Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2013, 06:09 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
And let me know when you realize/care that tax cuts like Romney's will bring our national debt to 150%-to-GDP, and it will cause our government to cut huge numbers of programs.

And you said our debt was not cut since Carter. But if you would have read my sources you would know Clinton cut our debt in 2000.

http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm

Look for the green numbers and negative signs in the above source in the year 2000, but I doubt you understand what those things mean.

Chad.
Either you didn't include me giving the discount to Clinton earlier or I didn't clarify it enough. I admit under Clinton, we had surplus. I am not fighting that fact at all.

Last edited by mkpunk; 09-27-2013 at 06:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 06:21 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
Yep....McCain and Romney sure were RWNJ's....
I wasn't talking about McCain and Romney. I'm talking about your NEW crop.

Palin, though, was and is a LOON

Old 09-27-2013, 06:33 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Aren't you of the mindset that the government is not here to solve your problems?

What changed?
It shouldn't cause them, either.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:40 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Either you didn't include me giving the discount to Clinton earlier or I didn't clarify it enough. I admit under Clinton, we had surplus. I am not fighting that fact at all.

Either way, thank you for treating me like an idiot.
I deleted my last post. And I apologize if I offended you, and for the record you are not an idiot.

Have a nice night,
Chad.

Old 09-27-2013, 07:30 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Glad you brought it up.

USA Today: Household net worth jumps $1.3 trillion

Thanks Obama!
Ahhh.................... yes.............................. MTA to supply us with misleading and outright fraudulent "statistics" designed to deceive and show that "the leader" is doing good for everyone! Is your real name Goebbels, by the way?

The top 5% of Americans have seen increases in personal wealth (I certainly have). However 95% of Americans have seen DECLINES IN INCOME AND PERSONAL WEALTH!A Rise in Wealth for the Wealthy; Declines for the Lower 93% | Pew Social & Demographic Trends

MTA is a mouthpiece for Obama and does not give a damn about the welfare of the average American. What MTA and other liberals are concerned about is promoting Obama and liberal policy AT THE EXPENSE OF THE AVERAGE AMERICAN.

The facts don't lie- Obama has been an economic disaster for the nation as an aggregate, and particularly for the middle class.

Old 09-27-2013, 07:36 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Funny you choose to ignore what the boy king said back then and prefer to deflect instead.

He complained and voted against raising it when the debt increased a mere $3.5 trillion.

Things change. We weren't even worried about that back then because Republicans had full employment, our credit rating wasn't downgraded, people were doing well, welfare and food stamps hadn't tripled, and the debt wasn't unsustainable under their leadership.

Obama now ADMITS it was just politics.........

Annotating Obama

Posted with TapaTalk
This is like bragging about how comfortable and smooth the ride on the Titanic was right before the whole iceberg thing. You're probably not even aware that 2006 was the peak year of the housing bubble, huh? Guess what happened in 2007.

Bush and the Republicans were an unprecedented disaster. Two wars AND tax cuts? Obama was essentially handed a depression by the Cons. It he gets it all back to normal within 8 years, consider it a miracle and an amazing accomplishment.

Btw, repeatedly calling our president a "boy king" is flat out racist and disgraceful.

Old 09-27-2013, 07:43 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
This is like bragging about how comfortable and smooth the ride on the Titanic was right before the whole iceberg thing.

Repeatedly calling our president a "boy king" is flat out racist and disgraceful.
....................and what caused "the ship to sink"? Liberal policy.

1. Liberals started the policy of banning "red lining"

2. Liberal policy demanded that Fannie and Freddie finance home loans to unqualified borrowers

3. Frank and Dodd defended Fannie and Freddie, as they were receiving campaign cash from them

4. Clinton repealed Glass-Steagle

5. A "toxic stew" of bad assets was created by liberal policy to feed to the banks, like "chum" to sharks

6. Oddly, George Bush, who LIBS blame for the financial meltdown, was one of the few who warned of the impending disaster.

Liberalism has always, and will always, create financial disasters, as it is based in irrational emotional principles which defy rational thought and logic.

I am so tired of you crazy libs using the word "racist". It has simply lost any meaning or power whatsoever and now means anyone who opposes far left liberal policy and has nothing to do with race.

Sooo.............................................. back to my ORIGINAL QUESTION, 13 PAGES AGO. WHAT DO LIBERALS ACTUALLY PROPOSE FOR 2016, AFTER EIGHT YEARS OF FAILURE, TO REVERSE THE TREND OF HIGHER UNEMPLOYMENT, LOWER WAGES, FEWER HOURS, AND LOWER LIVING STANDARDS????????

YOU WILL HAVE HAD EIGHT YEARS AND FAILED MISERABLY. DO YOU SIMPLY WANT FOUR MORE YEARS OF THE SAME FAILED POLICIES, OR ARE THERE ACTUALLY ANY LIBERAL "SOLUTIONS" TO STIMULATE JOB GROWTH AND PROMOTE HIGHER INCOMES????

SO FAR, NO LIBERAL HAS OFFERED ANYTHING. This is, unfortunately, what America has to "look forward to". Liberals, via their ineptitude and incompetence, are sewing the seeds of insurrection. Free people will not accept disasterous economic "plans" foisted upon them for long. Perhaps libs need to read history and understand how these situations eventually unfold.

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 09-27-2013 at 07:52 PM..

Old 09-27-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
I deleted my last post. And I apologize if I offended you, and for the record you are not an idiot.

Have a nice night,
Chad.
I deleted the last part too. I think I went too far with that "idiot" comment.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Glad you brought it up.

USA Today: Household net worth jumps $1.3 trillion

Quote:
U.S. household net worth rose 1.8% in the second quarter to a record $74.8 trillion, fueled by a stock market rally and the housing recovery, the Federal Reserve said Wednesday.

Household net worth — the difference between the value of assets like homes and mortgages and other debts — jumped by a total $1.3 trillion. Home values increased by $525 billion and the value of stocks and mutual funds rose nearly $300 billion.
Thanks Obama!
One question, where does income play in? Let's remember wages are rather stagnant while the stock market and housing numbers are on par with pre-recession if not a little better.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:36 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Funny you choose to ignore what the boy king said back then and prefer to deflect instead.

He complained and voted against raising it when the debt increased a mere $3.5 trillion.

Things change. We weren't even worried about that back then because Republicans had full employment, our credit rating wasn't downgraded, people were doing well, welfare and food stamps hadn't tripled, and the debt wasn't unsustainable under their leadership.

Obama now ADMITS it was just politics.........

Annotating Obama

Posted with TapaTalk
Yes, it was just politics in 2006. It is very easy for a Senator to voice opposition against a debt limit increase because it will still pass regardless of that opposition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies