Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 11:13 AM

545 posts, read 451,877 times

Advertisements

people will emulate what they see in leadership and things to do with copying what they think other's see as success.

Then the followers simply line up because they think they are on the winning team.

The more the media dramatizes politics the greater the culture slides and devolves down toward the primitive with destructive pathways having no interior consequence's with respects to a properly formed up ego. Politic's is a job , emotion is the property of the individual. Alongside billion dollar campaigning little to no hope. A frenzy decision to be sure.

Greed at all costs is the winning ticket, mockery, disrespect, double talk, untruths are all ok as a means to the end goal. Greed in many different ways.

Media in all forms including textures of supremacy and materialism on fox is contributing to this aggressive downgrading cycle of eventual destruction.

> Fox has clearly "denounced the hard working gainfully employed, of lower income".

> Fox also manipulates tone in interview among and within the right in attempts to sway the vast population their way. When things go one way or the other they step back a touch waiting for the window of opportunity to pounce with their private objectives.

The whole attitude and premise for thinking needs to be re-wired. Individualism is on its way to the gutter. If the media in all forms keeps up , all that will be left is a mind dissolved puddle of mud. A population will only meet out so many free thinkers, its how it is plain and simple.

Last edited by macpherson; 10-18-2013 at 12:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 12:52 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Let me guess. You don't have a smart phone or a flat screen TV or some gaming device. You are typing your posts from the library's computer. You don't buy anything organic because it's too expensive and you don't drink at all because you can't afford it. All of your clothes and shoes are made in America by poor companies barely making ends meet or you get your clothes in thrift stores You don't have any nice sneakers. You or your spouse/partner/girlfriend/boyfriend have no jewelry. You walk everywhere you go and you live in the cheapest state in the country. You never leave town. No? Then who is making the "fat cats" rich?
No smart phone.
No flat screen TV.
No gaming device.

I do have a computer/internet at home.

Corporate "organic" is anything but.

Yes I do look for clothing made in America.
No, I don't have $300 designer sneakers. Keds work just fine for me.

I have a truck but do "smart" driving so I'm not going all over the place wasting gas.

Sure I take vacations.

But I retired early on a reduced pension. I "won" already as far as I'm concerned.
I have enough to live on with a bit extra for fun stuff.
No debt, live on ag-exempt land and my low expenses/low income got me into that cherished 47% that do not pay federal income taxes.

I went Galt

Old 10-18-2013, 02:10 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I kinda find those who are living off the government teet when they are able to contribute to be the ones that are really greedy.. Someone who works and earns a large income is ambitious.
Sure. Thank goodness that President Clinton put an end to welfare moochers by instituting 'workfare', where you are expected to get off of welfare and even while on some government program you are expected to work. Welfare moochers also got hit when different state computers started talking to each other and discovering some of the same people on the role in three separate states.

On the other hand, many people who are wealthy and have good jobs did not get there by their efforts alone, did they? A good family, good schools, ivy league college, a social life with those who can do good things for you, etc - can't hurt.

I think it is greedy when you don't want to give some advantage to a poor person who has tried hard in schools and shunned neighborhood gang life and is working. I think a person who has proven that he is trying to better himself should catch a break every now and again.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:05 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
The tiny number of greedy oligarchs are bent on destroying democracy in this country and turning it into a Plutocracy.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:46 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
It is one of the pillar of capitalism, and how you can not comprehend that is baffling considering you have/allude to being in "NYC" the financial capital of the world (aka greed/money).

Only broke people complain about greed. Someone from some movie about some street said it best. "Greed is good" - GG

Perhaps move to a communist state where you can be equally miserable and underachieve with the rest of the 3rd world countries that believe this stupid approach to nation building.

Losing the game of life sucks, I hear you, but you can come back strong compete with the big boys or you can cry and complain about getting bulldozed by superior people (and also complain its not fairrrrr)
On the one side we have those folks who feel they should do nothing in life and be provided for by everyone else. On the other side (as your post so eloquently demonstrates) we have folks who feel their only point in life is to screw everyone else, trample over them, and play some dumbass competitive "game" they call life.

Is it any wonder our species is so damned dysfunctional?

In my view, both attitudes suck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies