Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 06:35 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
The President, his famoliy and staff, Cngress and their staff, and over a million Federal employees in the Greater Washington area already have excellent health insurance and don't need to get insurance covered by ACA. In otherwords they already meet the requirment for US citizens to have at least basic health coverage.

As for the tax penalty that is not supposed to provide health care but to remind you that freeloading costs this nation billions of dollars a year. If you are one for those subborn jackasses who believe it is your god given right to freeload your tax penalty will help fill in some of the fiscal hole caused by your negligence and help fight the deficit!

??? Where is the negligence when someone carries catastrophic insurance and pays everyting else out of pocket?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 06:39 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL another Obamaspiracy.

So providing people cheaper health insurance so that they voluntarily choose it over their current insurance is a scheme? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

This is exactly what I mean when I write that conservatives don't care about policy outcomes.

conservatives continue to drift further and further away from reality.

??? Young adults face big premium increases under Obamacare. How is that providing people cheaper health insurance so that they voluntarily choose it over their current insurance?

Old 09-26-2013, 07:14 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Why should someone 'need to contribute' if they never go to the ER or if they carry catastrophic coverage and pay everything else out of pocket?
Not to mention that there are people who avoid the "health care" system like the plague that it is and never have, never will cost anyone else anything.

No one should have to contribute to a corrupt system that they take no part in.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:01 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
??? Young adults face big premium increases under Obamacare. How is that providing people cheaper health insurance so that they voluntarily choose it over their current insurance?
You need to read who I was responding to in context. I didn't write anything about young people in that post.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:32 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I understand your point. And you are right.

However, a mass of people will hop off of private insurance because it will be cheaper in 2014. They will hop on the insurance when they need care and the insurance companies will have to pay out.
See, here's the problem with that cunning plan: If something bad happens - say, you crash your car - while you're not covered, nobody but your own sorry self will be on the hook for the costs incurred. Nobody is offering retroactive insurance. And you can't hop on from one day to the other. So while you can't be denied coverage due to pre-existing issues, once the open enrollment timeframe rolls around, any medical costs you run up in the meantime is your own problem.

Hello, bankruptcy!

Old 09-27-2013, 06:39 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Neither are laws.

The FACT is that it will simply be ignored.
Oh good lord. Members of Congress ARE REQUIRED to go the Exchange. How many times must people post it?

Old 09-27-2013, 06:41 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Be warned. All libs/progs are in full attack mode on Obamacare. If you have the audacity to point out any of Obamacare's shortcomings you will be personally flamed and have every possible lie and distortion thrown at you. So brace yourself for the festivities.
The liberals are also only supporting Obamacare because President Obama signed it.

Had this been Mitt Romney's law, they would be the most loudest critics, but since "The One" can do no wrong, they will follow in lockstep like good little O-bots, and defend this disastrous piece of legislation without thinking.

Old 09-27-2013, 07:00 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The liberals are also only supporting Obamacare because President Obama signed it.

Had this been Mitt Romney's law, they would be the most loudest critics, but since "The One" can do no wrong, they will follow in lockstep like good little O-bots, and defend this disastrous piece of legislation without thinking.
What about people who think the Romney plan was a good one for Massachusetts, and that Obama showed good sense in adopting it for the country as a whole?

Hey. As far as I'm concerned, this whole controversy has nothing to do with "liberals" or "conservatives." The only question that needs answering is: How much longer could our country have continued with the current system, which put many families in America one serious illness away from bankruptcy?

I consider myself a social and political conservative. But I have a family member with cancer, and no insurance company would insure her. Under the ACA, she'll finally be able to get the coverage she needs. You see, the current system is designed to protect insurance corporations and their stockholders, and expose people like you and me to unacceptable levels of fear and worry, as well as the liquidation of all of our assets to cover astronomical medical expenses.

Am I a "liberal O-bot"? No way. I'm a Vietnam combat vet who voted for John McCain and Mitt Romney. Do I defend this legislation? Hell yes. Because this is not about politics. It's just good sense -- and way overdue for a country as rich as the USA.

Old 09-27-2013, 07:06 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

And the conservatives are only rejecting Obamacare because President Obama signed it.

See how that works?

Had this been Mitt Romney's law - RWNJ's would be the loudest supporters! They would be shouting from the rooftops how wonderful Obamcare is!

Old 09-27-2013, 07:13 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
How does fining someone for not having healthcare enable them to purchase healthcare if they now have even less money because they had to pay the fine?

Furthermore if Obamacare is so great then why are members of Congress, the President, First Family, etc exempt?
It a law. No one is exempt.

Read the Law | HHS.gov/healthcare
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies