Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 11:21 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
It's a Republican myth and a insult to minorities and half the country to suggest that they base their vote on getting "free stuff" or welfare. For the most part, they vote Democratic for a range of issues.

Only 12.8 million out of the 314 million people in the US receive welfare. In 2010, there were 61 million minorities in the US. 61% of those that are on welfare are minorities which is 7.8 million people out of 61 million minorities. In 2012, there were 197,828,022 registered voters, 126,000,000 actually voted, and Obama received approx. 66 million votes vs Romney's 58 million. Minorities are clearly voting on other issues that have nothing to do with welfare.
Answer the question..trickle down economics or trickle up poverty? which one works?

did I say they all just vote for welfare? that is not possible...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 11:37 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Answer the question..trickle down economics or trickle up poverty? which one works?

did I say they all just vote for welfare? that is not possible...
No, I made a statement to the effect that Republicans had to move a little left to gain votes from minorities. You then implied by bring up that Republicans can't "compete against free stuff." You suggested that minorities vote for Democrats to get free stuff, and Republicans could not compete...

I do not know and I'm sure that you do not either. Neither of us have went to school, studies, and/or held a job in that field. We can only pick a side, and then go with what they tell us. I know that the rich only 1% are getting richer while pays less percentage of their income in taxes, and the poor are getting poorer while some of them (only 4% of the entire US population) are getting more in welfare. We currently have a little of both and neither seem to work...

Old 09-25-2013, 11:56 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I think it is a tasteless thing to say, but then again, if democrats are not engaged and not voting, whose fault is that? I think the GOP should genuinely get credit for having an engaged base that votes.
Basically. It is a statement with some truth to it.

Non issue.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:32 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
So one man represents the mentality of all who are in the GOP?
So when Obama talked about small town americans clinging to our guns and our bibles he spoke for all democrats?
When dirty Harry told blatant lies on the Senate floor he represented all Democrats as blatant liars?
You're right, tinman. This is what the left does. They use the radical fringe element on the right to demonize that entire side and as you said they are hypocrites because of the examples you used of the liars and radicals on the left that they so embrace themselves.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:40 AM

Quote:
No the republicans need to offer a real alternative that does not include calling people lazy mooches who do not want to work. The Republicans seem to take the extreme wrought to dealing with issues that are important to minorities. They resort to insulting and belittling them, and the only alternative I've ever heard them suggest was to give more money to the rich in hopes that it trickles down to everyone else.
That's utter nonsense. The GOP has never called everyone on welfare lazy. They just point out the facts that those who are need to be cut off of welfare. None of us want to deny help to those who truly need it.

Why didn't you address the fact that I pointed out that the only way to gain the Hispanic vote is to reward their ethnic group for breaking our immigration laws? That isn't in the national interest. Should politicians placate them anyway for votes?

Old 09-26-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
It's a Republican myth and a insult to minorities and half the country to suggest that they base their vote on getting "free stuff" or welfare. For the most part, they vote Democratic for a range of issues.

Only 12.8 million out of the 314 million people in the US receive welfare. In 2010, there were 61 million minorities in the US. 61% of those that are on welfare are minorities which is 7.8 million people out of 61 million minorities. In 2012, there were 197,828,022 registered voters, 126,000,000 actually voted, and Obama received approx. 66 million votes vs Romney's 58 million. Minorities are clearly voting on other issues that have nothing to do with welfare.
What other issues?

Old 09-26-2013, 07:02 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
It's odd to see the radical fringe right claim that there is a more radical and more fringe element than they??? WOW that strikes fear.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:03 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
In a pure sense, yes. In a proportional sense, no. The GOP numbers with minorities are embarrassing for a national party hoping for power. And about every fourth post here implies minority voters are leeches and reprobates. Good luck with that.
The only time I see minorities referred to as leeches is when illegals are being talked about and others that think whites should pay their way.......guess people on the left don't mind handing out others money as long as it's not theirs. After all, the left is becoming the "disabled party"

Old 09-26-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
It's odd to see the radical fringe right claim that there is a more radical and more fringe element than they??? WOW that strikes fear.
Who said that? All we are saying is that there are radical fringe nutcases on both sides. Neither side should be using those elements as representative of the entire group. The left however does it a lot more than the right does, IMO.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:54 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Are you denying there is a radical fringe left?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies