Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 09:51 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,150,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
when so many people are being exempt from it? Where is the money going to come from?
If you look up toward the Big Dipper, and then over near the middle star in the Belt of Orion, and then down toward the horizon, you'll see a little patch of Dark Matter......it will be coming from there...maybe in about 17 Light Years from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Now they will be able to.
And who is paying for it?

[quote=ahzzie;31573784] The contempt that people like you show to your fellow human beings is what makes it so easy to beat a conservative in elections these days.

It has nothing to do with contempt and everything to do with Common Sense, which so many are lacking.

I would suggest we follow the example set by Jesus the Christ.

Did he raise all of the dead people? No, he only raised Lazarus from the dead.

Did Jesus heal all of the sick, blind, deaf and lame? No, he only healed a few.

See....the Laws of Economics applies to everything and everyone....even Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I say keep it up. You are only furthering our cause.
Which is what, exactly, civil war?

Just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Liberals are like heroin addicts. Once the needle of entitlements enters their arm they can't get enough. They enter a world of denial and blame. Always looking for the next fix regardless of the cost.
Wow, awesome. I could not have said it better myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So people who were denied coverage because of preexisting conditions are thrown under the bus once again because you think that this is just another entitlement
Your position is what we call conservative, narrow-minded, parochial, etc etc etc.

Your health care system vis-a-vis health plan coverage in the US is a total freaking nightmare disaster.

It did not become that way over-night; it took 80 years to screw up your system of health plan coverage, and the sole entity responsible...

....that would be the American Hospital Association.

So how smart was it to let the American Hospital Association write most of Obamacare?

That was really stupid.

Obamacare is not the answer, and neither is any power-play-grab for total control of health care, which is what the American Hospital Association wants.

The Free Market approach to health plan coverage worked.....and it worked beautifully right up to the point the American Hospital Association messed it up, which just happened to be in 1933.

And what happened?

The American Hospital Association started interfering in health plan coverages....which caused the costs to rise.

There are many alternatives to Obamacare....and no, Romneycare is not an alternative either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
holy **** on a shingle....people change jobs, loose insurance, etc etc. What the hell are you thinking? Never mind, you aren't thinking.
I might ask you the same question.

How did your health care end up with employers in the first place.....tell the truth...all of it.

Not even amused...

Mircea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 09:55 PM

981 posts, read 898,834 times
there are a laundry list of public (primarily unions, teamsters being one of the largest) and private sector companies that have been granted exemptions, just search it you'll see the list. not to mention congress just voted themselves a subsidy to cover their costs. i wish i had that option. either we are ALL in or not. wait, wasnt this supposed to be fair?!?

Old 09-27-2013, 09:56 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,716,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
The tax payers will pay for it, we have already been paying for it. Since mandatory funding was written into the law, there are already billions just sitting there to implement Obamacare . It was all quite sneaky, not to mention dirty.
Of course we are already paying 644 billion per year for Medicare, Tricare, and VA care. The ACA is 100 billion at most. I guess we should just get rid of all of them? Oh just the ones that you aren't on...

Old 09-27-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaucka View Post
there are a laundry list of public (primarily unions, teamsters being one of the largest) and private sector companies that have been granted exemptions, just search it you'll see the list. not to mention congress just voted themselves a subsidy to cover their costs. i wish i had that option. either we are ALL in or not. wait, wasnt this supposed to be fair?!?

Are you really on the ACA?? If so tell us which state, which insurer, and how much your monthly premium will be. You sound like another Republican on a gubbermint plan like Medicare. Did you know the gubbermint spends about $10,000 for each Medicare recipient? With ACA its more like $$2300-$3300 but since its new we don't know the cost.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:03 PM

20,123 posts, read 16,142,906 times
Just who is going to pay for Obamacare----

I will be one of the ones paying. I am part of the shrinking 53%. More and more I am seeing the appeal of being part of the 47%.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:07 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post

I will be one of the ones paying. I am part of the shrinking 53%. More and more I am seeing the appeal of being part of the 47%.
I agree, some times I feel like a sucker for working.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:

The 53% barely pay anything for ACA. You will pay at least 10 times more for Medicare, Tricare, and VA care. Matter of fact the taxes don't even come out of your federal taxes but some body elses through taxes that were passed to support the ACA. Medicare depends on 300 billion of general revenue while the ACA has its own revenue stream. A better question is who is paying for your Medicare, Tricare, or VA if you are on one of those programs.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:11 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
If you look up toward the Big Dipper, and then over near the middle star in the Belt of Orion, and then down toward the horizon, you'll see a little patch of Dark Matter......it will be coming from there...maybe in about 17 Light Years from now.
You sure about that?

Last I heard it's supposed to come from Uranus!

(Let's get all the laughs we can now .. Reality is going to come soon enough!)

Old 09-27-2013, 10:12 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,023 times
Quote:

I want to get into the 53% but it just might not be worth it seeing all you get is tax more. Yea i am in the 47% but i will not take any hands out there too much like a drug that hard to get off of. I will just keep working and finish school .

Old 09-27-2013, 10:13 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,854,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
when so many people are being exempt from it? Where is the money going to come from? I say don't exempt anyone, not even the politicians. How will it work when no one is paying into the pot in the first place?
you really don't understand what the ACA is, do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies