Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 01:07 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
People are acting like we are the victims here. All I can say is 1953.
Word.

Old 09-24-2013, 01:08 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Here is a post by Mircea that is well thought out and gives a good synopsis of U S/ Iran relations. I hope he does not mind me pointing out his post but it is a reality that fits in to this thread. That part that sticks out too me is the Iran oil bourse where oil is traded in other currency besides USD. Could this be a real reason why we war monger against their nuclear program? and where is the proof Iran is developing nuclear weapons?

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...naround-4.html

Post 36

Old 09-24-2013, 01:11 PM

45,573 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What does trust have to do with it? I don't trust ANY nation. And the Iranians certainly have a bigger reason not to trust us than vice versa.

Moreover, what do you mean by "wants your defeat?"

Again, should they be our well wishers after what we did to them?
Seemed like a simple statement - they want our defeat. You think all this jihad talk and America as the Great Satan is separate from Iran? If so, you are gullible - or on their side.

Old 09-24-2013, 02:34 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,010,730 times
Quote:
Yeah, I noticed that's all A LOT OF YOU can say. You are so engrossed in rolling around in your guilt over that, you won't see the facts on the ground.

Rouhani won't admit that the Holocaust happened (he said he is a politician, not a historian - WHAT??!!)

He wouldn't meet with Obama or even shake Obama's hand because it would be complicated politically.

But you think there is a chance he will end the nuclear weapon program.

Oh, and by the way, for those of you who question the existence of a nuclear weapon program, why do you think they have nuclear power at all? They have the largest reserves of natural gas and the fourth largest reserves of petroleum in the world. Why the heck would they spend the time and money on a nuclear program, go through all the hassle of dealing with the IAEA if they weren't building weapons? Even Putin said the only way to be a major player in today's world and get any respect is to become a nuclear power. Please, don't be naive.

The is the largest state sponsor of terrorism in the world. It is the Islamic Republic of Iran. We don't even have an embassy there, do you remember why?

Now, I'm not saying we should bomb Iran or not listen to diplomatic advances by Iran. But there are finally signs that the sanctions are working. I think we should get a few dinners, maybe some flowers and candy before we lift our skirt for them.

Old 09-24-2013, 02:36 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Seemed like a simple statement - they want our defeat. You think all this jihad talk and America as the Great Satan is separate from Iran? If so, you are gullible - or on their side.
To them, our behavior in Iran was shameful and wrong.

And in that matter, I agree and I AM on their side.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:16 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
I am surprised Iran would consider talking to us at all in light of our history, still it would be a good thing if we could establish normal relations with them. They are one of the most educated countries in the a ME that is sorely lacking in that area, but they have a long way to go to get around the Ayatollahs.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:37 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,382 times
Fresh out of bootcamp 1979 im taking a dump in some head on base and written on the wall

I close the door because im a meanie

I like my privacy when I wipe my Khoumheeni

Old 09-24-2013, 05:45 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
I wonder what happened today? Obviously Obama was ready to give anything away if only Hassan Rouhani would shake his hand today, the news networks were all set to broadcast the "historic handshake". And he blew Obama off. Shows what the Iranians think of our fearless leader.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:01 PM

66 posts, read 69,767 times
we have to know all about Iranian-Israel problem - turkmenian gas , iranian oil, the radical islamic power which leads hezbollah( its not a secret for all), comunistic China( we dont know they would solve their problem by diplomatic talking in future, they dont hide that ussr for them is the sample...- and lets remember Afganistan - why ussr gone there)... This region ( Iran , Turkmenistan, Afganistan)- has a strategy geopolitic value...... Sanctions? Iran trades its oil with China ( and crude oil in Iran, almost no processing plants), that is, benefits for Iran itself a little. In Europe and North America do not want to trade with Iran ( Islamic power, the nuclear programme). But Iranian leaders do not understand that economic growth is possible only if the country refuses from a totalitarian way. Does n't the USSR and the DPRK warns them or not? China is growing ( but that's because there's a billion people, China was the agrarian for a long time - so this growth will be short- cause comunist power doesnt allow high level of economic growth). That is totalitarian regimes rely on the export of oil and gas as we have already noticed because they cannot offer competitive products in other areas. Therefore, Iran's leaders must understand that lead his country to ruin. Nuclear program is not going to solve their problems. We should not forget that Iran-seismo-active place. Build there NPS-dangerous. Example Of Fukushima. For thermal power plants need fuel which Iran sells the most. Therefore, Iran even if the build 20 nuclear - still will be forced to restructure the economy to market relations. In order to create products and competitive need its production and scientific base, and education. It's all Iran has-not only allows him to create their technology-other than nuclear. But they have all developed countries. As for the other countries is expensive. Thus if Iran will not change the vector of development - face problems which can not cope. Totalitarian States disintegrate as history has shown. In Iran lives of 25 million Turks. That is, during the economic problems they are inevitable-judging by the political course of the Iranian population would not support the power. Thus the leaders of Iran or not far-sighted or wants searching for its own benefit any... Iran must forget contradiction with the Western countries and to engage in dialogue. Or he will follow the path of China's - breadth.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:07 PM

66 posts, read 69,767 times
The countries of Central Asia, India, Turkey, Arab countries of Africa-could find a common language with the leaders of Iran. Depends on the development of the entire region, not only Iran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies