Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 02:34 AM

396 posts, read 364,698 times

Advertisements

all the polls show the majority of Americans are against Obamacare...........the question is why isn't anybody in the Democrat party trying to stop it or even question it in public instead of being like sheeps and going along with the party and attacking anybody opposing it?

Ted Cruz is doing what the voters from his state sent him to the senate, to represent them and they dont want obamacare........why is Ted the villain here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 02:43 AM

27,116 posts, read 15,295,953 times
You are correct.

Cruz is not the villain here.
Dems are opposed to what the majority in our Nation want.

He is the one at the forefront fighting for that.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:52 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
The Democrats are not only jealous, I get the feeling they are scared to death, the GOP might actually produce a winner in 2016 and it could be a conservative at that. They will find a way to rip apart any Republican that could, remotely be a threat.

Do I support all Cruz stands for? No and I do think he lacks experience, but I sure give him credit for standing up for what he believes in..
I don't agree with everything he says either, do we ever all agree, no, but I sure do feel the same way you do.....

Old 09-28-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So instead of being home to do a bedtime story, he wasn't! Such a great dad.

Some make sacrifices for a greater call to Duty.

Old 09-28-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
If you are not scared of him and would like to run against him why do you attack him now?

That's the plan that they use.

Demonization.

Old 09-28-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So Republicans now support people just because Democrats are against them ?

So if Democrats said they were against Satan, you would support him ?

Please present a serious post if you desire to participate.

Old 09-28-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Cruz did what perhaps a Democrate would have done in opposition of a bill. And, to boot, he isn't dumb, nor is he narcissistic.

People were hounding him to do something and only he and two other republicans did what he did, the rest of them were to worried about re-elections to stand up strong for the people.

If Democrates would be in opposition, and they had a representative stand up there and do what Ted Cruz, you guys would be extactic that a representative on your behalf did all that he could do, FOR HIS PEOPLE who are against a bill.

I am proud of Ted Cruz, for doing what he did, with only two other Republicans representing him and standing by his side.

I am so fed up with the republican party, they should have been standing right there with him....
they are useless, cowards, who no longer care about the people, all they care about is how they look, when this all ends.

Ted Cruz is either nuts, nor narcissistic...he is the only man, besides Rand Paul and Lee who were actually not only listening to his people, but working very hard for them, and those are the kind of people I want representing me in Washington, who have the balls to do what they do.

regardless, what you may think of Republicans, or Obama Care, He did something that is hardly seen any longer in Washington....

Washington doesn't give a rats arse about the people any longer, the very people who elect them to work for the people. They have forgotten they derive a pay check from us, and they rub elbows with only the rich and the corporations.

When you people stop hating each other and realize that, maybe, just maybe, things will straighten out.

If Ted Cruz were a democrate and fought for Democrates that way, you'd be cheering his moxy.

Do I agree with everything he believes in, NO, it's not a perfect world, but I do agree with a whole lot of what he says.

This country has grown not only weak, but the people running this country for years now, do not know what they are doing...no one oversees the money they allocate to our social systems. Years ago, you had to be held accountable for that money. Everyone is skimming off the top...companies shouldn't need bail outs, and counties and states should not be going broke.

I don't care if your a democrate or a republican, when you guys stop fighting amongst yourselves, and start to realize, our government is run by two corrupt parties....things will change.

We need hard core laws, set up for everyone, instead of people changing the laws to suit their own adgendas.

Ted Cruz is an old fashioned conservative, who was raised to believe like I was and most people my age, 65 and up. We were governed by morals....by strict laws, which we respected, and if you didn't respect the laws you went to a cold dark place. Criminals should not have any rights, and what Washington is doing to America right now is criminal. I'm glad, there are still people like Ted Cruz and his two buddies who believe in upholding the law and going to bat for the people he represents....no other Republican stood up with him, like they should of, months ago....they leaned toward the other side...and that is inexcuseable. They should all be fired....how dare any politician go to sleep at night, thinking and believing that Obama Care is ok for us, but not for them??????????? No one should be exempt from it, no one, but they're big heads know it's not that good of an insurance, so, they don't want it...I mean, is that so hard to understand?

And these greatly blew their chances for re-election.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:57 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
All politicians lie and we all know this.

Obama though makes the others look honest by comparison.

This guy never ever tells the truth and all that comes out of his mouth is pure propaganda.

Saddest part is that it so blatantly obvious yet his worshippers fall at his feet.
This "Change" is killing "Hope".

What the He!! is in the water!?!
You got that right? some are better liars then others, and by comparison, his lies are endless.

I know your right, the pure garbage propaganda, that this Presidents trys to sell, and the ignorant ones who buy what he is selling, are making us all pay the damn price.............
He never brought Change, and i know so many people who no longer believe in HOPE. After they have lost jobs and their prized possessions, their homes.

No one Man, is worth people falling down at his feet. What the hell has he done for the middle class, the black unemployment has not improved. And we still have way too many Welfare Kings and Queens.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
If you read the rest of what I posted you'd have your answer.

Reading what you wrote makes you a Republican.

Old 09-29-2013, 12:07 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,930,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
100%
Even if I never heard him speak, the fact that so many lefties and progressive GOP'ers are attacking him shows me that he is on the right track!
So that's your only yardstick? Seems like you should have something more.
Cruz and his republicon peers, with their own government-funded healthcare, think Obamacare and all forms of "socialized medicine" are just awful - for everybody but themselves. They have the best healthcare taxpayers can buy.
Seriously, how dumb and/or fraudulent are your conservative heroes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOX6KjxKfbg

Last edited by detwahDJ; 09-29-2013 at 12:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies