Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 10:59 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times

Advertisements

Well I guess in reality Obama isn't doing anything the internet is. So if you don't understand what's going on Obama can blame the internet just like he sets up anybody, everybody and everything for all his failures as a CIC. What a fukkin joke this clown is. Better late than never I guess right? LOL. Pathetic. He of course has his "shutdown the internet" exec order if folks get upset so all is well in liberal la la land I guess.

"WASHINGTON — For years, President Obama's healthcare law has been praised, excoriated, legally challenged, upheld as constitutional and debated some more. Now, with its online insurance marketplaces days from opening for business, the White House is focused on a task that many of the law's supporters complain is overdue: explaining it.
On Thursday, the president debuted a healthcare primer in a speech meant to convince young, uninsured Americans that they will find insurance coverage to suit their budgets.
The speech was laced with political jabs at congressional Republicans who want to gut or delay the program, but mostly it was a direct plea to Americans to give the new virtual marketplace a try when the six-month enrollment period opens Tuesday.
"This is real simple," Obama told the crowd at a community college in Largo, Md. "It's a website where you can compare and purchase affordable health insurance plans side by side, the same way you shop for a plane ticket on Kayak, same way you shop for a TV on Amazon."

Years after signing it into law, Obama explains Obamacare to public - latimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 11:08 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,136,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well I guess in reality Obama isn't doing anything the internet is. So if you don't understand what's going on Obama can blame the internet just like he sets up anybody, everybody and everything for all his failures as a CIC. What a fukkin joke this clown is. Better late than never I guess right? LOL. Pathetic. He of course has his "shutdown the internet" exec order if folks get upset so all is well in liberal la la land I guess.

"WASHINGTON — For years, President Obama's healthcare law has been praised, excoriated, legally challenged, upheld as constitutional and debated some more. Now, with its online insurance marketplaces days from opening for business, the White House is focused on a task that many of the law's supporters complain is overdue: explaining it.
On Thursday, the president debuted a healthcare primer in a speech meant to convince young, uninsured Americans that they will find insurance coverage to suit their budgets.
The speech was laced with political jabs at congressional Republicans who want to gut or delay the program, but mostly it was a direct plea to Americans to give the new virtual marketplace a try when the six-month enrollment period opens Tuesday.
"This is real simple," Obama told the crowd at a community college in Largo, Md. "It's a website where you can compare and purchase affordable health insurance plans side by side, the same way you shop for a plane ticket on Kayak, same way you shop for a TV on Amazon."

Years after signing it into law, Obama explains Obamacare to public - latimes.com
Well, like superhag Pelosi said, "you need to pass it to see what's in it".

Old 09-26-2013, 11:18 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
It is quite amazing and these clowns are still running around trying to "sell" it which is the pathetic part and trying to blame the "evil" republicans for wanting to kill folks and on and on. It's a gdam joke.

Old 09-27-2013, 05:56 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default Years after signing it into law, Obama explains Obamacare to public

And the angry irrational haters continue to make up stories about how it will ruin America.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:23 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,419,563 times
I love how he dumbs down his speeches to the general public especially younger people. "The Tea Party is preventing us from paying our bills with a government shutdown. And the right just doesnt like our new healthcare law."

Old 09-27-2013, 06:38 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
And the angry irrational haters continue to make up stories about how it will ruin America.

No one needs to make anything up.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post31573964

Want to make something up? Tell everyone how getting their hours cut, or paying so much more for their insurance is benefiting them. I am sure some of your stories of how it's all haters making this all up will make them feel better.....

Old 09-27-2013, 02:09 PM

3,838 posts, read 3,064,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
I love how he dumbs down his speeches to the general public especially younger people. "The Tea Party is preventing us from paying our bills with a government shutdown. And the right just doesnt like our new healthcare law."
That's why Zero likes to give speeches at colleges where the liberal Zero worship kids just suck
in every one of his lies and never questions anything he has to say.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:13 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,966,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Well, like superhag Pelosi said, "you need to pass it to see what's in it".
The funny part is, there were several websites LONG before Obamacare was even a glint the lobbyist's eyes, that let you do precisely that.

I can see why Obama thinking that spending oodles of millions of taxpayer dollars to reinvent the wheel is a good thing. It keeps paychecks coming to the cronies.

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post

The fact that the crux of the ACA is now starting to roll out and people's attention span being what it is, I'd say the timing is just about right.

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Did he explain why if it's so wonderful that they have to force people to sign up for it?

A really good program would only have to be offered, people would see how great it is and run and sign up. Like 401k plans, no one forces anyone to sign up but many people voluntarily do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies