Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2013, 08:43 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I mean seriously. It seems like even most conservatives can't stand him. I'm sure a few posters do though. But then, they're probably crazy anyway.
You need to get your news from somewhere other than MSNBC.

Republican establishment types can't stand him. But true conservatives know he's right. And when liberals call us crazy for thinking he is, that just proves he's on the right track.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 08:47 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Republican establishment types can't stand him. But true conservatives know he's right.
Yep, neocons dislike him almost as much as liberals do.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:49 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
I mean seriously. It seems like even most conservatives can't stand him. I'm sure a few posters do though. But then, they're probably crazy anyway.
I support Cruz and I also believe that spending more than you bring in is crazy. You may be one of those people who believe that when you get another credit card, you have increased your income, but I'll disagree with that notion.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:51 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
As a Democrat, I support Ted Cruz to keep running his mouth. I hope he's the GOP's nominee for president in 2016.
No you don't.

The hard left doesn't want anything to do with principled constitutional people who do not just spout things that make you feel good.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:51 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm in, regardless how some of the Repubs don't like him, I do, and I'm in this for the show, if he does good, he gets my vote.....but this election, I'm going to demand whoever the candidates are, "I want to know when you intend to do, what is your plan". This bull of "I have a plan that is going to create more jobs", is complete lies.....I indend to ask, what plan, and if they don't spell it out, I'm not voting...I want to know what I'm voting for....and they better do they're homework, cuz if they don't, I'm not voting! I'm done with Washington, the way it is now, is corrupt...and none of them are working for us.
Ask Ted Cruz who built his home, remodeled his kitchen and mows his grass.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:57 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
"Republican" doesn't mean "conservative".

True conservatives like and understand him.

He is not a populist who says things just to be liked.

Big government progressives are scared to death of him....."what if his message starts to resonate!?" "What if people actually start reading the constitution!"

Old 09-24-2013, 09:03 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Disguised as grass root movements, the 6th wealthiest person in the world, pulls Cruz' strings and uses that wealth to end the political career of any Republican who chooses not to follow orders. What's not to like?
Why don't you contribute $1000 to Cruz and tell him what to do from now on?

If you go to opensecrets.org and do a search for donations for the last 3 elections cycles under David and Charles Koch, you'll find one contribution from David Koch for $500 and none from Charles Koch to Ted Cruz. Out of the hundreds of thousands they've given out, the total for Cruz is $500. Yeah, I see the connection.

Does a little bell go off from time to time that makes you scream Koch?

Nothing beats a low information voter that believes she is so in the know.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:25 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sure, and I said Republicans called them solid conservatives during the election year. It's funny how people talk about how they agree with people like Ron Paul, but come election time, they always pull for the mainstream Republican, who are the same as the mainstream dems.

That is the media gate keepers

Old 09-24-2013, 09:29 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
What I want is for healthcare reform to stay. GOP doesn't want it to stay because it's going to work. Let the GOP trainwreck if they ever get into power in 2016. It'll only accelerate the pace faster to single payer, which I would have liked in the first place. The cat's out of the bag, there is no more going back to pre-existing conditions and policies being dropped because cancer is too expensive to fight

So now you come clean

Old 09-24-2013, 09:35 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yes, 100%

He is doing exactly what I elected him to do.
He is actually serving those that placed him where he is today.
Unheard of where you are from, I know.
My random thoughts on Ted Cruz.
1. Exactly what Bent Bow wrote - Cruz is doing what he promised his voters if they elected him.
So - is it wrong for a Representative or a Senator to do what they promised their voters?
Cruz didn't just barely win in Texas - he got a mandate against a Conservative that is the most powerful in Texas - the Lt Governor. Why should Cruz be forced to vote against what he was elected for just to satisfy people across the USA?

2. I believe there is only one person in the USA with the power to shut down the Government - the President of the USA. Two other people have the power to oppose the President - The Speaker and the Senate Majority leader, because they control what is voted on. All other CongressCritters have exactly one vote. Cruz can't shut down the Government OR stop it from shutting down.

3. I don't believe that Ted Cruz is a "wacko bird", I do believe that he is a different type of Senator than we have become accustomed to - so is Rand Paul. They are smart & strategic.

4. I don't believe that ObamaCare can be "defunded" without Legislation to repeal it - ACA is a mandatory spending program (like Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid) - so what is this really all about?

A. It could be just taking a "stand" and making others take a "stand". That "stand" will come into play in 2014 and will remembered by voters depending on what happens with the ACA roll-out (which is pretty sure to be a disaster).

B. I'm beginning to wonder if this "defund ObamaCare" is a way to run out the clock (taking a page from the Dem playbook) on the Continuing Resolution to the 2011 Budget Control Act that has to be signed by Oct 1 2013. Does anyone remember what all the conversation was just a month ago on the CR? There was no talk of "ObamaCare" at all - it was all about getting rid of Sequestration by Taxing the Evil Rich again and adding more spending to Obama's projects. Suddenly nobody is talking about any of that and Harry Reid and Cruz have a scheduled Showdown at the OK corral, with a promised Filibuster to raise the ante.

C. I was surprised that Boehner unexpectedly supported the "defund ObamaCare" legislation, but also in that legislation is a Budget level that keeps Sequestration AND re-directs some of it. The Senate plan either get's rid of Sequestration OR cuts the Military again and raises taxes again.

For those that don't remember - Sequestration was part of the Budget Control Act of 2011 and the CR will be to that Act. The Sequester amount for Fiscal 2013 was way less that the $85 Billion because it didn't go into effect until April 1. It increases automatically for Fiscal year 2014 unless they adopt some sort of Legislation to stop it ..... the Bill in the Senate right now does not "stop it", but does have the possible Red Herring of "defund ObamaCare" that is sucking all the air out of everything. There has not been a single good piece of news about ObamaCare for years now. The polls show people still don't like it and certainly don't understand it. Obama has waived or delayed huge portions of it and those waivers (+ the Supreme Court ruling that just about doomed it) are going to cause nothing but problems. They can't even get the computer system to work. ObamaCare will be an albatross hung on the necks of any supporters ...... It doesn't need to be "defunded", even if it could be.

Quote:
The sequester cuts discretionary spending across-the-board by $109.3 billion a year from 2014-2021 and $85.4 billion in 2013. But no programs are actually eliminated. The effect is to reduce the scale and scope of existing programs rather than to zero out any of them.
Sequestration snarling 2014 budget process - Federal News Radio, July 2013

I suspect the Leadership in both parties are playing high stakes chess, while the Media and public think they are watching lawn checkers. There is actually only one way to "defund ObamaCare" - Cruz is a very smart man, I'm betting he knows that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies