Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-25-2013, 05:29 PM
 
15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
Reputation: 7693

Advertisements

Not to beat a dead horse but, just goes to show politics trumps scientists and concrete facts...

Scientists working on the most authoritative study on climate change were urged to cover up the fact that the world’s temperature hasn’t risen for the last 15 years, it is claimed.

A leaked copy of a United Nations report, compiled by hundreds of scientists, shows politicians in Belgium, Germany, Hungary and the United States raised concerns about the final draft.
Published next week, it is expected to address the fact that 1998 was the hottest year on record and world temperatures have not yet exceeded it, which scientists have so far struggled to explain.

Climate scientists told to 'cover up' the fact that the Earth's temperature hasn't risen for the last 15 years | Mail Online

Global warming 'hiatus' puts climate change scientists on the spot - latimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-25-2013, 08:07 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Reputation: 6509
To much money is dependent on global warming being true to let the truth come out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2013, 08:19 PM
 
14,021 posts, read 15,018,765 times
Reputation: 10466
What happened to 120 years of data? That's not long enough, do you know how old the earth is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2013, 09:01 PM
 
1,922 posts, read 1,745,481 times
Reputation: 798
It's all a scam run by progressives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2013, 09:41 PM
 
27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Reputation: 11095
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
To much money is dependent on global warming being true to let the truth come out.
But no money is dependent on getting fools to believe that there is no such thing as Climate Change

$67,042,064 TO GROUPS DENYING CLIMATE CHANGE
Koch Industries: Secretly Funding the Climate Denial Machine | Greenpeace


Exxon reports record profit of nearly $16 billion
Exxon reports profit of nearly $16 billion - Jul. 26, 2012
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2013, 09:47 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Reputation: 6509
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
But no money is dependent on getting fools to believe that there is no such thing as Climate Change

$67,042,064 TO GROUPS DENYING CLIMATE CHANGE
Koch Industries: Secretly Funding the Climate Denial Machine | Greenpeace


Exxon reports record profit of nearly $16 billion
Exxon reports profit of nearly $16 billion - Jul. 26, 2012
So how much was given to pro global warming groups? Oh look over 100 billion dollars. What is more 67 million or 100 billion?

According to the GAO, annual federal climate spending has increased from $4.6 billion in 2003 to $8.8 billion in 2010, amounting to $106.7 billion over that period
The Alarming Cost Of Climate Change Hysteria - Forbes

What is Exxon's profit margin?
Hint: It is less than apples
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2013, 02:43 AM
 
17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Not to beat a dead horse but, just goes to show politics trumps scientists and concrete facts...

Scientists working on the most authoritative study on climate change were urged to cover up the fact that the world’s temperature hasn’t risen for the last 15 years, it is claimed.

A leaked copy of a United Nations report, compiled by hundreds of scientists, shows politicians in Belgium, Germany, Hungary and the United States raised concerns about the final draft.
Published next week, it is expected to address the fact that 1998 was the hottest year on record and world temperatures have not yet exceeded it, which scientists have so far struggled to explain.

Climate scientists told to 'cover up' the fact that the Earth's temperature hasn't risen for the last 15 years | Mail Online

Global warming 'hiatus' puts climate change scientists on the spot - latimes.com
Actually you are beating a non-existent horse, knocking down a straw man argument and misrepresenting the facts. Well done!

By the way, 2005 and 2010 were hotter than 1998, and 10 of warmest years on record have occurred in the last 15 years.

Last edited by Ceist; 09-26-2013 at 03:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2013, 02:49 AM
 
17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Reputation: 4113







"Climate Change Reality"

Last edited by Ceist; 09-26-2013 at 02:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2013, 04:54 AM
 
8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
Reputation: 1578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
You cannot extrapolate THOUSANDS of years with a data set of THIRTY years. For somebody who zealously champions statistical analysis and computer models the fact that the same industry coined the phrase "garbage in, garbage out" going terribly lost on you...is puzzling

Except in this case it's "garbage in, gospel out"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2013, 06:21 AM
 
17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
You cannot extrapolate THOUSANDS of years with a data set of THIRTY years. For somebody who zealously champions statistical analysis and computer models the fact that the same industry coined the phrase "garbage in, garbage out" going terribly lost on you...is puzzling

Except in this case it's "garbage in, gospel out"
You're certainly the expert on GIGO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top