Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 01:28 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,966,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
There isn't an eye roll hard enough for that one, Jim. You guys are really turning into a parody of yourselves.
No, you just go around whining about the 1 percent, and then defend the know-nothings as being the people who MUST MAKE OUR DECISIONS FOR US.

You whine about Wall Street, even though they can't touch you. Yet, even LESS DESERVING millionaires you demand be given the power of life, death, and every important decision in everyone's life.

Obama's an ignorant, coddled, immature know-nothing who lies more than a sociopath... Yet, you hang on his, and his sycophants' every word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 01:33 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
Did you rightwing low information Foxbots even read the study?
Because if you did, you would have seen that national healthcare spending is projected to increase at about the same rates that it HAS been increasing since long before Obama was even in office.
Have all the proponents of Obamacare, "ACA", kept up to date with all flaws that are appearing? Employer health care is for the EMPLOYEE only, if the employee wants to cover the family, that's out of pocket.

People are getting their hours cut to 29 or less, so they don't qualify as a full time employee. Employees are getting cut so employers have fewer employees so they won't be required to provide healthcare.

MY insurance is supposed to go up 36% this year. Healthcare costs are not going up 36%.

Seems to me that the Affordable Health Care Act, isn't so affordable.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:35 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Have all the proponents of Obamacare, "ACA", kept up to date with all flaws that are appearing? Employer health care is for the EMPLOYEE only, if the employee wants to cover the family, that's out of pocket.
Not mine. You may want to find a job with better benefits, if your skills and talents will let you.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:35 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
Oh, I lied, did I? Where is Joe Wilson when you need him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Tis how it is, and you know it. Intentionally misunderstanding is not evidence of debating in good faith.

Last edited by earthlyfather; 09-23-2013 at 01:44 PM..

Old 09-23-2013, 02:16 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw
The article says that is over 9 years - so about +$800 year. The article is also unclear on how this is calculated or what it means - it does not claim this is a premium or out of pocket increase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
As far as I can tell, it's based on people who need healthcare now actually getting treatment, and that's bad, because it's expensive. The he adds up 8 years of prejcted costs, divides by the number of US citizens, multiplies by 4 (because "family", see?) - it's utter voodoo math.
I checked the math. That's exactly what this hit piece did.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:17 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Pghguest, these people are brutal aren't they, assume, assume, they will say anything as long as they aren't hurting, but once it hits home, boy oh boy, they will be the first to cry.
Funniest quote of the day coming from a right winger who is so dense she can't even see the irony of her lament. Your buddies in the House just voted to cut food stamps by $40 billion. No compassion for how much those people are hurting, huh? But to use your own words, once it hits home, as in, someone you know being affected, boy oh boy, YOU are the first to cry.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:18 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
The Obamabots won't even read the article. They will hide their heads in the sand and keep arguing that the Affordable Care Act is actually affordable just because their King told them so.

Posted with TapaTalk
They aren't the ones who will be paying for it. Some love a plan that gives free unlimited health care that others will pay for.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:20 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Yeah...most gas stations have more than 50 employees, right? Your story is hilarious.
Most gas stations are corporations, and its very likely that the owner/operator has multiple stations

Old 09-23-2013, 02:21 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,966,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Funniest quote of the day coming from a right winger who is so dense she can't even see the irony of her lament. Your buddies in the House just voted to cut food stamps by $40 billion. No compassion for how much those people are hurting, huh? But to use your own words, once it hits home, as in, someone you know being affected, boy oh boy, YOU are the first to cry.
I don't define compassion as having Congress spend money.

I define it as helping my neighbor.

You have a truly insane definition of "compassion".

Old 09-23-2013, 02:25 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Oh, I lied, did I? Where is Joe Wilson when you need him?
OK, have it your way. I will go forward assuming that you are willing to actually believe that Canada spends roughly $63,000 per capita on healthcare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies