Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 10:24 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Well you see there NO! FDR killed the gold std and didn't trust the people with money and made owning gold illegal. My family lost out on a lot of gold over his policy. FDR knew the japanese were going to bomb pearl and did nothing. He also declared the Union was in a state of emergency and we are still in IT! My Grandfather turned down a wedding invite to Jack and Jackie , refusing to rub elbows with 'Nazi Joe the booze and gun runner!'

JFK is no sweetheart either and he has been white washed with the rest of the Kennedy clan. You sort of score 50%, which is ok...... BTW still have that memo. But 2 semi quassi Democrats of all of them isn't a very good number.

And at that they were old school demo heads. These new ones are commies!

Just look at this one!
i think you missed my point mac, yes there are good democrats today, again FDR, truman, JFK, johnson, wilson. now what do all these democrats have in common today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 10:43 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
That's what I keep hearing from the right and gun advocates, speaking of the 2nd amendment.

So is not defaulting on our debts.

Why the moral outrage over one and not the other?
Because we have no intention of defaulting on our debts. Thus, no outrage is necessary. Now how about you answer the question instead of deflecting?

Old 09-26-2013, 01:14 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusnexus View Post
the new health care initiative scares the hell out of the hapless republicans because of its potential for enormous success. Face it, you pubs thought bush would make a fine president, so you don't have the judgment or instincts to declare something that you couldn't do, a failure. You lose....again.
lmao :d

Old 09-26-2013, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i think you missed my point mac, yes there are good democrats today, again FDR, truman, JFK, johnson, wilson. now what do all these democrats have in common today?
Except for wilson (because I'm not sure) ... Entitlement Program initiatives. Oh and they are all dead.

If I got that right, does that mean I don't have to buy health insurance or pay out the penalty tax. Because right now, that would be a real peachy deal.

PS: Just buy me a plane ticket out for here. I'll pick the country. That'll work.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 09-26-2013 at 01:23 AM.. Reason: ps

Old 09-26-2013, 02:06 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post

And ObamaCare will be a failure. Just wait and see.
What is your source on that, other than your gut feeling?

Old 09-26-2013, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
"Cash for Clunkers".

Old 09-26-2013, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
Well...

FDR took us into WW2
Truman took us into Korea
JFK & Johnson took us into Vietnam
Wilson took us into WW1

So getting us into war is one thing they had in common.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:34 AM

26,491 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
That's what I keep hearing from the left and progressive GOP, speaking of obamacare.....

So is border security.

Obama truly is the most disingenuous president of at least my lifetime.

"Obamacare is the law of the land and must be followed to the letter, but we can illegally add provisions and delays through the executive branch that otherwise don't exist." Obama himself refused to say where such provisions were located within the bill and how it is legal when a reporter dared asked our dear leader...they don't exist.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
They had to say the mandate wasn't a tax to sell it to the people, then say it was a tax to get the court to approve of it.

They said you'd be able to keep your existing plan, then mandated all sorts of changes to plans.

They put taxes in there on medical devices which discourages innovating new medical technologies.

They exempted themselves and their cronies from the plan.

They missed half of their deadlines so far in its implementation.

They counted 10 years of funding for only 6 years of benefits in their calculations.

They based their cost projections on 2010 numbers without accounting for the cost of new provisions coming online, which has caused the estimates of the cost to double so far.

They incentivize companies to cut peoples' hours by changing full time from 40 hours to 30 hours.

They removed verification of eligibility so people are free to apply for subsidies they don't really qualify for.

They aren't doing any extensive background checks on Obamacare advisors so people will be handing over their private medical information to officials who haven't been vetted.

They are talking about cutting doctor reimbursements if the doctors don't gather personal information on their patients and then turn it over to the government.

They haven't done anything to address frivolous lawsuits or interstate competition to lower costs

They promised that people would pay less for insurance under the act but premiums have risen instead

They have delayed the business mandate for a year without any authorization or vote to do so

So far Obamacare is not looking very good, and it has nothing to do with gut feelings. It has to do with it being sold to the people with lies, a shoddy implementation, and costs that are hundreds of billions of dollars higher than promised. When one of the authors of the bill calls it a trainwreck and the unions that supported it are now saying it will destroy the middle class work week, things don't look very good.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:18 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
That's what I keep hearing from the left and progressive GOP, speaking of obamacare.....

So is border security.

I think there would outrage if someone tried to pass a budget to defund border security, but since no one is doing that there is no need for outrage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies