Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 06:49 PM

3,462 posts, read 3,157,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
There are still a HUGE number of women in the world who get mutilated as a matter of practice. Circumcision has valid arguments in both directions, and certainly, the results are not horrible mutilation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post

I'm not even sure why this needs discussion. Anyone who mutilates another person in ANY fashion is a monster.

There are no valid scientifically proven advantages to the routine circumcision of males in developed countries There are a multitude of bogus studies however,that prove nothing when those studies (and their "data") are evaluated on a scientific statistical basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 06:53 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,182,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Because we don't really do the whole eye-for-an-eye thing here in civilized society. If you break someone's arm in a fight, you don't get your arm broken in return. You get arrested, you get a hearing or a trial and a judge determines your punishment. I guarantee, the judge won't order for you to have your own arm broken.
"Eye for an eye" was not meant to be interpreted literally. It means that punishment should fit the crime.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:56 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,749,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post

There are no valid scientifically proven advantages to the routine circumcision of males in developed countries There are a multitude of bogus studies however,that prove nothing when those studies (and their "data") are evaluated on a scientific statistical basis.
You're right and most men in European countries do not do this to their male babies... If parents were to cut or snip anything off of the genital of female babies, then they would have outlawed that a long time ago.... I can not fathom why parents believe that it's ok tomutilated babies.. It's there bodies and they should have a say so......

Old 09-26-2013, 07:00 PM

My ex wife wanted to circumcised our so until i forced her to watch a video of what would be done to our baby and made her do her own research on how unnecessary it is. The video alone was enough to changeher mind...

Old 09-26-2013, 07:02 PM

577 posts, read 508,954 times
There shouldn't even be a comparison to female/male circumcision. What is done to females is a permanently damaging act, and even in the best case senario her ability to derive pleasure is gone forever, and in worst case senarios she faces a lifetime of pain, inability to bare children or death from infection.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:11 PM

24,261 posts, read 14,106,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data-Lover View Post

And I think why not ? Why should we let those women get away with it? Would any woman be laughing at cases of male castration again knowing there is such a clear-cut punishment (circumcision)?
So laughing about something is deserving of punishment now?
What do we get to do to males that laugh at a girl that has been raped?

Old 09-26-2013, 07:17 PM

15,084 posts, read 14,248,412 times
Quote:
Any boy/man in the US who was circumcized as an infant outside of a religious requirement should sue whoever signed the papers approving the mutilation of your genitals without your consent. Think its funny? Soon to come. Parents...if you had your male baby circ'd be prepared. One sucessful case (very likey, and soon) and all of ya will have your savings wiped out - and half of it will go in a lawyers pocket.. Leave the kid's winky alone - for your own good, if for no other reason!
My son thanked me profusely for having it done as an infant. He said he's very happy he was snipped and told me he never would have had the guts to go through it as an adult.

You're very welcome, my child.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:22 PM

16,844 posts, read 10,471,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
My son thanked me profusely for having it done as an infant. He said he's very happy he was snipped and told me he never would have had the guts to go through it as an adult.

I agree. It's extraordinarily painful to have it done as an adult and has many, many more health risk. Many people need to have it done as an adult because the foreskin is prone to infection, especially in diabetics.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post

What if he didn't want it done?? How could you have possiblely known either way?

Old 09-26-2013, 07:23 PM

16,844 posts, read 10,471,269 times
Quote:
Any boy/man in the US who was circumcized as an infant outside of a religious requirement should sue whoever signed the papers approving the mutilation of your genitals without your consent. Think its funny? Soon to come. Parents...if you had your male baby circ'd be prepared. One sucessful case (very likey, and soon) and all of ya will have your savings wiped out - and half of it will go in a lawyers pocket.. Leave the kid's winky alone - for your own good, if for no other reason!
Good luck with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies