Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 10:54 AM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The problem with videos like those, is they make assumptions with half understood science.

The AGW crowd does not understand what causes an El Nino, and yet they use the warm temps influenced by an El Nino as proof of man-made warming thru CO2. Scientists do not understand the mechanics of the Arctic ocean, and yet there too, they use any warming in the Arctic as more proof that man-induced CO2 is responsible.

The AGW crowd is basically Obama, claiming the average family's health care premiums will decrease by $2,500 a year, why, because he says so, that's why.
Good grief watch the videos..They are produced by the climate scientists...There are no assumptions, only facts explained in a clear and concise way......It is all explained simply enough so that anyone with half a brain should be able to understand, including the effects of El Nino. What does health care have to do with this topic? As I said climate change doesn't give a damn about politics....

The AGW crowd, as you call it is not Obama, it is global and the US is the only developed nation that still has a large number of people who lie and deny and twist the facts.... .Can you Americans not discuss anything without the left/right crap?

Old 10-28-2013, 10:59 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I will not address your post until you take the time to watch the series of videos I posted, so that you will at least know and understand what the science says about climate change and why it says you are wrong...Is your ego so big that you think you know more than the over 35,000 scientists world wide that have been studying the climate for decades...Let me know when you've done that.

The videos explain why the main causes are not natural, and factors that contribute to cooling as well as warming.
wrong, those videos explain how the scientists that created them THINK how the climate works. they are produced with a mindset that is narrow in its view point. they are looking at a small piece of the puzzle, but they are not seeing the whole picture, in fact NO ONE is, yet.

Quote:
How little you know.....Science is researching all possible causes of the current warming, natural and man made....You denialists often say that you have scientific evidence to support your claim that the current warming is natural, yet I have never seen this evidence...You either do not have it or are afraid to post it.

Why the hell is everything in the US political? In my opinion that's whats ruining a once great country.
you keep calling me a denialist, but you are doing the same thing the IPCC scientists are doing, looking at a small piece of the puzzle and proclaiming the whole. i am not a true denialist, and if you had really read ALL of my posts you would realize that. what i am is a realist, i need more than just one or two sources of "science" to come to a real conclusion. i dont fall victim to alarmists, like many do, just like i dont fall victim to those on the other side of total denial either. i look at the evidence on both sides, and i make up my own mind, and the evidence tells me that we dont have enough evidence to draw proper conclusions one way or the other right now.

and again there is plenty of evidence on both sides to support each others positions, but again you refuse to see that because you are in full alarmist mode and only accept one side of the equation. one day i hope that you will pull yourself from alarmist mode, and look at other evidence, and realize that we are not getting the whole story from any side of the debate, and until we do get the whole story, we cant draw any conclusions that are worth while.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
wrong, those videos explain how the scientists that created them THINK how the climate works. they are produced with a mindset that is narrow in its view point. they are looking at a small piece of the puzzle, but they are not seeing the whole picture, in fact NO ONE is, yet.

you keep calling me a denialist, but you are doing the same thing the IPCC scientists are doing, looking at a small piece of the puzzle and proclaiming the whole. i am not a true denialist, and if you had really read ALL of my posts you would realize that. what i am is a realist, i need more than just one or two sources of "science" to come to a real conclusion. i dont fall victim to alarmists, like many do, just like i dont fall victim to those on the other side of total denial either. i look at the evidence on both sides, and i make up my own mind, and the evidence tells me that we dont have enough evidence to draw proper conclusions one way or the other right now.

and again there is plenty of evidence on both sides to support each others positions, but again you refuse to see that because you are in full alarmist mode and only accept one side of the equation. one day i hope that you will pull yourself from alarmist mode, and look at other evidence, and realize that we are not getting the whole story from any side of the debate, and until we do get the whole story, we cant draw any conclusions that are worth while.
Amazing...You don't watch the videos, but still presume to know what they are about.....I'd look at other evidence if someone would present it...

There is no scientific controversy over this. Climate change denial is purely, 100 percent made-up political and corporate-sponsored crap. When the loudest voices are fossil-fuel funded think tanks, when they don’t publish in journals but instead write error-laden op-eds in partisan venues, when they have to manipulate the data to support their point, then what they’re doing isn’t science.

It’s nonsense. And worse, it’s dangerous nonsense. Because they’re fiddling with the data while the world burns. Climate Change Denial: Why don’t they publish scientific papers?

Old 10-28-2013, 12:37 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Amazing...You don't watch the videos, but still presume to know what they are about.....I'd look at other evidence if someone would present it...

There is no scientific controversy over this. Climate change denial is purely, 100 percent made-up political and corporate-sponsored crap. When the loudest voices are fossil-fuel funded think tanks, when they don’t publish in journals but instead write error-laden op-eds in partisan venues, when they have to manipulate the data to support their point, then what they’re doing isn’t science.

It’s nonsense. And worse, it’s dangerous nonsense. Because they’re fiddling with the data while the world burns. Climate Change Denial: Why don’t they publish scientific papers?
there you go again holding fast to a political ideaology and assuming that no one else has anything to add if they dont agree with your position. i am not asking you to change your position, per say, just look at other evidence that is out there, if you dont like what the non alarmists have posted here, then go look for other evidence yourself. i am betting that there are scientists that HAVE posted papers that disputed what the alarmist have claimed, but those papers were either rejected in so called peer review, or are buried somewhere because they dont toe the official line that the IPCC wants you to believe. right now this is all political, and there is just enough science being presented to sway the opinions of those that dont know or dont understand the science, and are too lazy to go get the real information themselves. until the puzzle is far more complete than it is today, i wont fully take one side or the other, i just dont buy into the alarmism where we have to do something right now, the problem there is what do we do, and what is the true end result. even the most hardcore alarmists will tell you that if we did everything that the politicians want us to do, and everything the alarmists want us to do, it would be one hundred years BEFORE any real results are seen, and those results would be minimal at best. so we destroy the worlds economies, for a small gain one hundred years down the road?

on the other hand, i dont buy into the denialists point of view either. i know there is climate change going on, it has been that way for four billion years. a few bits of reality that alarmists overlook or dismiss as the past, up until 2 million years ago, global temperatures were much higher than they are today. 2 million years ago the ice age cycles started, and every so often the polar caps would be loaded with ice, and then the ice would melt to the point where the northern polar cap would be GONE in the summer. in fact the last time that happened was 125,000 years ago. since then the north pole ice carp has returned, and has grown and shrank over the years.

you think i am being arrogant in suggesting that man has little to do with climate change, but the reality is that the alarmist are the ones being arrogant in suggesting that man has a huge effect on the climate.

in the end all i am saying is, lets back off and find out the whole picture, and stop with the stubborn bullcrap on both sides. if there is no flexibility, then there can be no real meeting of the minds to find the whole truth.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:37 PM

Evidence in favour of climate change is so strong, he said, that it could be compared to evidence linking smoking to cancer or evidence that the Moon Landing was not staged.Science in favour of climate change 'akin to evidence linking smoking to cancer' - Telegraph

This brings to mind that the most popular talking point of AGW skeptic is..."The climate has changed before, so the cause is natural" That is like saying people died of cancer before tobacco, so smoking doesn't cause cancer...Ironically the Heritage Foundation, the largest funder of the AGW skeptics was also one of the largest funders of the tobacco lobby.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:43 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
You have forgotten that 40 years ago these very same scammers (and it should not come as a surprise that these scammers are always liberal freaks) were screaming that the world was about to come to an end due to "Anthropological Global Cooling." A new ice-age was in our immediate future if we did not change our ways.
Source? In published scientific papers? A handful of scientific papers considering it don't count.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:08 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Source? In published scientific papers? A handful of scientific papers considering it don't count.
You are kidding me, right?

The media hype about "Anthropological Global Cooling" was just getting started by December 1973.

By 1977 the media hype was still in full swing.

However, by 1980 the media realized that the public had caught on to the liberal scam to increase the size and scope of government and were not buying it any longer. So they changed their tune and began predicting "Anthropological Global Warming" was going to end the world as we know it if we do not change our ways.

Now that the liberal freaks have once again been exposed for the scammers they are, they change their tune once again. This time it is "Anthropological Climate Change" that is going to cause the universe to implode if we do not change our ways.

Anyone who believes anything a liberal freak has to say was born yesterday, or is clearly not right in the head. As the adage goes, "there is no fixing stupid."

Old 10-29-2013, 06:29 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:

The media hype about "Anthropological Global Cooling" was just getting started by December 1973.
No, of course not. Say something, support it. Those are irrelevant, they're just media pieces. Not scientific articles. Did most scientists in the field think global cooling was a possibility or global warming? Or neither?

Old 10-29-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:

By 1977 the media hype was still in full swing.

However, by 1980 the media realized that the public had caught on to the liberal scam to increase the size and scope of government and were not buying it any longer. So they changed their tune and began predicting "Anthropological Global Warming" was going to end the world as we know it if we do not change our ways.

Now that the liberal freaks have once again been exposed for the scammers they are, they change their tune once again. This time it is "Anthropological Climate Change" that is going to cause the universe to implode if we do not change our ways.

Anyone who believes anything a liberal freak has to say was born yesterday, or is clearly not right in the head. As the adage goes, "there is no fixing stupid."
Another right wing talking point that is pure horse biscuits....

Old 10-29-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Another right wing talking point that is pure horse biscuits....
I'd find some of them more believable if they didn't make statements that are obviously false.

Thanks for the graph btw. Hardly a ringing endorsement of "global cooling".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies