Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 02:06 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
If this was done by a white lone shooter, the liberals here would be all over the story, shamelessly trashing any white male, and likely trying to paint them as conservatives, despite the evidence that that the white shooters and bombers in mass attacks that took place in the U.S. during the past few years have had Democratic Party ideologies.

Muslim extremists attack an upscale Nairobi mall in Kenya, take hostages, and kill nearly 3 score in total of people, and the left is deafeningly silent.

Sure - deflect by accusing Harrier of politicizing a tragedy.

You have no back up - when you would do the exact same thing, as illustrated by Harrier in paragraph #1, had the circumstances been different, in specific ways.
Arent you one of those claiming the media is all liberal and biased?
The story has been all over the news so i dont see where the liberal media is being silent on the issue.
The story has been discussed in great detail on MSNBC and CNN and all local news broadcasts.
I dont see where any one is trying to paint these terrorists in Kenya as affiliated with liberals or conservatives, What straw man are you trying to create from this tragedy?

Old 09-23-2013, 02:32 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
If this was done by a white lone shooter, the liberals here would be all over the story, shamelessly trashing any white male, and likely trying to paint them as conservatives, despite the evidence that that the white shooters and bombers in mass attacks that took place in the U.S. during the past few years have had Democratic Party ideologies.

Muslim extremists attack an upscale Nairobi mall in Kenya, take hostages, and kill nearly 3 score in total of people, and the left is deafeningly silent.

You have no back up - when you would do the exact same thing, as illustrated by Harrier in paragraph #1, had the circumstances been different, in specific ways.
There is no evidence any of the people you speak of are or ever were members of the Democratic party.

If you have evidence to back up your claim, please post it.

People die every day is right wing muslim mass killing specifically in the middle East and sub saharan Africa. Saying Liberals are silent on it is like saying we didnt mention that we were still breathing.

I have never understood why even try to politicize things like this, most left wingers(specifically Progressives, not liberals) would tell you that religion is the root of a lot of evil in this nation, and even you have echoed that at times while also attacking Left wingers for saying it ( you are all over the place).

Old 09-23-2013, 02:37 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:

Where has that odd association liberal-Muslim come from, that is so frequent on this forum? I never got that. Real liberals are pretty much against Islam...

Old 09-23-2013, 02:40 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Where has that odd association liberal-Muslim come from, that is so frequent on this forum? I never got that. Real liberals are pretty much against Islam...
No,we are not. We are against religion ruling a nation,it doesnt matter what religion it is.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:48 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Why?

Really, who cares? They kill each other every day of every week of every month year in and year out...

Actually the OP has picked a very boring topic..
We don`t kill each other every day of the week?

Old 09-23-2013, 02:54 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No,we are not. We are against religion ruling a nation,it doesn't matter what religion it is.
I disagree. Islam contradicts what many liberals believe in, like the equal treatment of women, freedom in general.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:05 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:

Everybody has been fairly silent. After catching wind of it on the net, I finally found the news on CNN. FOX had some breaking news reports, nothing to write home about. Drudge had zero, does he not work weekends. Anywho, it reminded me of why I hate television news. Guess everybody was watching the emmys or whichever stupid loser awards show that was. Or, perhaps we are getting all to use to it. The British news covered it really well. Sad weekend.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:06 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Did it happen here in the USA? Pretty sure this kind of thing happens a lot over there. What makes this one so special?

Old 09-23-2013, 03:13 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Are you having as much difficulty processing the slaughter of innocents in Chicago this week? What hell hole is Chicago at the edge of? Selective shock?
Or DC, or elementary schools.
I think we'd be better off fixing our own broken country than issuing false outrage at other countries and their tragedies.
Don't you?

Old 09-23-2013, 03:16 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I disagree. Islam contradicts what many liberals believe in, like the equal treatment of women, freedom in general.
While I understand what you're saying, and agree, there are other religions that also demean women and minorities and whoever disagrees with them.
It's all religion, not just muslim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies