Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2013, 08:05 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Liberals could start by taking that advice - they are the inventors, perfectors, and primary propagators of the politics of personal destruction.
Fact is, you could replace "liberals" with "neoconservatives" in that statement and it would be 100% every bit as accurate and valid.

Which is to say, not very accurate or valid at all.

But blind, hypocritical partisan hacks are too dim to recognize or acknowledge this, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I am blissfully unaware of anyone who denies the existence of religious extremism, and specifically Islamic extremism. Please enlighten me.

I do hear some who believe that all Muslims are extremists which is no more true than all fill in the blank are extremists.
Well said. I couldn't rep you again yet.

This isn't a partisan issue, and it has eff-all to do with any party affiliation or political ideology save that of the people who committed this atrocity.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:12 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Where is Obama on this one? The obvious answer is we must carpet bomb Kenya no matter who the killers are.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:16 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Where is Obama on this one? The obvious answer is we must carpet bomb Kenya no matter who the killers are.
Yeah, that would be BS, just like the proposed strikes on Syria were.

He's certainly not the only president to talk about rushing into something like this. The Iraq Invasion, for instance, was not only disingenuous from the outset and based on pure crap and unjustifiable, it cost us a nearly unimaginable fortune (which was kept off the books.)

I'm not giving Obama (who I never liked or supported) a pass; I'm just pointing out this type of behavior isn't specific to any particular political party.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:17 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,051,742 times
Quote:
If this was done by a white lone shooter, the liberals here would be all over the story, shamelessly trashing any white male, and likely trying to paint them as conservatives, despite the evidence that that the white shooters and bombers in mass attacks that took place in the U.S. during the past few years have had Democratic Party ideologies.

Muslim extremists attack an upscale Nairobi mall in Kenya, take hostages, and kill nearly 3 score in total of people, and the left is deafeningly silent.

Sure - deflect by accusing Harrier of politicizing a tragedy.

You have no back up - when you would do the exact same thing, as illustrated by Harrier in paragraph #1, had the circumstances been different, in specific ways.
Sure - obfuscate Harrier's shameless politicization of a tragedy by accusing others of deflection

Old 09-23-2013, 08:19 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
Quote:
If this was done by a white lone shooter, the liberals here would be all over the story, shamelessly trashing any white male, and likely trying to paint them as conservatives, despite the evidence that that the white shooters and bombers in mass attacks that took place in the U.S. during the past few years have had Democratic Party ideologies.

Muslim extremists attack an upscale Nairobi mall in Kenya, take hostages, and kill nearly 3 score in total of people, and the left is deafeningly silent.

Sure - deflect by accusing Harrier of politicizing a tragedy.

You have no back up - when you would do the exact same thing, as illustrated by Harrier in paragraph #1, had the circumstances been different, in specific ways.

Where's the conservative outrage by the way? How come you're not sending letters to Kenya suggesting that open access to high-power guns would have prevented the tragedy? Therein lies the answer to your question.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Yeah, that would be BS, just like the proposed strikes on Syria were.

He's certainly not the only president to talk about rushing into something like this. The Iraq Invasion, for instance, was not only disingenuous from the outset and based on pure crap and unjustifiable, it cost us a nearly unimaginable fortune (which was kept off the books.)

I'm not giving Obama (who I never liked or supported) a pass; I'm just pointing out this type of behavior isn't specific to any particular political party.
I can't say I can recall any other pres rushing in in that way.... I just can't recall. Gimmie a hint ok?

Old 09-23-2013, 08:27 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
And how many of these Islamobots were from the USAtard......3, 4, 5....quite a few.

We are importing dangerous 3rd world Headchoppers into the USAtard.....GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-23-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
And how many of these Islamobots were from the USAtard......3, 4, 5....quite a few.

We are importing dangerous 3rd world Headchoppers into the USAtard.....GREAT!!!!!!!!!
Some PC seem to love them........

Old 09-23-2013, 08:31 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Send in a few missiles into Somalia and tell them not to do that again...or there will not be one mud hut inhabited by sleepy pirates left standing....Let Obama do some good...let him protect what was once the American base of existence- CHRISTIANITY....he had better figure out what damned side he is on.....Is he with Mohamed or is he with Christ?

Old 09-23-2013, 08:31 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Maybe if you get your face out of Faux News arse you'd see plenty of liberals (like me) who are appalled by this level of carnage and violence.

Seriously, I'm ****ing sick of hearing this crap every time a tragedy happens. Why don't you focus on the ones committing these atrocities instead of playing some assholish version of gotcha?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies