit?
Putin knows the truth, that's why he submitted a thorough 100 page report to the UN, who then turned around and lied about the findings. The UN is under pressure to blame Assad, and that they did. Now we deal with it. The question is, who is going to bear the cost for destroying these weapons? Who can be trusted with that task, which is expensive? What's to keep somebody from just making some more?

What should happen is a global ban on all chemical weapons, period.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:52 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Nice story, but the truth is that the rebels used these weapons. Some of the films were even staged for effect, with the same children being moved from one location to another. They were not military grade either.
Did you miss the youtube with a rebel demonstrating the gas on a rabbit?
Putin knows the truth, that's why he submitted a thorough 100 page report to the UN, who then turned around and lied about the findings. The UN is under pressure to blame Assad, and that they did. Now we deal with it. The question is, who is going to bear the cost for destroying these weapons? Who can be trusted with that task, which is expensive? What's to keep somebody from just making some more?

What should happen is a global ban on all chemical weapons, period.

I can agree with that

Someone in the Syrian military chain of command pulled the trigger on a battery of Russian made Syrian Chemical weapons and fired it into a position that was heavily defended by The Free Syrian Army southwest of Damascus. Many civilians and children were also affected as one would imagine with this sort of attack. The action was right out of a Dr. Strangelove movie. A loose cannon or a confused commander set off the events. The military radio traffic right after the incident reflected surprise and shock in the Syrian chain of command that the gas had been launched.

The Obama administration is NOT supplying weapons or finances to forces of Al Qaeda in Iraq. Now or previously.

As far as your other reasonable questions as to how the situation will be dealt with going forward, I'm sure there will be hurdles but you have to admit, it's worth a try?

Old 09-22-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
I can agree with that

Someone in the Syrian military chain of command pulled the trigger on a battery of Russian made Syrian Chemical weapons and fired it into a position that was heavily defended by The Free Syrian Army southwest of Damascus. Many civilians and children were also affected as one would imagine with this sort of attack. The action was right out of a Dr. Strangelove movie. A loose cannon or a confused commander set off the events. The military radio traffic right after the incident reflected surprise and shock in the Syrian chain of command that the gas had been launched.

The Obama administration is NOT supplying weapons or finances to forces of Al Qaeda in Iraq. Now or previously.

As far as your other reasonable questions as to how the situation will be dealt with going forward, I'm sure there will be hurdles but you have to admit, it's worth a try?

really now? how can you vouch for that, with a straight face when Al Qaeda is seen with our weapons already many times.

so yes they say they are FSA and then we provide them arms then they go ahead to join Al Qaeda.
wow way to go.
how do you know? hmm?

so now by your admission it was not Assad that ordered it but someone confused in the military that shot it? ahem we have evidence that rebel forces have been seen with chemical weapons as well. both sides are just as bad.

LEAVE THE AREA and let them kill themselves we need not get involved.
the most you can do as HUMAN BEINGS is not bomb them but let the people become refugees in camps until the war is over.
no military aid shall be provided.

those terrorists and governments can duke it out all they want.
those that want peace can leave the region then.

and people are still so sheepish in defending traitorous acts
as to the fact that we are training Al Qaeda and supplying arms to them.
geez.

talk about normalcy bias. is truth so hard to swallow that this government is corrupt to the core?

Bengazhi? anyone?
fast and furious? Eric holder?
Obama nomination of Larry Summers? REALLY NOW?
2000+ pages of loop holes in health care bill? seriously everyone knows they let themselves out with that 2000 page bill full of loop holes for themselves ONLY.

I never supported Bush BTW
this admin is 10x more corrupt than Bush admin is right now.

We all know Obama is a puppet but could they be even more obvious about it?
SORRY ONLY BLIND FOOLS CANNOT SEE WHAT IS GOING ON.

This is beyond ridiculous now.

if OBAMA wants to redeem himself then crush the Al Qaeda right now then help the FSA by letting them escape into refugee camps.
not by supplying arms.

Left wing want to champion themselves as peace lovers right I spit on that.
Both Right and Left are war mongers.

I am an Independent btw I am neither of you as I try to think for myself.

Last edited by gen811; 09-22-2013 at 08:07 PM..

Old 09-22-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
I can agree with that

PS READ THIS.

IF HE WAS NOT SUPPLYING TERRORISTS WHY would OBAMA need to WAIVE the LAW of SUPPLYING WEAPONS AND AID to terrorists?

UPDATED: Obama waives ban on arming terrorists to allow aid to Syrian opposition | WashingtonExaminer.com

there is more please google it.

so well anything else to SAY? or do you admit he is a TRAITOR?
now he is knowingly and outright doing so.
his puppet master must really want to test how far they can go before we impeach him and find his puppet master.

also read the comments everyone agrees from both sides they committed treason.
glad more people are waking up to the truth

Last edited by gen811; 09-22-2013 at 08:18 PM..

Old 09-22-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
PS READ THIS.

IF HE WAS NOT SUPPLYING TERRORISTS WHY would OBAMA need to WAIVE the LAW of SUPPLYING WEAPONS AND AID to terrorists?

UPDATED: Obama waives ban on arming terrorists to allow aid to Syrian opposition | WashingtonExaminer.com

there is more please google it.

so well anything else to SAY? or do you admit he is a TRAITOR?
now he is knowingly and outright doing so.
his puppet master must really want to test how far they can go before we impeach him and find his puppet master.

also read the comments everyone agrees from both sides they committed treason.
glad more people are waking up to the truth
From your own llink, this has already been debunked. Section 40g was waived to allow the proper materials and safety equipment for the destruction and protection of inspectors and handlers of the gas stockpiles in their destruction. Here is the official statement FROM YOUR LINK!

Obama is NOT supplying any weapons to Al Qaeda in Syria. Period!

"This action will allow the U.S. Government to provide or license, where appropriate, certain non-lethal assistance inside or related to Syria. This includes: 1) chemical weapons-related personal protective equipment to international organizations, including the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, for the conduct of their operations; 2) chemical weapons-related life-saving assistance for organizations implementing Department of State or U.S. Agency for International Development programs to strengthen local Syrian health care providers’ ability to prepare for and respond to any use of chemical weapons; and 3) defensive chemical weapons-related training and personal protective equipment to select vetted members of the Syrian opposition, including the Supreme Military Council, to protect against the use of chemical weapons. This action is part of longstanding and ongoing efforts to provide life-saving chemical weapons-related assistance to people in need in Syria."

Old 09-22-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
really now? how can you vouch for that, with a straight face when Al Qaeda is seen with our weapons already many times.

so yes they say they are FSA and then we provide them arms then they go ahead to join Al Qaeda.
wow way to go.
how do you know? hmm?

so now by your admission it was not Assad that ordered it but someone confused in the military that shot it? ahem we have evidence that rebel forces have been seen with chemical weapons as well. both sides are just as bad.

LEAVE THE AREA and let them kill themselves we need not get involved.
the most you can do as HUMAN BEINGS is not bomb them but let the people become refugees in camps until the war is over.
no military aid shall be provided.

those terrorists and governments can duke it out all they want.
those that want peace can leave the region then.

and people are still so sheepish in defending traitorous acts
as to the fact that we are training Al Qaeda and supplying arms to them.
geez.

talk about normalcy bias. is truth so hard to swallow that this government is corrupt to the core?

Bengazhi? anyone?
fast and furious? Eric holder?
Obama nomination of Larry Summers? REALLY NOW?
2000+ pages of loop holes in health care bill? seriously everyone knows they let themselves out with that 2000 page bill full of loop holes for themselves ONLY.

I never supported Bush BTW
this admin is 10x more corrupt than Bush admin is right now.

We all know Obama is a puppet but could they be even more obvious about it?
SORRY ONLY BLIND FOOLS CANNOT SEE WHAT IS GOING ON.

This is beyond ridiculous now.

if OBAMA wants to redeem himself then crush the Al Qaeda right now then help the FSA by letting them escape into refugee camps.
not by supplying arms.

Left wing want to champion themselves as peace lovers right I spit on that.
Both Right and Left are war mongers.

I am an Independent btw I am neither of you as I try to think for myself.
I have never once claimed that Assad gave the order. I have consistently maintained over and over that military grade chemical weapons fired from Syrian military positions with Russian made rockets as a delivery system were used against a fortified position of The Free Syrian Army in a SW Damascus suburb. The subsequent Syrian radio traffic and the satellite tracking systems monitored the flight of those rockets from launch to impact.
I agree that the rebels have some nerve gas capabilities but only of the basement/kitchen table variety. they do not have the sophisticated delivery systems used in this particular instance.

I am also a registered independent. I also think for myself and try and collect hard facts from numerous sources to formulate my opinion and basis of fact. I may have a more varied source of information than you do. It does appear that I spend an inordinate amount of time correcting distortions and mis-information from many of your posts. Not on purpose though. It just seems to work out that way. Not that it matters though. You have your agenda to push and whatever I say will not change that. Have a good day.

Last edited by mohawkx; 09-22-2013 at 09:14 PM..

Old 09-23-2013, 02:15 PM

149 posts, read 203,316 times
if you're registered independent you checked the wrong box.

should be 'no party affiliation'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies