Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 10:17 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,028,018 times

Advertisements

The thread title says it all. Liberals were screaming from the rooftops to let Obama know that bombing Syria was not an acceptable option. Afterall, they say, what business do we have in Syria???

But what about all those countries that Barack Obama has dropped bombs on from invisible drones in the sky? What difference does it make if the bombs are dropped from a DRONE or lobbed from a NAVAL SHIP???

You ask what business do we have in Syria? Well, what business do we have in Yemen...Pakistan...Somalia...and elswhere?????

Liberal Hypocrisy™ on display, front and center, for all to see, and without an ounce of shame or embarassment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 10:55 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,848,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The thread title says it all. Liberals were screaming from the rooftops to let Obama know that bombing Syria was not an acceptable option. Afterall, they say, what business do we have in Syria???

But what about all those countries that Barack Obama has dropped bombs on from invisible drones in the sky? What difference does it make if the bombs are dropped from a DRONE or lobbed from a NAVAL SHIP???

You ask what business do we have in Syria? Well, what business do we have in Yemen...Pakistan...Somalia...and elswhere?????

Liberal Hypocrisyâ„¢ on display, front and center, for all to see, and without an ounce of shame or embarassment.
Con stupidity is displaying the fact that they do not understand that not people can be lumped together using labels, maybe all cons think alike (yeah right), but Liberals are made up of many different view points. The proof is that more than a few Liberals, including myself, supported the Presidents plan to get Assads attention, which by the way means the OP is based on the mistaken idea that what was posted was based on any real facts.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:55 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,539,101 times
That business would, of course, be our war against Al Qaida and allied groups, which was passed by congress and signed by GWB back in 2001.

Of course, there are quite a few liberals who also oppose this because DRONEZ!!! Personally, I'm more interested in hearing if they're effective rather than screeching about a weapons/surveillance platform.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Con stupidity is displaying the fact that they do not understand that not people can be lumped together using labels, maybe all cons think alike (yeah right), but Liberals are made up of many different view points. The proof is that more than a few Liberals, including myself, supported the Presidents plan to get Assads attention, which by the way means the OP is based on the mistaken idea that what was posted was based on any real facts.
So, do you support Obama's drone wars, or not? Do you support a military strike on Syria, or not? Don't skirt the question. Answer it without the hyperbole. If you can, that is.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
That business would, of course, be our war against Al Qaida and allied groups, which was passed by congress and signed by GWB back in 2001.

Of course, there are quite a few liberals who also oppose this because DRONEZ!!! Personally, I'm more interested in hearing if they're effective rather than screeching about a weapons/surveillance platform.
So now we blame GWB for Obama's foreign policy? Is that where you're going with this? That GWB used drones occasionally, so Obama is free and clear from the liberal standpoint?

Old 09-24-2013, 11:23 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,848,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
So, do you support Obama's drone wars, or not? Do you support a military strike on Syria, or not? Don't skirt the question. Answer it without the hyperbole. If you can, that is.
I have answered both questions long ago and many times, strange You would not know my stand.
Read slowly and let it sink in this time.
Do I support the military using an unmanned drone to take away the risks to pilots in airplanes, apsolutly. Do you prefer to put peoples lives at risk when it is not required, why do you hate pilots?

I support a military stike on Syria if they do not comply with the plan for them to turn over their chemical weapons, is your plan to stomp your feet and say No Fair!

Old 09-24-2013, 11:25 AM

44,980 posts, read 26,128,380 times
Quote:
I have answered both questions long ago and many times, strange You would not know my stand.
Read slowly and let it since in this time.
Do I support the military using an unmanned drone to take away the risks to pilots in airplanes, apsolutly. Do you prefer to put peoples lives at risk when it is not required, why do you hate pilots?

I support a military stike on Syria if they do not comply with the plan for them to turn over their chemical weapons, is your plan to stomp your feet and say No Fair!
So you support the killing of women and children in your crusade

Old 09-24-2013, 11:27 AM

20,867 posts, read 23,392,680 times
Quote:

His plan is to only support it if a republican is in office.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:28 AM

20,867 posts, read 23,392,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
So you support the killing of women and children in your crusade
Do you support terrorists killing civilians including women and children?

Old 09-24-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:

Again, you deflect. This is NOT about RISK to pilots or troops on the ground. This is about STRIKING countries with bombs that we **purportedly** don't have any "business" striking according to the liberal viewpoint. What business do we have in Yemen...Pakistan....Somalia...and beyond where we are engaging in strikes on a regular basis but which liberals....including you....refuse to raise your voice over. We heard the Syria uproar....where is the uproar over drone usage?

I should have known that you could not answer the question forthrightly. Par for the course Casper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies