Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 03:51 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,443,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No problem with voter registration, provided the individual can verify his or her identity. Insurance fraud is a reality and a problem.
I'm sure there is going to be a real epidemic of people buying insurance in other peoples' names and registering to vote while they're at it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 04:00 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
I'm sure there is going to be a real epidemic of people buying insurance in other peoples' names and registering to vote while they're at it!
Insurance fraud is an absolute reality. Look up the stats if you doubt it. When it comes to elections I think both parties have demonstrated that lying, cheating and deception is SOP.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:03 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,675 times
I wonder if the IRS will send a voters reg form with the $2500 tax bill citizens recieve for going to the DR with the sniffles

Old 09-25-2013, 04:07 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
There is insurance fraud today. Insurance companies don't pay claims when they detect it. Nothing has changed.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:30 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,443,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Insurance fraud is an absolute reality. Look up the stats if you doubt it. When it comes to elections I think both parties have demonstrated that lying, cheating and deception is SOP.
What did insurance fraud have to do with anything? We're taking about registering to vote when you buy insurance. Why would somebody buy insurance in somebody else's name in order to register to vote in their place?

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-27-2013, 12:35 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
He's not black. He's half white and half black. Get your racist talking points straight please.

All Obama is just another black man begging for change .

Old 09-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
They're afraid another black might win.
Most idiotic thing I've read all day

Old 09-27-2013, 01:00 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
First of all, you don't "sign up for Obamacare". Obamacare isn't a health insurance plan, it's a healthcare reform act that Congress passed.

Second of all, what exactly is wrong with people registering to vote when buying health insurance? You can register to vote when you get your driver's license. I guess conservatives oppose people registering to vote. Why? Is the right to vote not one of the rights you folks care about deeply?
One of the FEW accurate posts on this topic anywhere on this board.
Amazing that there even threads asking if people would sign up and even after having what you stated above pointed out to them they still continue to posts ignorant replies on the topic. I am begining to believe some are so uninformed on the topic that they believe it some sort of healthcare plan, nothing could be further from the truth. I have to renew or change my healthcare plan next month and after looking at what is avialable through the exchanges I can already see I am going to save money for the same or better coverage I have now, that I like.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:02 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
There is insurance fraud today. Insurance companies don't pay claims when they detect it.
Oh, they don't need evidence of fraudulent intent to rescind coverage. Just an insistence that you've failed to comply with one or another of their more-or-less arcane rules is quite enough. They've got stockholder's interests to protect, after all.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:05 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
They're afraid another black might win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
He's not black. He's half white and half black.
Gray?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies