Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 08:22 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times

Advertisements

After the messacre in Kenia and 9/11 over here, what worries me and has worried me for a while is when I see a peson with a Burka and back pack on their back in a Mall.

I don't think that has anything to do with discrimination but just anything that looks suspicious and is out of the ordinary should be avoided.

One mall where I saw this more than once is the one we are not going to any longer and not just because of that. The crime in that area became higher and most bigger chains already moved away too.

Dillards only has in this mall a complete sales store probably until their rent agreement is over, JCP left a few years ago, Forever 21 left, as did many other chains.

One time I had my doggie in a bag in the mall and was told it wasn't allowed to even have it in a bag....and I will not bring my dog in a special dog back to that mall, other malls allow it bu why can someone cover themselves up so you can barely see any eyes, and a backpack on their back on a day that there is no school and be seen as normal?

We walked far around this person and felt very uncomfortable.

In one attack we have seen that men in Burka's on motor bikes have attacked people and many died. Many gas stations don't allow people with hoodies and or mask or sunglasses, so why should did be allowed.

If a person wants to dress up that way then they show they want to obey a law that is not accepted in this country and they can walk around in many muslim countries like that and many muslim countries don't allow womn to alk without a scarf so can we still ask others to act like most American's do and that is not by wearing a Burka in a mall.

France and Belgium already have forbidden to wear it for these reasons that you have no cue who and what is hidden underneath.

Most muslims have good intentions and if you have good intentions than you shouldn't feel offended by this but rather have people get along and feel safe.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:28 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
I've never seen anyone wear a burkha in public in the US. People can't keep their Muslim religious wear straight.

This explains it quite well:

Anne Peterson: Know Your Veils: A Guide to Middle Eastern Head Coverings (PHOTOS)

Old 09-23-2013, 09:31 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Yet another right you want taken away from American citizens all in the name of guns.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:32 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Dressing up in costumes should really be limited to Halloween. No reason to wrap yourself in a black sheet the rest of the time. Come on, get into the 21st century, not the 6th.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Dressing up in costumes should really be limited to Halloween. No reason to wrap yourself in a black sheet the rest of the time. Come on, get into the 21st century, not the 6th.

You want congress to enact a law about how we can dress? Swell!

Old 09-23-2013, 09:34 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I've never seen anyone wear a burkha in public in the US. People can't keep their Muslim religious wear straight.

This explains it quite well:

Anne Peterson: Know Your Veils: A Guide to Middle Eastern Head Coverings (PHOTOS)
I've seen many women wear burkas. The question is, why are people worried about that? Why are people worried about large backpacks in malls either? Such bombings are not exactly a common occurrence here.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:34 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
I have never seen anyone wear a Burka or carry a backpack in a mall. Maybe it has to do with your area.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:37 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
So...religious freedom for some, but not for others? I don't agree with wearing a burka, but then, I'm not Muslim, so it's not up to me to decide that. But apparently you think it's up to you.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:38 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,196 times
Quote:
Religious reasons???

If we ban them, we have to begin taxing churches too...and then make door to door proselytization illegal...and then define the Jehovah's witness religion as a dangerous cult...and then define more religions as dangerous cults. The Methodists and Catholics are fine, but the Southern Baptists and Orthodox Jews must leave the country, along with anyone who says, "My holy book is 100% accurate."

(I guess then, we won't have to worry about people wearing burkas anyway, because most of them will be gone).

Oh...I'm salivating

Old 09-23-2013, 09:40 AM

By this logic, we should be banned from wearing coats, loose clothing, long skirts, carrying large purses or shopping bags. Where would this end?

We will give up all of our other rights but will be able to carry around guns, if we can be creative enough to conceal them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies