Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 03:04 PM

167 posts, read 163,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Hmm its probably since some Conspiracy theories actually are proven true. A Conspiracy theory sometimes is a little fact and fiction but its the facts that government LIES to us I think makes Conspiracy theories worth a shot at reviewing.
Now if we didn't catch the government in lies and we all just believed whatever they said we would never find the truth. If we no longer are thinking human beings with the right to find our own answers then why not just give up on life now. FACT is government lies and if we really knew how much they lied to us we would all have to Question authority!

As I have said in a different reply, unless it can be proven the government is lying, we cannot say they are lying about something. And by proven, I mean hard facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 03:28 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,553,374 times
Possibly because cnn and our corporate controlled media today sucks.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:41 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,632,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomForMorsi View Post
How have conspiracy theories gotten so huge in the past few years? Is the general distrust of the government reaching a fever pitch and people are just making wild assumptions now? Do people believe these things because they are actually that stupid or they need something to talk about?
People believe conspiracy theories for many reasons, but I think it boils down a strong desire for there to be a secret society or group controling everything. This becomes even more desirable when I have the inside information on what is really going on.

I wouldn't call conspiracy theorists stupid even if they believe wacky stuff because we all susceptible. If I like a girl, and have a strong desire for her to like me back, I'm going to be inclined be believe her actions are signally that she does.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:56 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,553,374 times
Questioning mainscream controlled media stories is a good thing. Unless you prefer being brainwashed.

Amazon.com: Famous Cases of the FBI - What Really Happened to TWA Flight 800 eBook: Henry M. Holden: Kindle Store

This 4,000 word illustrated monograph descripes the events surrounding TWA Flight 800 a Boeing 747 which exploded and crashed into the Atlantic Ocean near East Moriches, New York, on July 17, 1996, at about 8:31 EDT, 12 minutes after takeoff from John F. Kennedy (JFK) International Airport. The initial speculation was that it was a terrorist attack using a missile or bomb. Just three weeks earlier, a bomb had killed 19 Americans in the Khobar Towers, in Saudi Arabia.
As the many small parts of TWA Flight 800 recovered suggested, it was a long and tedious job to reassemble the airliner. The catastrophic explosion ended the lives of all on board, 230 men, women and children.
The mysterious mid-air explosion of TWA Flight 800 some nine miles off Long Island led to a long and difficult investigation.
This monograph presents all conspiracy and other theories and conclusions.

Watch Shadows of Liberty Documentary Online Free

Old 09-24-2013, 04:00 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,053,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomForMorsi View Post
How have conspiracy theories gotten so huge in the past few years? Is the general distrust of the government reaching a fever pitch and people are just making wild assumptions now? Do people believe these things because they are actually that stupid or they need something to talk about?

Claiming the government did 9/11, Sandy Hook, Obama is a reptilian shape shifter/Muslim, etc. I just don't get it.
Two words "Glenn Beck"

Old 09-24-2013, 04:04 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,182,754 times
Could be that people have lost all faith in our Government. It used to be that people didn't know all the dirty deeds committed by the fed. Now it's like you can't make the stuff up that they get caught at. So people have just began to assume the worst. I mean they get caught lying when the truth would have served them best.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:28 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,053,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Could be that people have lost all faith in our Government. It used to be that people didn't know all the dirty deeds committed by the fed. Now it's like you can't make the stuff up that they get caught at. So people have just began to assume the worst. I mean they get caught lying when the truth would have served them best.
Around here we say that a liar "would rather stand on the roof and tell you a lie rather than stand on the ground and tell you the truth"...pretty much sums politicians up regardless of party.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:02 PM

8,996 posts, read 10,438,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
So people have just began to assume the worst.
And you know what happens when people "assume".

Just because the government lies sometimes, doesn't mean it is lying ALL the time. That's the logical leap that all too many conspiracy kooks love to make.

And the notion that some random nutbar with a YouTube channel is infallibly and unquestionably more authoritative and trustworthy than an entire news-gathering organization with thousands of reporters worldwide is -- how shall I put this nicely? -- fanciful.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:10 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,608,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
it looks like it's nothing new:

Book review: The United States of Paranoia | Obama Conspiracy TheoriesObama Conspiracy Theories

but i do believe that the internet has exacerbated the problem.
Social media...people, including the media, now report Twitter as if it were a reliable source.

People are paid to " seed" internet forums with misinformation. Some just do it because they can.

We have become a world of old gossiping women at the village well, on wash day.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:12 PM

27,534 posts, read 16,018,410 times
Who in their right mind wants a secret group controlling things? Some of the replies so far remind me of a carbon copy response you would recieve from a blowhard politician . The reason some folks ponder truth of conspiracy is because the garbage that is fed to the public as a whole seem preposterous. Seems most people like children enjoy a pat on the head and a spoon full of ****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies