Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2013, 04:12 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Me too. I don't know how many elections it's going to take the Idiot Right to realize that they are, well, idiots. If Cruz wins in 2016, he's definitely going to be Sharron Angled. Heck next year I think the GOP is going to take a beating once people realize the benefits of the AVA come January 1
The left must have some idiots too, since some are hoping Killery the witch will run.. She will be in jail in 2016
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 04:19 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
He has been talking about the people in the state of Texas, that have been put on part time and companies lowering there staffs to be below the 50 mark.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
100%

Even if I never heard him speak, the fact that so many lefties and progressive GOP'ers are attacking him shows me that he is on the right track!
Kind of what I thought

Old 09-25-2013, 08:08 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
I am so so so very proud of Ted Cruz right now, he is fighting against Obamacare as we speak, thank you Sen. Cruz.!!!!!

Old 09-25-2013, 08:10 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I am so so so very proud of Ted Cruz right now, he is fighting against Obamacare as we speak, thank you Sen. Cruz.!!!!!
He'll tucker himself out soon and then the GOP will put him down for his nap and let the adults get back to governing the country.

FYI: Exchanges open in six days. Obamacare moves forward.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:33 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
1. don't believe in abortion, but believe it should be up to the individual, none of my business
2. (smaller government and fiscal responsibility) while finding common ground with Democrats on legislation.
3. I don't favor gay marriage, but believe it's up to the individual.
4. believe in progressive taxation and alternative energy just to name a few things.
5. believe in Religious rights but not to the point it affects other religions or the religion this country was founded on.
6. I believe the most competent person should get the job, especially now in this day and age.
7. Believe in the right to bear arms, but feel stronger laws of screening should be implemented.
8. support immigration reform, but starting at the bottom up, secure the boarders and get all illegals out of America. Start all over
9. believe in Welfare, but not lifers on Welfare
10. believe in responsiblity of one's own choice, stop blaming others or expecting others to fund your life.
11. believe in much better laws....no one should be exempt.
12. I believe in across the board taxes
13. Fical budgets
14. one line veto
15. The end of a two party system, which has grown corrupt.
16. believe prisions should be cold dark places to go, not plush hotels
and more
Thank you for the list.
Seems like number 1 puts you on the liberal side not a moderate

Number 2 seems reasonable but you do not discuss how that will happen based on what spending
number 3 seems as long as you say its not your business you support gay marriage by default. One must be in favor or against gays legally marrying so by default its liberal
Number 4 I fine statement but how much progressive taxation do you think is enough is there a limit to your progressive tax rates? so I cannot say if your position shows a liberal or conservative bias
5 Seems to lean conservative
6. would be against race based hiring a conservative view
7. would need to know what stronger methods you seek seems a liberal slant
8 conservative view point
9.Your view would depend on what you would do about it
10 Sounds conservative
11. what laws would be needed to cite an slant
12. Not sure if you mean flat tax or taxing the poor
13 you mean actually passing a budget
14, A conservative view not sure its constitutional

15 the money that corrupts it will go somewhere
16 seems a very conservative view

So in defining a moderate it seems you think that a moderate holds some conservative positions some liberal and some undefined. So you would not be seen by others as moderate only as the opposite of whatever position you take.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:44 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
If you bots weren't afraid of him, you'd ignore him.
Laughing at a clown doesn't mean you're scared of the clown.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:32 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Thank you for the list.
Seems like number 1 puts you on the liberal side not a moderate

Number 2 seems reasonable but you do not discuss how that will happen based on what spending
number 3 seems as long as you say its not your business you support gay marriage by default. One must be in favor or against gays legally marrying so by default its liberal
Number 4 I fine statement but how much progressive taxation do you think is enough is there a limit to your progressive tax rates? so I cannot say if your position shows a liberal or conservative bias
5 Seems to lean conservative
6. would be against race based hiring a conservative view
7. would need to know what stronger methods you seek seems a liberal slant
8 conservative view point
9.Your view would depend on what you would do about it
10 Sounds conservative
11. what laws would be needed to cite an slant
12. Not sure if you mean flat tax or taxing the poor
13 you mean actually passing a budget
14, A conservative view not sure its constitutional

15 the money that corrupts it will go somewhere
16 seems a very conservative view

So in defining a moderate it seems you think that a moderate holds some conservative positions some liberal and some undefined. So you would not be seen by others as moderate only as the opposite of whatever position you take.
I am far from liberal, far from it....gay marriage as abortion, is none of my business nor anyone else's business....

I am yes, a conservative, but not a republican any longer, republicans have no backbone any longer, and do not stand for conservatives.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:11 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Laughing at a clown doesn't mean you're scared of the clown.
Yeah I don't get where Rafael is a formidable opponent. Put him up against a Democrat in a debate and he loses. Ron Paul had a lot of flowery rhetoric behind him, and his passionate supporters were sure he was going to win. Didn't he get 10% of the vote or less?

Old 09-25-2013, 12:16 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
I support a person to speak their mind... If I didn't, I would be a liberal...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies