Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2013, 08:04 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
No, they do not. "If" they give a pre-approval then maybe, I'd guess it depends on the reimbursement rate.

No, Mayo just doesn't accept any medicare insurance due to rates which I believe are much less than standard insurance reimbursement rates. I was also informed they are particularly against the interference with respect to treatments that will begin next year and can exist within medicare now.

Gee, I guess I must be stupid to link actions to reactions. Mayo reacted to changes made to the way they were paid AND it seems 3rd parties interfering with how they treat their patients.
So let's back this up a bit, had the rates not changed and had those that wish to dictate how doctors treat their patients actually minded their own business Mayo would not have done what they did.
Classic "with every action there's an equal and opposite reaction".
So you just keep on pushing for these actions and we'll just keep suffering the reaction.
Your comments about the Mayo didn't sound right to me, so I thought I'd check.

Medicare information for Mayo Clinic in Arizona

Mayo does accept Medicare, they just don't accept the Medicare rate as payment in full. So if you have Medicare, and you have a procedure done at the Mayo, Mayo will charge the Mayo rate. So if Mayo's rate for a procedure is $1200, and Medicare says the procedure should cost $1000, and Medicare pays $800, ostensibly leaving you with @20% of the bill, Mayo's bill will reflect Mayo's rate of $1200, and expect you to pay the remaining $400.00. Since the healthcare policies being sold on the healthcare exchanges are private insurance policies, I can't think of any reason why the Mayo would refuse any ACA policies. How would they even know you purchased the policy on the exchange versus on the open insurance market?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 08:51 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
No I'm not, but I know that right-wingers have duped many people into parroting such nonsense as a scare tactic, cynically aimed at evoking vacuous fear in the weak-minded casual observers around the periphery.

By your anti-American "logic" these are words of "communism":
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
Next time, try looking beyond individual words that you've been trained to react in a visceral manner and work to understand the meaning of the statement you're reading. Otherwise, be prepared to yet-again have your comments clearly labels as anti-American, since that is what they are.

It never ceases to amaze me just how much impact the right-wing war against civil responsibility and social conscience has had - how much they've defiled the American value of making decisions together, through our republic's democratic processes, for the good of the nation.

No, not stupid: It is inanely partisan political to blame a private company's decision on anyone other than that company.

I wonder if you'd be willing to trade the hardship of living as an American who extracts substantial wealth from society's economy with the hardships of living as a member of the working poor, or the chronically underemployed, or those structurally impeded from rising out of poverty. Of course, the answer is you wouldn't give up your light hardship for the more weighty hardships, so the real question is whether you'll even allow yourself to understand and accept that many people, as good and worthy as you, are subject to substantially greater hardships that are partially alleviated by this thing you continually complain about.
From before this nation was started life was hardship, why is it so surprising to you that it still is for some?
Not long ago the majority of people living here got up before dawn and WORKED until dark planting crops,running cows, growing and harvesting fruit,nuts etc. without health insurance or any other help except for protection provided by and for the nation as a whole.
There were always levels of wealth and prosperity as well as those that wanted to take what others had made either by force or coercion. You had landowners, sharecroppers bums and drunks just like we do now it's just moved from agriculture to manufacturing then to service/tech.

Now along comes Obama and supporters who want to make being unproductive as comfortable as possible and the ACA is just one component of that ideology. I'm not talking about people who for medical reasons can't produce by the way but those that just don't want to WORK to get ahead.
What's changed?

Old 10-11-2013, 09:17 AM

3 posts, read 1,980 times
"Those who prioritize of their own desire to acquire material things over their practice of decency."

But those who demand of others ignore decency, civility, law, and promote division.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:26 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,484 times
Why do we have to bring down so many to uplift so few?

Old 10-11-2013, 09:28 AM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Default The Glitches Continue (And I Don't Care)

Gee, everybody, how's that Obamacare website going now? Wonder if anybody's actually gotten online? Just glitches, or is this whole thing a scam? Will all these gullible (Un)ACA "applicants" ever get their help online? My guess is, "No". Americans are continuing to be ripped off.

What a joke this travesty has become.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:07 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
No I'm not, but I know that right-wingers have duped many people into parroting such nonsense as a scare tactic, cynically aimed at evoking vacuous fear in the weak-minded casual observers around the periphery.

By your anti-American "logic" these are words of "communism":
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
Next time, try looking beyond individual words that you've been trained to react in a visceral manner and work to understand the meaning of the statement you're reading. Otherwise, be prepared to yet-again have your comments clearly labels as anti-American, since that is what they are.

It never ceases to amaze me just how much impact the right-wing war against civil responsibility and social conscience has had - how much they've defiled the American value of making decisions together, through our republic's democratic processes, for the good of the nation.

No, not stupid: It is inanely partisan political to blame a private company's decision on anyone other than that company.

I wonder if you'd be willing to trade the hardship of living as an American who extracts substantial wealth from society's economy with the hardships of living as a member of the working poor, or the chronically underemployed, or those structurally impeded from rising out of poverty. Of course, the answer is you wouldn't give up your light hardship for the more weighty hardships, so the real question is whether you'll even allow yourself to understand and accept that many people, as good and worthy as you, are subject to substantially greater hardships that are partially alleviated by this thing you continually complain about.
Forcing these things, by taking from one group by force, and giving to another that has not earned it, is indeed communism. Making everyone collectively equal in outcome is communism.

Everyone in this country has the same opportunity. THAT is all anyone is guaranteed. To take my property, to give to someone else because they've failed to take that opportunity IS wrong. And very, very anti-American.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:15 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
From before this nation was started life was hardship, why is it so surprising to you that it still is for some?
I never said it was surprising to me. Why are you making things up? Don't you have anything to say on the merits, based on what I wrote, without making up nonsense to argue against? Or is it that you don't have anything legitimate to say in response to what I wrote, so you decided as a result to make something up to argue against? How about this: Reply to what I wrote, not some craven corruption of it that is easier to argue against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Forcing these things, by taking from one group by force, and giving to another that has not earned it, is indeed communism.
Good thing that that's not what we're doing. Denying the reality of America's hybrid economy just shows that you're not really interested in addressing the matter with legitimacy.

Quote:
Making everyone collectively equal in outcome is communism.
Again, good thing that that's not what we're doing. Instead, we're respecting the bounds of decency. Why not join us?

What is it with ACA objectors refusing to address themselves to what ACA is instead of some perversely ridiculous corruption of it?

Old 10-11-2013, 10:22 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Forcing these things, by taking from one group by force, and giving to another that has not earned it, is indeed communism. Making everyone collectively equal in outcome is communism.

Everyone in this country has the same opportunity. THAT is all anyone is guaranteed. To take my property, to give to someone else because they've failed to take that opportunity IS wrong. And very, very anti-American.
Some people see through a very negative lens. Many are raised that way. Look at the parents and that is how the children will turn out unless the kids do something different.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:23 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
I never said it was surprising to me. Why are you making things up? Don't you have anything to say on the merits, based on what I wrote, without making up nonsense to argue against? Or is it that you don't have anything legitimate to say in response to what I wrote, so you decided as a result to make something up to argue against? How about this: Reply to what I wrote, not some craven corruption of it that is easier to argue against.

Good thing that that's not what we're doing. Denying the reality of America's hybrid economy just shows that you're not really interested in addressing the matter with legitimacy.

Again, good thing that that's not what we're doing. Instead, we're respecting the bounds of decency. Why not join us?

What is it with ACA objectors refusing to address themselves to what ACA is instead of some perversely ridiculous corruption of it?
Let me take something of yours or give me your money and lets see how you see it then

Old 10-11-2013, 10:31 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom5 View Post
"Those who prioritize of their own desire to acquire material things over their practice of decency."

But those who demand of others ignore decency, civility, law, and promote division.
Yes, it's interesting to note that while liberals hate conservatives for their greed and selfishness, the liberals' own compassion never actually costs them anything. They want to lower the deficit by cutting the military budget, not any of their own programs. It's a known fact that their own donations to charity are less than conservatives'. The taxes they want to raise are only on the rich. The corporate welfare they rail against is only that benefiting those industries they don't like.

They are as selfish and greedy as the conservatives they complain about, they just hide behind rhetoric of being for the welfare of the common man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies