Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 02:08 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

It's working for me. I've already received three or four rebates from my health insurance company over the last year or two, and I'm looking forward to saving thousands of dollars next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 02:33 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
He still has a mortgage on his Chicago house.
Which is just posturing....for no good reason at all.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:18 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
Despite the propganda being spewed daily by the enablers of this horrible piece of legislation that should have never seen the light of day the truth is coming out:

Obamacare Will Increase Health Spending By $7,450 For A Typical Family of Four - Forbes
\

Wow!

Old 11-03-2013, 08:22 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
Despite the propganda being spewed daily by the enablers of this horrible piece of legislation that should have never seen the light of day the truth is coming out:

Obamacare Will Increase Health Spending By $7,450 For A Typical Family of Four - Forbes
From the article...
Quote:
Rather than tell Americans the truth that they’d have to pay more and that the extra price was worth it, candidate Obama promised the ultimate free lunch: we’ll cover 30 million uninsured AND the typical family will see their premiums go down by $2500 (per year!!!!).
Yep. Sadly, Obama made false promises, and the ignorant and/or willfully blind fell for it.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:43 PM

471 posts, read 600,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
How is it that here in Canada our universal medical system cost our government just a little over half of what the US government spends for their mishmash of programmes? That is not counting the TRILLIONS of dollars Americans spend in insurance premiums, co-pays and direct pays. I tell you, Americans are getting royally screwed over by the "Medical industry". Your medical system is making the country so uncompetitive it's crazy. The cost of producing a single vehicle in the USA is aprox. $1500 more per car than production costs in Canada in medical costs alone. It's no wonder the rest of the developed world outside the USA has some type of universal system. In the USA where corporations rule supreme it will never happen.
This of course is spot on! This is why we need single payer and we need it now. We overpay for everything medical in the US. It reduces our competitiveness globally, costs millions of jobs. For just a relatively small amount more, we could enact a total single payer system like every other civilized country and greatly lower the administrative costs that are rampant in the so called private industry. Americans pay so much more, companies pay so much more, to the detriment of millions of jobs.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:39 AM

577 posts, read 435,902 times
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ises/obameter/

45% of his promises he kept
25% compromised
22% broken..

I'd say not everythign he says is a lie. The rest of us understand that what his intentions are going in is what thing, the realities of his office are another. I consider 70% overall (combined iwth compromise) is not too shabby.

And with compromise.. the difference between a liberal and a conservative is that we genuinly understand that compromise is needed to move forward because we can't all have our way. That's a sign of maturity..

Old 11-04-2013, 08:47 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,459,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ises/obameter/

45% of his promises he kept
25% compromised
22% broken..

I'd say not everythign he says is a lie. The rest of us understand that what his intentions are going in is what thing, the realities of his office are another. I consider 70% overall (combined iwth compromise) is not too shabby.

And with compromise.. the difference between a liberal and a conservative is that we genuinly understand that compromise is needed to move forward because we can't all have our way. That's a sign of maturity..
The problem is not promises being broken....it's double and tripling down on BLATENT LIES.

When you KNOW it's not true and you repeat it over and over again, especially on a key and nation-changing topic that causes people to back something, then it's not just breaking a promise. It's all out DECEIT.

His favorability dropped another 4-5 points this weekend for a reason.

-- Posted with TapaTalk

Old 11-04-2013, 10:06 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
The problem is not promises being broken....it's double and tripling down on BLATENT LIES.

When you KNOW it's not true and you repeat it over and over again, especially on a key and nation-changing topic that causes people to back something, then it's not just breaking a promise. It's all out DECEIT.

His favorability dropped another 4-5 points this weekend for a reason.
And James Carville (Dem political strategist) just recently learned that Obama is taking Dem incumbents down with him:

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...s-trouble.html

Old 11-04-2013, 10:41 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,459,195 times
What many people fail to grasp is that increased premiums and higher deductibles are only a tip of the iceberg when talking about how much Obamacare will cost everyone except those on the government dole.

Those are all the stealth taxes hidden in Obamacare. There are about 7 new taxes that will effect you....some directly and some indirectly (taxes on companies that will simply be passed onto the consumer).

The wealthy can absorb them, leaving again the middle class working people to be the hardest hit.

-- Posted with TapaTalk

Old 11-04-2013, 02:02 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,976,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And James Carville (Dem political strategist) just recently learned that Obama is taking Dem incumbents down with him:

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...s-trouble.html
Incumbent Democrats are in trouble? I think ALL incumbents, democrat and republican are in trouble for 2014. Republicans are the ones who shut down the government for 16 days, you think the American people will forget about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies