Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 09:52 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Did that make you feel better?

What else should we be giving people? How much more of my money should I have to give? What is going to happen when we have to start paying our debts?
Society should provide safety nets for needs. Healthcare is a need. people would die without it. and society needs to fund its availability to everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 09:56 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Good grief, I just don't know where do begin with this logic. If you have facts to back up your claims then please provide them. Then we can discuss this.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4v8--9R0I2Q

Old 09-25-2013, 09:58 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
It seems like the media in a sense is attempting to sell this as Universal Healthcare; I don't mind the law except for the simple fact that its a mandate. If one can't afford to put groceries on the table, how exactly will they be able to afford healthcare even with prices "as low as a cell phone bill" as I heard on MSNBC today. If they can't afford a cell phone and have an Obamaphone, then how will they pay for their healthcare that cost the same as a cell-phone?
No such thing as an Obama phone. Free phone service has been available to qualifying individuals for decades. No federal money is used to pay for it. Carriers can pay out of pocket ( yeah sure) or impose a tax on their customers phone bills.

If someone does not make enough to put groceries on their table, imagine what an accident or diagnosis of a major life threatening disease is going to do to them. ACA caps the cost of the premium.

It has been known all along that a small percentage of people will continue to remain uninsured because their income is too low for ACA and, dependent on their state, not qualified for Medicaid.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Society should provide safety nets for needs. Healthcare is a need. people would die without it. and society needs to fund its availability to everyone.
I need my mortgage paid, I will be waiting for donations.

We cannot afford to give everyone, everything, all the time.

What is the disincentive to be a failure? Every poor choice has a "safety net" stupid no longer hurts.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:03 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
When did we get on the topic of abortion? Stop trying to change the subject. I'm still waiting for an answer from you about these kids who work at Starbucks.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
That, and the vast majority of them honestly do not have well-developed critical thinking skills, which is the perfect playground for an accomplished liar.
Most people do not understand insurance which makes them highly vulnerable to manipulation with misinformation. The links posted on this forum and opinions are testimony to the vast amount of misinformation that has been out there by those who hate ACA.

There is only one seriously valid criticism of ACA. That is, how to pay for it, over the long haul.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:04 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
In 2003, Congress enacted Medicare Part D and forbad Medicare from negotiating the price of drugs. As a result, the government and its people pay more for prescription medications than is done anywhere else.

Big Pharma is one of the sacred cows of Congress.

As it relates to big business, so long as their group plans are ACA compliant and employees have choices, why would big business that chooses to offer group policies and subsidize them not be allowed to continue to do so? Am I missing something here?
Yes, because it makes the govt a great deal of money.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
When did we get on the topic of abortion? Stop trying to change the subject. I'm still waiting for an answer from you about these kids who work at Starbucks.
It is not about abortion, it is about how dumb college kids can be. You wanted proof, I posted proof.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I have a friend who had good health insurance.. As of Jan1 she loses it and will fall under the ACA.. For double the money she was paying, she will get what is in essence catastrophe coverage.. She and millions of americans who had good health insurance are losing it, in order to pay for a small percentage of people who did not have it, in many cases by their own choice. Yeah, that is now the american way. If you have something, I want it and I will take it away from you so I can have it and leave you with squat... Nice going libs. You have only changed the people who are uninsured, not reduced the numbers.
I am sorry to hear about your friend's situation. How did this come about? Were her hours cut back to part time or something else?

Old 09-25-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Obamacare has already reduced the number of uninsured people. We have less uninsured today that we did in 2007 and back then we had a 5% unemployment rate.
Given the exchanges will not open for business till 10/1, how is this possible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies